What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good News For New York

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Shitty news if you grow or sell weed there, second largest US weed black market about to get crushed by big money Canna.

Medmen contributed $65K to Cuomo last year and now he's a changed man.

That POS gave NY the worst Medical rules in the US and I expect the most crooked state legislature to follow along with the highest tax rates and biggest fees for entry into the market.

I think the chances of home growing there will remain at 0%, if you won't let dying patients grow there's no way they allow citizens to do it.

NY's medical program doesn't even allow flower sales or smoked cannabis or edibles, perhaps they will get the first recreation program to do the same, vape pens, pills and tinctures only?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are no bigger scumbags than professional politicians

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Cuomo and his cronies are some of the worst there are in politics these days. The medical program here in NY is awful. There are very few doctors who even participate, and you have to have have specific problems to get in. The big business that came in to get the 4-5 licenses (200k per license FYI)to grow and sell are making very little money and are complaining.

About a year ago Cuomo himself said cannabis was a gateway drug. Once the social justice warriors showed all the arrest and prison statistics he changed his tune overnight. His father Mario was pure scum and so is his brother Chris. They've driven so many people and businesses out of the state with their communism in disguise tactics.

It all comes down to the debt and paying the pensions. NY is net negative demographically and pensions are only about 70% funded.
NYC has almost 100 billion in bond debt rolling over, so of course they give millions to amazon to open up the second headquarters.
Jeff Bezos loves to do business with clowns like Cuomo.

A big portion of cannabis will remain black market in NY state if these buffoons pass legislation that is garbage. I'd give it a 50/50 chance. Remember, these psychopaths are all about control. Everything else comes second.

-Funk

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Shitty news if you grow or sell weed there, second largest US weed black market about to get crushed by big money Canna.

Medmen contributed $65K to Cuomo last year and now he's a changed man.

That POS gave NY the worst Medical rules in the US and I expect the most crooked state legislature to follow along with the highest tax rates and biggest fees for entry into the market.

I think the chances of home growing there will remain at 0%, if you won't let dying patients grow there's no way they allow citizens to do it.

NY's medical program doesn't even allow flower sales or smoked cannabis or edibles, perhaps they will get the first recreation program to do the same, vape pens, pills and tinctures only?

Exactly this. Well put Chunky!

igrowone

Veteran
any insider info on what it will be?
some saying no home growing, that would suck if true
but i don't see much hard info out there

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
any insider info on what it will be?
some saying no home growing, that would suck if true
but i don't see much hard info out there

They are in the planning stages, there were meetings held around the state for input over the past few months but he has not been specific about anything.

I went to Albany for 2 years during the med process and it was the most fucked up thing I've ever seen.

The pro legalization groups were bussing homeless AIDS patients from the Bronx to wave their signs for them and rolling around sick kids in wheelchairs for TV cameras.

All so ten companies could get a lock on vertical production thru sales ops in a med system that only the 1% can afford while they bide their time to get a lock on recreational.

Politicians, Police and their families got the weed game on Fleek in NY and job number one will be Prison for the black market and taxes on the vape pens.

igrowone

Veteran
They are in the planning stages, there were meetings held around the state for input over the past few months but he has not been specific about anything.

I went to Albany for 2 years during the med process and it was the most fucked up thing I've ever seen.

The pro legalization groups were bussing homeless AIDS patients from the Bronx to wave their signs for them and rolling around sick kids in wheelchairs for TV cameras.

All so ten companies could get a lock on vertical production thru sales ops in a med system that only the 1% can afford while they bide their time to get a lock on recreational.

Politicians, Police and their families got the weed game on Fleek in NY and job number one will be Prison for the black market and taxes on the vape pens.

we're not going to get everything we want, pretty much a given
just kind of smelling the air if there's any effect we can have
probably not, this is how NY rolls
but the 2 neighbouring states, vermont and mass have allowed home grows
not sure if that's helpful, sometimes you just live on hope

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It has to start somewhere. Once the nay sayers start puffing rules will evolve.

Raho

Veteran
If anyone can screw up the opportunity of legalization beyond any level of failure reached before, I believe NY can do it.
If California's prop 64 teaches small growers and med patients anything, it is to NOT vote for a bad law.
Incrementalism is a path to monopolies for mega-weed.

killa-bud

Veteran
this is in the last session's bill "Senate Bill S3040C"

Section five of the bill amends section 3382 of the Public Health Law to
allow home cultivation of up to 6 marihuana plants by individuals twen-
ty-one years or older.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
we're not going to get everything we want, pretty much a given
just kind of smelling the air if there's any effect we can have
probably not, this is how NY rolls
but the 2 neighbouring states, vermont and mass have allowed home grows
not sure if that's helpful, sometimes you just live on hope

It has to start somewhere. Once the nay sayers start puffing rules will evolve.

Better to look at New Jersey than those two states, they are next to Canada too and the whole country almost is legal but that's meaningless, those states are fucking utopias compared to NY.

I have four autoimmune diseases and I live on herb not hope.:biggrin:

Nine years ago New Jersey got very limited medical and six dispensaries, today they just permitted six more, there's progress at the state level for you.

Homegrown is not on the table in their recreational plans and it won't be in NY either, cops are too strong there and it would eat into tax revenue.

I would love to be wrong on this but this is a political smokescreen.

Look at cigarette prices in NYS and see how much hope you should have in getting a good recreational program out of that legislature.

And the cops there are never going to stop busting the brown skinned for weed in my lifetime...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Always wanted to visit NY, ,
Not too long a flight from London,,
Can ya smoke in Hotels like the Gotham etc ?,,,,s2

igrowone

Veteran
this is in the last session's bill "Senate Bill S3040C"

Section five of the bill amends section 3382 of the Public Health Law to
allow home cultivation of up to 6 marihuana plants by individuals twen-
ty-one years or older.