What's new

DWC autos seedlings yellow and droopy

D9apothecaries

Ok. Just moved to a medicinal state where I no longer have to guerilla grow. So, indoor is all new to me.

I have 12 Root Spa buckets set up, Running The Advanced Nutrients Conneseuir Grow and Bloom (eventually) with all the bells and whistles (it was all given to me free), also running Hydroguard, 4×8 tent with 2000 watts (2x1000) MHS, RH at 50%, TEMPS AT 77° and water temps at 70°, 200ppm in RO water, and 5.8PH.

Here's the issue....I'm growing some autos (all reputable seed banks) and I'm am now at day 15 from when I put the seed in the rapid rooters. The roots are flourishing in the net baskets, none of popped through the baskets yet but pulled the hydroton to the side and looked a few days ago. The girls seem small and are showing signs of over watering and nitrogen deficiencies. Any ideas what's causing this? Never had these issues outdoors. The yellowing just started a few days ago on my Med Gom 1.0, but i boosted the nutes up to 200ppm yesterday from 100 and the tips are going green again, and the drooping is only on the Red Poisons.

And yes....I know people hate pics posted with lights on ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 19

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I would of let the seedling get a root system before putting it into a dwc.if u did that did you damage them at all or is the seedling getting any water? And make sure no nutes and the ph is on point. Next time I would let it get a set of leaves or two before putting it in the system

D9apothecaries

Should have stated it in the beginning.....

I germinated under a dome until the second set of leaves started to develop and the roots were insane! The bottoms of the rapid rooters were covered in at least 2 dozen roots about an inch long before I dropped em in.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Is any water up to the root level in the bucket so those roots get wet? And is your temps good / ph?

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
okay heres what i got for you.i had 5 grape krush 1 of them didnt grow was more like a mute i thought.it all. started yellowing. It had roots for 1.5 inch rockwool cubes coming out the bottom.i had it in the dwc and it yellowed up and grew like shit.i took the cup out the dwc and let it set for 2 days now the leaves are sticking up.it has color now.it was a over watering issiue.how can i have over watering in a dwc the root system wasnt bigg eneout to handle the dwc.thats 1 ..another time my leaves started yellowing up were the freakin plant looked blueish was somthing got in my water and silicone was in it melted or not fully dry the plant did a lock out.she didnt drink anything she was smart lol. I fixed it and she went back to normal.the way i see it u have a few things u can do .change the water make sure ppm and ph are on point. Or let her set and get out of the water. But make sure she has moisture not soaked at all times and watch her.I hope this helps u need to fix this before u loose her.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
Take the ph to a 5.5 they most likly go up for me.and u nvr told me the ppm.i would feed nothing untill she about the size to top her.and if i do feed i use only like rapid start. Or a 2.5 across the board NPK 2.5 2.5 2.5 per gallon of GH .just untill they are a little bigger.....dude in that pic that seedling looks small.i cant really tell but im guess what i said was on the money.that small of a plant she is drowning or u got pest issue...

D9apothecaries

I just pulled me out of the bucket and I'll top water her and maybe just run a light mix of senizyme. Just so she has the beneficial micro nutes.

Thanks for the input!