What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Selecting next strain, any advise?

Frijol

Hello, i had harvest my first grow with good results i believe, i´d grown two strains from "eva seeds" one indica and one sativa
Monster (Sativa)
Tnt Kush (Indica)
i had chosen these seeds basically cause they are cheap and it was my first grow and i supposed that a lot of mistakes was to be made.
Now, for my second grow i want something a little "better" maybe so i made a selection, so please anyone who has grown any of these strains give me your feedback!
(i want to grow one of each indica/sativa)
Indicas:
-Blueberry (Dutch Passion)
-White Widow (Green House, i readed that this was the best WW after Mr.nice Black widow)
-L.A Confidential (DNA Genetics)
-Northern Light (nirvana)
-Northern Light Blue (Delicious Seeds)
-Purple Bud (White Label)

Sativas:
-Chocolope (DNA genetics)
-S.A.G.E (Th Seeds)
-Euforia (Dutch Passion)
-Nebula (Delicious)
-Dutch Dragon (delicious)

Thank you!

Scrappy-doo

Chocolope and la confidential are both great strains. I'd pop those 2 and throw the rest in the compost bin.

Frijol

Hello! Thank you to everyone for your answers!

Im very surprised cause i have readed that strains like blueberry, white widow and northern light are like a must for the grower!

but all the answer says the opposite!

so my selection wasnt so good after all, anyone who can recommend me strains also will be appreciated, full sativa, indica or hybrid.
But where i live the stores doesnt have too much options (and cant get them online and mailed to my house), basically i can get seeds from these brands:
Dutch Passion
DNA Genetics
Barney´s Farm
Green House (I got from them a Super Lemon Haze that im going to grow)
Nirvana (very few strains)
T.H Seeds (I got from them a Bubblegum that im going to grow)
Female Seeds
Serious Seeds
Sweet Seeds
Delicious Seeds

H

HazeOil

if thats all to chose from than these would be my options
Dutch Passion(mazar) ive had luck with these beans 2years ago
DNA(la con)(chocolope)
Barney farm(violator kush) dont think they have it anymore tho
THseeds(bgum)(sage)

Peace,

Scrappy-doo

White widow and northern lights were great strains like 20 years ago, today not so much. Blueberry is one of my favorite strains, but I wouldn't even consider it from any of those seed co's. DNA has some legit gear and really the only one on that list I'd really expect to find the dank. Here's a thread to look through for some strain suggestions of their stuff.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=282809

If you look at reviews of most all those other co's you'll find for the most part they're either past their prime, or are just mass seed producers of garbage. They have their fans but most of them if you look close are newbies. Serious Seeds White Russian was nice though when I ran it like 6-7 years ago, and I've heard some good things about Sweet Seeds Cream Caramel. Look for grow journals on anything you are considering. Could save ya some ching and a bunch of time and effort.

Frijol

Thank you very much!
Scrappy doo which seedbanks you found to be the best?
I skipped some brands that i can get here cause i dont readed good stuff about them or because they are very expensive, but anyway i would like to hear your opinion, here the list:

From Spain (I believe)
Eva Seeds
Positronics
Pyramid Seeds
Dinafem
Blimburn Seeds

Netherland:
White Label
Paradise Seeds
Royal Queen
Sensi Seeds (expensive!)
Super Strains Seeds

Canada:
Ace Seeds

UK?:
Emerald Triangle Seeds

Very expensive seeds:
Reserva Privada
Cali Conection
Elemental Seeds
Rare Dankness

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello! Thank you to everyone for your answers!

Im very surprised cause i have readed that strains like blueberry, white widow and northern light are like a must for the grower!

but all the answer says the opposite!

so my selection wasnt so good after all, anyone who can recommend me strains also will be appreciated, full sativa, indica or hybrid.
But where i live the stores doesnt have too much options (and cant get them online and mailed to my house), basically i can get seeds from these brands:
Dutch Passion
DNA Genetics
Barney´s Farm
Green House (I got from them a Super Lemon Haze that im going to grow)
Nirvana (very few strains)
T.H Seeds (I got from them a Bubblegum that im going to grow)
Female Seeds
Serious Seeds
Sweet Seeds
Delicious Seeds

It's a matter of taste and preference. Personally, I like NL, WW and BB.

Maybe get a few, try 'em out....don't buy all if you are unsure.

Joint Lock

I can vouch for Dinafem work : bluewidow is awesome plant with large yields and pretty solid for what u see is what u get in the pictures.

