What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kevin Jodrey's skunk project

Bud Jones

The RK Skunk comes from Afghani seeds. I was given seeds in 1979 in Humboldt, Brannen Mt. The neighbor who gave them to me said a friend(BOEL) went to Afghanistan and brought them back. They were called Kush, no skunk name, I still have seeds, but they will not sprout any more. They had almost round leaflets grew short 4-6' it was the first indica I ever grew, before that it was all sativas. The buds were hard and very greasy, smell was Road Kill all the way. When you smoked them it was like you were toking on a big pipe full of Black Afghani Hash, I used to think why did they bother making hash out of it when the flowers tasted to fukin good. I'd open a jar on one end of the house and my old lady upstairs on the other end would yell "I smell a skunk!"
Kevin Jodry is lookin in the wrong place if he's looking at plants like the one in that vid. with the narrow leaves. And this was in Central Humboldt, Willow Creek.

Shitty old picture of a picture of Kush 1979
View Image
It seems to not just Be a west coast thing .. I’m not doubting you had some RKS than .. It was also in my area of Pa .. Not in the 70’s tho . Bikers had it in my area form 89 until about 1998 . It was definitely an Afghani hybrid . When we were teens we had to hide it outside or we’d get busted by our parents .. I recently made a fb post to some of the old crew to shake the tree and see if anyone possibly has cuts or seeds ..

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Northern Afghan landrace Humboldt 1970s

Attachments

• Northern Afghan landrace Humboldt 1970s.jpg
    Northern Afghan landrace Humboldt 1970s.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 27

G13Fan

Wow there are some serious haters on this site. Vicious venom spitting for no reason at all. How DARE this man want to get paid for his work?!?! It's suppose to be FREE for you!! All big company's in small industry's are NOT suppose to make any money just give it all away for free because "the community" I know how haters are and the majority of them turn out to be competition. I like what KJ is doing and now I see all the haters telling me not to, now I WILL buy from KJ . Thanks for the refferal to buy I had good success with products that similar cannabis site's demon haters hate on as well. You go KJ good fame bad fame it's all fame and well take it.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I saw Kevin's YouTube video on him working with an old Sk line he was gifted now like most canna related topics it all seams to end in a shit fight.
We saw Sk here 79 or 80 not all Sk was the same you had a lite Green orange hair sweet tasting Sk to what we Called Blue Sk that was heavy Afghan like line to a red hair Sk as it was called .All stunk small bud in a zip bag in your pocket would have every one you walk close to turn and steer at you.Some of the Sk was good but some were real strong.

One thing no one seams to bring up about SK is if its grown indoors it yields low 3 to 4 oz cured max a plant.Yet the same plant Clone if grow ow door grows like a jungle sativa were indoors it grows like a squat indica with chunky fist size buds.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
im not here to attack kevin i just wanna see skunk make a comeback

A lot of the old genetics are still around many dont want to share because its not legal were people are. People also dont want to see genetics they have grown and protected for decades end up in the hands of the corporate cannabis industry and then them placing Intellectual property rights on there genetics..

B

Benny106

A lot of the old genetics are still around many dont want to share because its not legal were people are. People also dont want to see genetics they have grown and protected for decades end up in the hands of the corporate cannabis industry and then them placing Intellectual property rights on there genetics..

:yeahthats

TrainingHay

Bump.

Really sucks that all the big time California Cannabis breeders circa 2005 had to get rid of stinky 2005 era weed because it had only been legal to grow since '96.

Or... Wait anyone else confused?

Seems like legalization coincides with a decline in loud cannabis. So Kevin Jodrey is obviously a lying sack of shit.

Has he switched back to bro breeder/medicinal warrior angle yet or completely abandoned that charade for the dope smuggla nostalgia culture bullshit? Dancing with some scary brown millenials in Pakistan wearing their grandpa's bed sheets like the feminine clown act you are.

Good thing Kevin isn't a racist idiot pandering piece of shit. It's really the attitudes that matter when it comes to natural medicine.