What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

King kahn

Germed 5 seeds, all five shot root and broke soil within 5-6 days of initial soak. Guna be searching for at least one male to pollinate the girls I will be planting outdoors this year!!!

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Seems it has more in common with Nicaraguan.

picture.php

Now I'm super curious about Roatan's version. The "Trash" on Rotan is the best smoke I've ever had.

King kahn

BobMarley99 the guatemala has been out for many years, i have some but have not popped, Maybe ill do the outdoor this year. The honduras is 2nd gen pure landrace so probally not too worked. im looking for variety so fine with me.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi yesum,

Thanks for getting back to us with an Honduras' smoke report. :)
Glad you find the bright and uplifting effects we comment in her strain description, this sativa is without any doubt a blast from the past, when the american sativas had no trace of indica genetics.

Smoked a couple hits of my plant. Got that brightening effect with some positive feelings like the old Mexican lines would provide.

Potency is fine. Taste I guess average. Revegging the plant. Puts a glow on the world effect. Took mine down with no amber resin and lots of white pistils.

Blast from the past for sure. Thanks dubi and Honduras.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi willydread,

Congrats on your Honduras' harvest ;) Really happy you have had the chance to experience the beautiful purple Honduras pheno, which in my opinion is the best Honduras pheno, the most beautiful one with higher terpene and cannabioid content too. Geranium aromas are quite common in this strain although the purple phenos also have a intriguing dark floral aroma.

Looking forward to know your opinion about your Honduras after drying and curing process and how does she compare with the Purple Haze x Thai. Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

The harvest time has arrived, it was a strange year, the plants have passed storms, mites, caterpillars, and recently even fog and frost...
I got two pheno, one green, with slightly wider leaves, totally pollinated, and one violet, beautiful, with elegantly narrow leaves, very vigorous and productive,both had a unique fragrance of geranium, which has recently evolved into an equally singular aroma of ....... well I could not describe it, remember a sausage, mortadella, I could not describe it in English ....
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent news King kahn ;)

Please keep us updated with your progresses with them. Thanks!

Germed 5 seeds, all five shot root and broke soil within 5-6 days of initial soak. Guna be searching for at least one male to pollinate the girls I will be planting outdoors this year!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BobMarley99,

Honduras has only been worked one generation until P2 generation. We just discarded all the hermie plants from original P1 seeds during the breeding process, understanding the different phenos that the strain can produce and selecting for the best non hermie plants of each pheno to produce the released P2 generation and Breeders Pack.

Pure Guatemalan was worked a bit further until P3 generation although the best Guatemalan traits were refined in Tikal hybrid, which is 75 % Guatemala sativa. Pure Guatemala is currently discontinued as we had to spend last years lots of time and resources in newer unexplored landraces that we have released lately like the lebanese, honduras, ethiopian or japanese.

We only sent a Nicaragua seed via Sam Skunkman to Phylos to perform her a genetic analisys for the initial landrace search Phylos did.

The rest of the Nicaragua seeds remain unexplored yet. The seeds came from the same source than Guatemala and Honduras so i expect to find interesting and unpolluted sativa genetics in the Nicaraguan too, hopefully they will still germinate well like the Honduras did in 2015 because the seeds are very old, almost 15 years old.

Is this variety more worked than the Guatemala?

Where can I get some of that Nicaraguan?

Last edited:
Thanks for the background info dubi.

I hope you can germinate those roughly 15 year old seeds soon! I'm praying for a good germination ratio ;)

Kush_Kloud

Hi Dubi when will you have to time to grow, select, and reproduce your Nicaragua landrace seeds? I am very interested to see how that cultivar looks and smokes compared to the Guatemalan Quelizita and Honduras cultivars. I hope that maybe this year or 2020 you'll be able to get started on that project.

KK

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Looking forward to know your opinion about your Honduras after drying and curing process and how does she compare with the Purple Haze x Thai. Thanks a lot for your feedback! :)

Ola, After a month of cure I tasted the Honduras, dominant taste of leather, with an aftertaste of spice mix, I would say the effect is strong and warm, positive, the high remember in some things Panama, ....
The green pheno is full of seeds,any judgment on flavor and effect would be influenced by this ....

(little off topic about oldtimer haze x thai f2, It is certainly dominated by purple haze, both as flowering times (beginning of January) and aromas and effects, very similar to Honduras, a little 'more electric, if it were not for the clean aroma of incense, you might think that is the same thing, maybe they are the Colombian genes...
I can say with certainty that this specific specimen has more points in common with Honduras (purple pheno) than with green haze x thai... Ok, stop off topic...
Congratulation for this excellent sativa, another Gems in a cannabis world...
PS If there will be no unexpected work, we will see you at spannabis! Fingers crossed....
Bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Certainly, both Purple Haze (and its dominant hybrids) and the purple Honduras pheno produce a very similar 'old school' purple Colombian sativa pheno. Terpenes in Purple Haze hybrids (like Panama Haze) are much more complex than pure Honduras (which has rawer terpenes in pure form), but the untrained eye or the grower not familiarized with both lines can easily confuse them, but the genetic analyses performed by Phylos to both strains (Purple Haze 23 and Honduras) confirmed that they are not showing any evident genetic relationship, so although both lines can produce similar phenotypes, they have been isolated from each other enough time to don't be closely related genetically.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Certainly, both Purple Haze (and its dominant hybrids) and the purple Honduras pheno produce a very similar 'old school' purple Colombian sativa pheno. Terpenes in Purple Haze hybrids (like Panama Haze) are much more complex than pure Honduras (which has rawer terpenes in pure form), but the untrained eye or the grower not familiarized with both lines can easily confuse them, but the genetic analyses performed by Phylos to both strains (Purple Haze 23 and Honduras) confirmed that they are not showing any evident genetic relationship, so although both lines can produce similar phenotypes, they have been isolated from each other enough time to don't be closely related genetically.

Surely, I was talking about similarity in effects, (although purple haze is slightly more electric), of course I know that they are 2 distinct lines...
Anyway,also this time I have to say thank you, to you and all the guys at ACE, an excellent job!
PS Unfortunately I can not say anything about the green phenotype, it is too full of seeds (on the other hand I have a lot of f2, and a bit of crosses with oldtimer haze x thai !!!)