What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Use 2000w to produce 4000w....

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
so i was at the hydro shop earlier, and the guy was showing me a large electric generator.

from what he described to me, you plug it in the wall, it consumes 2000w, and at the other end it has 4 240v plugs for 4 1000w lights....

the brand was "pro energie" and the model was "greenEKonum 4000w"

so i wrote the name and model number down to search on the net and i cant find nothing on it....has anyone heard of this? any info on it would be greatly apreciated...ill take pics next time im there

EDIT: pics page 16

Last edited:
Are you fukin kiddin me Joe....back up the fucking truck (beep beep beep) if its real.

edit: *10 mins and I cant find anything even near related except a canadian hydropower contractor by the name pro-energie*

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well i seen it in the shop, the thing is about the size of a dolly with wheels, about 1.5x1.5 and 4-5 feet long...

i cant find anything on the net...but if this is the real deal then its good news for everyone

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
are you sure you aren't just talking about a flip-flop box ie: 2k watts at 12/12 running two rooms and inturn is running 4k watts?

EDIT:

I saw what you posted above and that is NOT a flip flop. that sounds interesting.

take some pics!

I want to see this cool machine thing

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
aparently there is multiple sizes but this is just the 4000w model he had for show....im stunned i had always thought of this years ago but figured if it was possible it would have been done a long time ago...

anyone ever hear of this device? or the company pro energie greenekonum

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ya lol its def not a flip box...the hydro guy told me its an electric generator....you plug 4 1000w lights into it, and it only consumes half of that in electricity....

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
You can't get more out than you put in without effecting other parts of the equation

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
That sounds so cool. I am trying to figure how that would make any sense. I wonder if it is like the 1000w ballast that can do 2 600's etc as far as being able to OVERAMP a ballast in some fashion?

Just throwing out what ifs lol. I don't know how something can provide double the juice BUT man would that be great here in Cali with the crazy PG&E costs lol.

too cool!

ya lol its def not a flip box...the hydro guy told me its an electric generator....you plug 4 1000w lights into it, and it only consumes half of that in electricity....

Damn...I am waiting patiently for more info....cuz if its real, could be a game changer...

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
well i plan to go take some pics, it looks like a gun cabinet on wheels and weighs about 300-350 lbs

so for the size, weight and price it better do something

ill go take pics tommorrow or the day after, my truck broke down so im bumming lifts :D

Herbophile

It sound sketchy to me. I'm not an engineer or an expert but I'm pretty sure you can't export more energy than you input. This technology would turn the world upside down if it was available.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
The conservation of energy law makes this impossible. I would like to see the specs on this because I am calling bullshit.

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
what you don't see is the tiny bigfoot inside running on a treadmill, or maybe it's alien technology reverse engineered and sold in hydro stores.

GoeRilla

That´s a good one:)
Buy 100 of them and start your own energy company.
You buy more units for the money you make and soon you will dominate the market
if others don´t copy you.

Rilla.