What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why wooden spoons?

justanotherbozo

Veteran
No one came here to prove anything man, just share their ideas on the original question. You jacked the thread, looking for evidence, yet given none yourself.. Go extract your smelly attitude out of here.
...let's see if your post gets deleted like mine did.

peace, bozo

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
So your factual evidence is a bunch of fucking stoners trying to justify if the taste is different between different spoons? Show us the link to this scientific study.... Also, please tell us all right now that you don't eat off metal silverware. Post a picture of your drawer full of disposable plastic stuff. Since you seem to care so much about that type of thing. Right? Yeah, god forbid the taste of the hash be tainted, but fuck it, ima eat off this bitch everyday of my life, LOL. If that's the case, you're already proving that you're not all there to begin with.

Did they do the same batch with 4 different spoons? I doubt it, and even then, that's the most ridiculous 'factual' evidence ever.

Well I guess by your logic, since Smirnoff Vodka tested above Goose and others in a 'blind' test that i'll just pretend it doesn't matter, even though anyone with a palate above 'monkey' could tell the difference.

GS - What thread of yours? The entire first page has nothing but your terrible dry sifting thread.

So no, I haven't watched your videos, since they either don't exist or have fallen so far back in this forum that nobody else cares.

Congrats on that, though.

Somebody show me something other than 'derp derp stoners said so' as scientific evidence.

Also, you still have not answered OP's question. What does a slightly duller edge do that makes the hash better?

Isn't the purpose of making water hash to break up buds and such? So you're being counter productive on purpose, then?

Explain yourself, if you can.
Freedom of speech doesnt give you the right to be a fuq head. If ya got nothing positive to add then i can speak for the whole.........kick rocks!:tumbleweed:

It's a very simple question, how come nobody has tried to answer it, yet?

Possibly because there is no evidence (as stated in op)?

Just want to hear a real explanation for why it should matter.

OMGWTFBBQ420

Hey thanks for the responses guys, didn't expect such a flame war though! I appreciate the input. I was just honestly curious about the reasoning regarding the use, it seemed like something people just did without thinking. Makes me think about people's use of spoons to scoop off their bags too, but I guess that's a little different then mixing for 10+ minutes and having the spoon soak in the water.

MJBadger

Veteran
Just want to hear a real explanation for why it should matter.

It dose`nt , nobody at all on this whole site will be able to tell whether a lump of water hash was mixed with a spoon of wood or metal . It`s just people that think they can . After all you use heat at a temp high enough to burn flesh to smoke the resin so your not gonna get any taste taint .Theory was that as a wooden spoon had softer edges it would not damage the green so much while mixing which is BS . Chlorophyl in excess will taint a mix & that will alter the taste .
Somewhere way back when I had enough bud for water hash I used to use a plaster mixer on electric drill slow speed clamped in a workmate & let it run for 10-15mins . I had true connisears smoke the hash & buy , they were very happy people .

RB56

Veteran
Funniest thread I've read in a long time. Crying, laughing.

So putting a spoon in one's mouth is analogous to stirring five gallons of water, ice and weed with that spoon, discarding the vast majority of the material the spoon was in contact with and then consuming what's left by burning, vaporizing or mixing it with something else in terms of being able to detect a taste?

The proposition was presented to buttress a preconceived notion. No one would ever suggest such a thing as a plausible explanation of anything if they approached the question with an open mind. Nothing to do with learning. Bad JuJu.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
not sure what up DSW, but you need to chill out. when you start going in to a personal vendetta against another member you are breaking the terms of use as well as screwing up the good vibes. so please rain your self in, people have opinions, sometimes they will be different then yours, thats no reason to hate. Skip has already cleaned up once, now i've done so again, so lets keep it civil and on topic.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Somewhere way back when I had enough bud for water hash I used to use a plaster mixer on electric drill slow speed clamped in a workmate & let it run for 10-15mins . I had true connisears smoke the hash & buy , they were very happy people .

that's how we make it...lot easier then hand churning... not a big fan of hash either by water or dry ice, but have 2 sets of bags, n lots of popcorn so we make it. no green , at least that we see on the 1st run, a bit on the 2nd, n when we do a
3rd run, its green .. looks like the moraccan hash of 30-40yrs ago..

but all the hash imo can't touch the stuff we we getting in the late 60's/early 70's.. which is interesting as most would say that the herb today is much stronger, so good shit in...good shit out... better shit in..better shit out... in our estimation this is not so...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Full melt dry sift is as good or better than from the 60/70's

in 69/71 , we were get kick-ass hash ... black ..n no it wasn't hit with opin.... the shit we make on the 1st run 73/90 bags is melt... but my foggy memory says no way does it touch the old shit.. one man's opinion...

EsterEssence

Veteran
I smoked back then the primo, red and blnd leb, temple balls. I said Full melt dry sift not bubble hash.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I don't know if you have to use a wooden spoon. I use a plastic paint mixer (from lowes) attached to an electric drill. Got some nice full melt water hash recently using that method with fresh frozen trim and nugs and lots of ice!

I've tried the wooden spoon before since it fits in the drill chuck, but I like the paint mixer better. The agitation is excellent and cuts down on the mixing time....which helps with the smell and flavor of the finished product...but that's just been my experience.

HB.

supermanlives

Veteran
well I ran shitloads of bubble bag runs an I never could tell the diff. I used a spoon wooden, and stainless an a paint mixer blade. the wood spoon was more pure cause it didn't beat the shit out of the material as much as the others .