What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how do you get black strap molasses out of the carpet????

NOKUY

Veteran
any good ideas on gettin' some molasses out the carpet??

im soakin' some of it up w/ a towel, but there is gonna be a stain :dunno:

...prolly easiest to replace the carpet

blackstrap-molasses.jpg

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
man that gotta suX..... sorry..... one more reason I LUV my HardWood Floors..........

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Don't worry the ants will do it for you.

A shampoo-er will take that out no prob. At the local supermarket here they rent them for the day. Lets face it, the rest of your carpets could probably use it also, if your house is anything like mine.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
lol cut the carpet out. have you tried hot water and a towel? you know its just black sugar right? keep dabbing with the hot wet towel and you will eventually get it all. or get the carpet shampooer. same thing less work.

Mixing blackstrap over carpet?! Lesson learnt I hope :bashhead:

Replacing small pieces of carpet can be done without a whole lot of effort, Maybe you could try steam?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any good ideas on gettin' some molasses out the carpet??

im soakin' some of it up w/ a towel, but there is gonna be a stain :dunno:

...prolly easiest to replace the carpet

right on bro, I'm gettin' the picture now, you, your lady and a warm jar of molasses.......

W

Womble

chuck a rug over the area when it's dried or don't...those are your two options from me :biggrin:

litebuzz

hot carpet steamer....like one of those little bizell cleaners. I'd much rather clean that than a soft yucky dog accident. good luck! hey what did you buy for a truck?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
maybe an emzyme based cleaner-like industrial cleaners use to clean up after decomposing bodies or vomit or other human waste, then hit it with the steam cleaner.
Alternatively--get your woman to do it LOL (Ironic internet sexism)

SourPurp

A product from BioKleen called Bac-Out is what you're looking for. It's a stable collection of enzyme cultures that break down organic matter. I've cleaned up dog poo, pee, throwup, grape juice from my carpet no problems.

S

SeaMaiden

Don't worry the ants will do it for you.

A shampoo-er will take that out no prob. At the local supermarket here they rent them for the day. Lets face it, the rest of your carpets could probably use it also, if your house is anything like mine.
We said, Fuck it! Bought a carpet shampooer. Even though most of the house is hardwood flooring and the kitchen is tile, the bedrooms are carpeted and I have carpets over the floor in the living room, so I use it.

May take a few passes, but a shampooer is also my recommendation. Though I dig the pee idea, just for the nasty dirty old man aspect. Probably likes to keep his toenails long, and collects his earwax, too.

Latest posts

Latest posts