What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ice Cream (Paradise Seeds) New

m0ff99

cant wait to try my paradise ice cream!!!!!! Currently at 38 days flower,and MAN do these things flower quick!!!!! I wouldn't like to hazard a guestimation on the yield yet but it is a monster producer IMO. Here's my favourite at 30 days 12/12......

I love this plant soooo much,i love em all but she's my favourite!!!! I'm so glad i cloned her.....
icon10.gif

Will update some pics tonite of day 38.......

PEACE OUT!!

S

SourDeezy

Very nice. The wide indica leaves kind of remind me of my chemdawg dd. Does your pheno have really hard thick stems? I recall it having one of the strongest stems for how thick it was.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
m0ff99,

Nice looking plants there. Can't wait to hear your take on ice cream. Hope you get some great pheno's. Keep up the good work and continue posting pics =]

Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
This strain sounds really good for ADD, ADHD, anyone that's hyper or has a hard time concentrating.... very nice medical properties I bet.

VirginHarvester,

I do have ADHD, and that's why I love the balancing effect. Funny you say this, because I was thinking of having my friend grow out a lot more of this so I could use it as my ADHD cannabis. I'm so sick of ritalin and all those horrible side effects and burnt out feelings, that I never get from using cannabis. It works perfectly for the ADHD, given the strains personality. My friend it also growing out the actual strain: "ADHD" by Grow Doc. Curious to see how that works. It's interesting how many people with ADHD self medicate with cannabis, and successfully I might add. I run my own business and am doing training for high end custom Smart house installations. Also went to college for Philosophy/Psychology and Cognitive Science.

I would have to thank the medicinal effects of cannabis through that journey =]

Some Resources:
(1) ADHD and the endocannabinoid system @ http://www.scribd.com/doc/12704230/ADHDEndocannabinoidSystem#
(2) Cannabis Efficacy in Treating ADD & ADHD, David Bearman, MD @ http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1820696077430281885
(3) ADHD and cannabis @ http://davidbearmanmd.com/docs/ADHD&cannabis.pdf

Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Thanks for the update SourDeezy. Good info =] And ya, my friend is growing some Rez Chemdog DD. The fan leaves are freaking huge! The only plant with bigger fan leaves is TGA (Subcool) Qleaner: [Jack's Cleaner (original) x Querkle]

bigdaddyc9

Guys/Gals-all you who have experienced smoking "Ice Cream" can you tell me would it be good for a chronic pain patient on mucho Oxycontin(480mg's)?? I have been admiring Ice Cream for a spell now and wonder if it worth investing in some beans.Thanks for the comebacks if any-Peace and One Love BigD:joint:

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Guys/Gals-all you who have experienced smoking "Ice Cream" can you tell me would it be good for a chronic pain patient on mucho Oxycontin(480mg's)?? I have been admiring Ice Cream for a spell now and wonder if it worth investing in some beans.Thanks for the comebacks if any-Peace and One Love BigD:joint:

Ouch man. Thats a lot of unatural Oxycontin, 6 a day if my math is right that must be pretty intense. I completely understand why you would want to find a strong marijuana plant as a substitute to battle the pain. Ice cream is good, it has a little numbing and distancing from pain qualities but not the top of the line for harsh pain treatment. I would recommend a really strong indica like Blueberry-Romulan, Sensi-Star, HashPlant 13 or heijuana.

But adding a bowl of ice cream on top of an almost pure and strong indica would be a great mood and meditation addition to using other strains.

So in short, Ice Cream might be worth a try for what you are looking for, but you might need some much more indica dominant strains for the degree of pain you are having.

Bi0hazard

bigdaddyc9

Bio-you are right on-6 x 80mg.I do 3 in am and 3 in pm.I am a power puker delux that needs some relief.Even if its for just a few days.A buddy sent me some MK Ultra the other day that tasted exactly like fine white widow and its working better than most but a true pain strain I have yet to find.Thanks for the help-BigD

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Bio-you are right on-6 x 80mg.I do 3 in am and 3 in pm.I am a power puker delux that needs some relief.Even if its for just a few days.A buddy sent me some MK Ultra the other day that tasted exactly like fine white widow and its working better than most but a true pain strain I have yet to find.Thanks for the help-BigD

I would highly recommend Blueberry Punch (Blueberry x Romulan) by Next Generation seeds. A lot of people who use cannabis for serious pain management tend to like it, a lot. And its really... really great for appetite stimulation.
http://www.greenlifeseeds.com/index.php/Next-Generation-Seed-Co./Blueberry-Punch

Also, I heard Blue Dynamite by Next Gen is also great for pain, won high times top 10 strains in 2007.
http://www.greenlifeseeds.com/index.php/Next-Generation-Seed-Co./Blue-Dynamite

Also Romulan Max -
http://www.greenlifeseeds.com/index.php/Next-Generation-Seed-Co./Romulan-Max.

I'm not the most experienced in specifically targeting strains for pain management, since I do not have chronic pain that could be relieved or not, for testing. I would highly recommend starting up a post on ICMAG asking people about the best strains for pain management. I'm sure anyone on this forum will understand how important your question is, given the amount of OC's you have to take, and they will go out of there way to list the strains that have worked best for them, as well as places to get them.

