What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"i slipped and fell into the life raft"....LMFAO

NOKUY

Veteran
ha ha ha..wtf..ha ha haaaaaaaaaawww!

that the best shit i ever heard....dude should be captain on a crabber w/ that kind of luck... not on a cruise ship .... did he really just say that????? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/search-efforts-on-costa-concordia-halted/

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Another day, another version of the story from the captain of the Costa Concordia who reportedly abandoned ship after it slammed into submerged rocks off the coast of Tuscany last Friday and partially capsized.

Originally Francesco Schettino insisted that he stayed aboard until the ship was evacuated.

However, an audio recording made public Tuesday made it clear he fled before all passengers were off — and then defied Italian Coast Guard Capt. Gregorio De Falco’s repeated orders to go back.

“Listen Schettino,” De Falco can be heard shouting in the audio tape. “There are people trapped on board. … You go on board and then you will tell me how many people there are. Is that clear?”

But Schettino resisted.

“I am here with the rescue boats. I am here. I am not going anywhere. I am here,” he said. “I am here to coordinate the rescue.”

The latest version from Schettino is that he didn’t intentionally abandoned ship, rather he tripped and fell into a life boat.

CBS News reports that according to La Repubblica Schettino told a judge during questioning on Tuesday that he was trying to help evacuate the passengers when he accidentally fell into a life boat.

“I didn’t even have a life jacket because I had given it to one of the passengers. I was trying to get people to get into the boats in an orderly fashion. Suddenly, since the ship was at a 60 to 70 degree angle, I tripped and I ended up in one of the boats. That’s how I found myself in the lifeboat,” said Schettino. “Suspended there, I was unable to lower the boat into the sea, because the space was blocked by other boats in the water.”

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it's reported that this fucker (the capt.) got as close to the shoreline as possible to please his headwaiter who was from that village on the shore, people died because this cowardly prick wanted to impress a waiter.

NOKUY

Veteran
-1st red flag:

we're getting on a cruise ship named the "Costa Concordia" .....i'd rather hop on the wizard and take my chances w/ captain keith. :dunno:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
How the hell can a ship with the most modern navigation equipment and trained crew hit a reef?

I think the ex captain has something to answer.

Go to jail...do not pass go.

Protea

they have confirmed that he did it to impress the head waiter, who had familly on the island. he tweeted that the ship would pass exstra close to shore to greet the islanders.
there is also a vid. of the captain where he stand on the shore, whit a blanket around his shoulders, filmed by pasengers on the sinking ship.
omg. i hope he get a long stint in prison.

castout

Veteran
Can you imagine the sheer terror of being on that ship? I have been on cruises, and it has never occurred to me that the captain might try a crazy stunt. People have died, because this man, I can't even call him a Captain, decided to have a little fun. He deserves to go to jail for a long time.....he is a coward, a show off, and a murderer.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
No doubt he should be imprisoned. But I think it should be for nothing less than multiple murders

E

el dub

its one thing to pull a stunt that endangers all on board and another thing entirely to abandon the ship before the passengers when the stunt in question goes bad.

lw

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

manslaughter charges aren't sufficient, this has to be murder 2nd degree. the captain purposefully and knowingly put the ship in danger that could result in death, in the US that's murder 2.

and then abandoning ship himself in the most cowardly fashion cements that charge, leaving innocent passengers to fend for themselves.......

supermanlives

Veteran
he should be set adrift in that lifeboat somewhere remote. what ever happaned to going down with the ship. what a pussy. the ship was in such shallow water it couldnt totally sink. hell i could of jumped in an swam to shore LOL i would of been hitting the bar while everyone else was fleeing. free booze all you can drink

E

el dub

stoner4life: Calm down, dude. The good Captain didn't abandon ship. He just "accidentally" fell into a lifeboat with the First and Second Mates..... hehe

lw

C

Classy@Home

And "Coward" was his name, O...

Wow - he'd have been hanged after trial 2 centuries ago.

Sounds fair...

E

el dub

... and in the 40's he would have been just another Italian soldier. lol

lw

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
yeh I don't know about all this...seems every time there's a major disaster it's always blamed on a single individual. I have no opinion on his guilt. I don't know enough about it to want to lynch him. :)