Can also vouch for dinafem power kush .Some of the best indica weed ive ever had and pure fruity pebbles on the exhale and inhale for flavor. Love this strain

Nirvana has a better version of widow then Greenhouse if u ask me and a lot cheaper .

Only thing I ever got from greenhouse worth a fuck was kings kush it was fucking awesome with its og undertones and its solid dense golf ball nugs.

Nirvana northern light is a awesome strain also . I grew female from nirvana for 3 yrs before letting her go . Shes pure pine with large yields of topshelf nugs . Potentcy is good but not great . probably better then anything u have grown so far

I would stick with bog ,DNA, Dinafem, Humboldt seed company ,TGA , Nirvana , AlphaKronic ,Spice of life , Connoiseur ,Hortilab . wouldn't venture to far from there

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Ace for sure.

I grew blue cheese from Dinafem, and it was really good.

Many folks don't like what they do, but I've seen plenty of good reports and my experience was a good one.

S

sourpuss

Id run the dna over the rest but im partial to dna and have always found good plants. That said id rwcommend some bodhi haha... hate to say boo and bay is a little scarce on the bodhi stock...

Bodhi im interested in...

Elfinstone
Dank sinatra
Clusterfunk
Dragons blood

Already got blue tara prob that and sunshine daydream r tops on the list... oh and goji haha just buy em all....

Also Karma genetics!!! Chimera!!!! Cant go wrong with either, just choose wisely according to what your looking for...

S

sourpuss

Hold up buddy.... tnt kush??? Tnt seeds??? Or the strain is called tnt kush by some other company?

Heres another one for you to have a look see... insane seed posse.... chemdawg bx, chem 91 bx, orange diesel, cantalope kush... you can see the chemdawg bx done right by purple frostbyte

Scrappy-doo

Thank you very much!
Scrappy doo which seedbanks you found to be the best?
I skipped some brands that i can get here cause i dont readed good stuff about them or because they are very expensive, but anyway i would like to hear your opinion, here the list:

From Spain (I believe)
Eva Seeds
Positronics
Pyramid Seeds
Dinafem
Blimburn Seeds

Netherland:
White Label
Paradise Seeds
Royal Queen
Sensi Seeds (expensive!)
Super Strains Seeds

Canada:
Ace Seeds

UK?:
Emerald Triangle Seeds

Very expensive seeds:
Reserva Privada
Cali Conection
Elemental Seeds
Rare Dankness

Spend the extra money, genetics are not something you wanna skimp on. In the long run even the expensive seeds are cheap if you find a great plant you can keep as a mother for years.

Most of those listed I don't have experience with. Stay away from companies that are new or don't have many grow reports or reviews. There's a reason for that.

I've grown blue widow from dinafem which was a decent commercial strain.

Reserva Privada is an offshoot of DNA and I'd recommend them.

Cali Connection is garbage imo from what I've run and Swerve is a tool and a dickhead. Some people claim to have found fire in his gear, but you gotta hunt through the subpar and hermie plants.

Ace I've heard great things about with plenty of grow reports and pics in their subforum on thie site.

Rare dankness I've heard mixed reviews but they have or at least had a good following and some people love them.

The rest you should research if interested. I'd be weary of them unless highly recommended by someone I respect.

waveguide

Veteran
try an ace mix pack. advice depends on a lot of things, including who gives it, scope and scale of grow. imo LA con has a nice taste, but other strains do more for me. i find bubblegum has a great high.

i would grab some of the celebrated mandala strains while they're still available.

Frijol

Hold up buddy.... tnt kush??? Tnt seeds??? Or the strain is called tnt kush by some other company?

Heres another one for you to have a look see... insane seed posse.... chemdawg bx, chem 91 bx, orange diesel, cantalope kush... you can see the chemdawg bx done right by purple frostbyte

Hello, Sourpuss the strain is called "TNT Kush" the breeder is Eva Seeds, i also grown a Sativa strain from them called "Monster" it was my first harvest, but if i compare them with all the weed that i had smoked, they are above average, i went one time to amsterdam and tryed a lot of different strains there, these buds are of that kind.
--------------
Thanks to everyone for stopping by and give me your advises!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nebula - Paradise
Bubblegum and White Russian - Serious

And anything from ACE

I don't know how much those Dutch Passion Blueberry seeds are where you are at but you will find some nice plants in there for sure.