What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need help picking the right males to collect pollen from.

Bigbruce

I have a mixed bag of seeds from a trip to Jamaica. My favorite pheno is from a purple Sativa hybrid, my question is, if the females turned purple when budding will the males as well, I have to sprout a bunch looking for the needle in a haystack so I want to make sure I am pulling the right genetics to collect pollen from.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I have a mixed bag of seeds from a trip to Jamaica. My favorite pheno is from a purple Sativa hybrid, my question is, if the females turned purple when budding will the males as well, I have to sprout a bunch looking for the needle in a haystack so I want to make sure I am pulling the right genetics to collect pollen from.
You will probably get a mix. Some might, some might not.
Only one way to find out.

Bigbruce

Thanks!

Here's a pic of the pheno up close at the end of the season!

Attachments

• 20180916_182350.jpg
    20180916_182350.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 16

clearheaded

ya just have to grow and make the call when u see it. if male is crappy in all other ways but has purple flowers would u select it? prob wise not to. if find a good male that turns purp great, if not use one that has the smell or structure ur after(best u can extrapolate). grow out the children, select from those and u will have better odds for purple male with similar traits to ur keeper mom and will become more stable trait.

keep us posted!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Go after vigor, trichome coverage and smell. At least that's what I am using to decide..
Or just cut down the worst ones till you only left with 1, or 2, or 3, and decide from those then, or use them all.

Latest posts

Latest posts