Hope you find a strain that is what you are looking for, I've heard they are out there. And lots of people here should have experience with them. But please start a post, to make sure you get the most experienced, educated and accurate feedback possible in your search. I'm sure you will get great answers. If you post it they will come =]

Smoke68

:fsu::fsu::fsu:
BigD, sounds like one fukt up sitiuation... You know, this just reminds me how it is funny that the government pushes the use of expensive, human made, synthetic medications and bans the use and/or treatment of natural, abundent(if allowed to grow as natural) plant material...
So Big, what kind of pain relief strains have you tried that worked? Every once and a while we get some white widow in the area that dulls chronic back ache/spasm pretty well, but I dont have any clue what brand of seeds they are. In my hometown, there was an older lady that grew a strain of snow white(I always asked if it was Nirvana and she never knew) that she said was in flower for 90 days. I remember(hardly lol) sitting with my buddy on a rail, smoking a secret toker of the knock-you-out-narcotic, looking over to see a wall running along the rail and go to lean against it. What I did not notice was the wall stopping less than a foot from me... Straight on my ass... :wallbash: I want to find that sh*t again. and if it costs me $30 to find a keeper or the real winner it would be worth it.
I've heard, but never tried that Romulon is fantastic for pain relief and even better for MS patients. Some phenos of Bluberry I tried are decent pain relievers/muscle relaxers. I have Hashberry and Speed queen going now to see any medicinal qualities within them. I have never gotten the chance to try or grow Ice cream. All seedbanks are out right now so I was thinking of picking up some Lifesaver or heavy duty fruity to give a try.

Rasta311

I broke my back,collar,and pelvic bones in a motocross accident. I have a back fusion and have had 3 operations. Titanium pins and rods, cut from my neck to my crack. With all that being said I look for medicine to help cut my pain. Ice Cream does a great job and has to date been my favorite smoke. Give it a try....you wont be disappointed. It has not let me down the past two years.

I've been looking and this is only available in fem'd, right? No problem though, I've had good results with fem'd in the past.

Yes femm is all iv seen, dont think iv seen them sold and other way but i could be wrong. Buddy got all 10 to sprout and finish with 2 def keepers. That was the 1st time using femed beans and i will say im mighty impressed.

amblerg

Nice report, if you get a chance snap some dry shots, and edit your first post. It sux to read a great smoke report with no pics, its like having blue balls.

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Great report and comments. How long into 12/12 do people typically go with the Ice Cream. Also, do folks think it would it be a suitable companion strain with Sensi Star?

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I broke my back,collar,and pelvic bones in a motocross accident. I have a back fusion and have had 3 operations. Titanium pins and rods, cut from my neck to my crack. With all that being said I look for medicine to help cut my pain. Ice Cream does a great job and has to date been my favorite smoke. Give it a try....you wont be disappointed. It has not let me down the past two years.

Sorry to hear about your situation of unavoidable pain management. Although, it's great to hear that Ice Cream worked so well for your pain symptoms. Nice to get some feedback from someone who could attest how Ice Cream works for pain. I was never able to give feedback on that area, however I do I love it for its centered and meditative qualities among others.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Great report and comments. How long into 12/12 do people typically go with the Ice Cream. Also, do folks think it would it be a suitable companion strain with Sensi Star?

From what I've heard, it sounds like that would be an excellent cross. I, personally have never had sensi star. None of my friends ever grew it, however they recently ordered some Paradise Sensi Star, Nebula, and Opium seeds. As well as a whole other list of strains from other top breeders.

Mixing Ice Cream and Sensi Star would seem to create a greater couchlock / sleepy weed, especially the Sensi Star dom phenos.

However, the nice thing about ice cream alone, is that the first 3-4 bowls are a nice 60% indica / 40% sativa balance that isn't tiresome at all and is actually invigorating. However, if you smoke enough it soon becomes a great indica and works perfect for sleeping. It handles both spectrum's well given the higher baseline for the "indica over-hall" that requires many extra bowls. And believe me 1 - 2 bowls has astounding effects alone, with a deep indica/sativa stone fused with great mental and mood uplifting qualities.

Definitely a keeper

Bi0hazard

Veteran
An anonymous user contacted me and asked me about its effects for anxiety. I Thought I would share my response in case others have this question or would like to build further questions off of this dialog.

(My Private Message Response)

Thanks for the interest, I'm more than happy to answer any questions.

It would work very well for all of the above. It is very calming and centered. It completely removes any of my anxiety and also makes me feel centered in a non rushed way. On top of the other anti-anxiety effect this is great, because it removes the precursor to a lot of anxiety (feeling rushed.) It does this while retaining mental clarity, which is important.

As soon as you take a hit of it, you feel it come over your body in warm and happy waves. If I'm in private I usually close my eyes and feel it sweep through my body . It is absolutely a mood enhancer, it puts me in as happy a state as sour diesel or blueberry. Where everything is just a joy to do, and it would be pretty hard to get me in a bad mood.

Its one of my favorite strains I've come across and especially for the anti-Anxiety and ADHD treatment qualities. So I would definitely recommend it as a mood up-lifter with a huge amount of anxiety reduction. More than most strains I've tried.

Bi0hazard

Bi0hazard

Veteran
How long into 12/12 do people typically go with the Ice Cream?

My friend grew out the phenos between 56 and 60 days. Other users like "SourDeezy" have said harvesting at 65 days produces a very pronounced heavier couch lock effect.