What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neem oil?

S

sativaking

Anybody have any better ideas one what to use for Organic pest control.

Neem and essential oils is all you need. Go to my posts, and look at "photosynthesis recipe leak 2015", and you can check out all of my recipes.

Essential oils are your friend.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
gonna be experimenting with SST as pest control.

bathing pests in chitinases sounds like it would be effective to me!

afaik there are some enzyme products on the market that presumably work this way, but i only just heard about them and have no personal experience with them.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
also have used lavender FPE, and i've heard success stories using certain herbal botanical teas, including lavender, cilantro, mint, thyme, garlic, and hot pepper.

another one would be beneficial insects. check out the biological controls sticky in this forum. definitely recommend the link to seafour's thread you'll find in the sticky.

S

sativaking

Ive heard that hot spices do work....but wouldn't it kill ur throat if u were to toke it?

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i try not to spray anything on the flowers.

i generally stop all foliar at the end of stretch at the very latest.

keep up on foliar during veg and the benefits will extend to the flowering cycle.

Scrappy4

Veteran
i try not to spray anything on the flowers.

i generally stop all foliar at the end of stretch at the very latest.

keep up on foliar during veg and the benefits will extend to the flowering cycle.

I don't like to either, but a lavender flower tea does not affect buds, or hairs or leave a taste of lavender. It does a fair job on mites, just not fast or a complete kill. I havn't used cilantro, but I think it would work about the same.

It's worth noting too, the best defense is a strong healthy plant, in good compost. It's those sick looking stressed plants that are mite magnets.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
I don't like to either, but a lavender flower tea does not affect buds, or hairs or leave a taste of lavender. It does a fair job on mites, just not fast or a complete kill. I havn't used cilantro, but I think it would work about the same.

It's worth noting too, the best defense is a strong healthy plant, in good compost. It's those sick looking stressed plants that are mite magnets.

word. you gotta do what you gotta do, and some herbal tea is, imo, a preferable alternative to the more toxic miticides on the store shelves.

i've been in a mid flower mite situation in the past and also decided to go with a lavender treatment. i used FPE at the time, but the botanical tea makes just as much (or, arguably more) sense.

i just didn't want to be spraying neem or essential oils if i could help it.

the teas are water soluble so worst comes to worse you give the flowers a quick shower and you've saved the harvest with minimal compromise.

i guess i should qualify that it's not a one and done situation, so you will be disappointed if you treat it like that. ime lavender works best as a preventative, but can still help if you catch the infestation early before it has become well established.

then it's an every three day regimen for at least a couple weeks.

if you wanna get real cool do another linalool heavy botanical in between the lavender applications. cilantro is a good one, and pretty cheap to buy fresh.

Scrappy4

Veteran

waveguide

Veteran
nah - phytooestrogens conflict for women. she should eat fenugreek seed (prolactin) for big bangbangs. tastes like maple syrup hahahaha?

neem or whatever's in it is systemic, apply as able. but i foliar up to say three weeks, don't notice it.

S

sativaking

neem is systemic....huh..i wonder if there has been any tests done on negative side effects....some dick head grow store owner told me it causes brain tumours but i highly doubt he's right. Cuz i can't find any info anywhere saying thats true...i think he was trying to sell his pesticides.

S

sativaking

Thanks scrappy! lets start documenting for future generations to use!

neem is systemic....huh..i wonder if there has been any tests done on negative side effects....some dick head grow store owner told me it causes brain tumours but i highly doubt he's right. Cuz i can't find any info anywhere saying thats true...i think he was trying to sell his pesticides.

Firstly, you have to have a PHD to work at a grow store. :)

Secondly, Most people outside of India don't realize that they use it in shampoo, lotion, supplements, and whatever else you can squeeze it into.

I had a friend tell me the Cancer bullshit as well. This person runs a large warehouse. So I promptly sent over the top 50 cancer rates. India wasn't even on the list. Surprise, Surprise mofo's.

People need to stop saying stupid shit. When everyone has the answer to almost every question in the world in their pocket(smartphones, not dicks :) ) how does so much bullshit still get spread? It's god damn amazing to me.

Heres the list
http://www.wcrf.org/int/cancer-facts-figures/data-cancer-frequency-country

Go to an Indian grocery store, and see what different types of neem products they carry.

I did here that if you use neem while pregnant your baby will come out Republican. I haven't found any data to back this up though. :)

S

sativaking

Hahah if only it was mandatory you needed a PHD to run at a grow store....you should meet this guy. Hey Photo just off topic a bit...Since your in Denver do you know if Charlottes web is available for purchase in seed form anywhere. I know the Stanleys developed it but other countries are in desperate need of its benefits now.

Latest posts

Latest posts