What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with consuming/converting Green Dragon

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thinking water cure, then dry, then soak for a few hours.... would a nice vodka 80 proof work? 40 percent... meaning to try this for a while....

Did you ever get around to trying this? 80 proof vodka would work, but you'll get better results with something like Everclear. Everclear 190 is easy to get online if you live in the US.

This is an interesting subject that i will explore further. Thanks! man there are some creative fuckers out there!

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Did you ever get around to trying this? 80 proof vodka would work, but you'll get better results with something like Everclear. Everclear 190 is easy to get online if you live in the US.

80 proof is 40% alcohol (in the US, EU has a slightly different system)

You want to use the strongest possible drinkable alcohol to extract, then dilute to taste/sanity. In Spain and Italy you simply ask for the alcohol for making limoncello, the process is essentially identical for green dragon.

Another friend who is an expert on Cannabinoid receptors told me that the body absorbs cannabis in Alcohol differently to smoking or eating, IIRC the Liver converts it into Δ5-tetrahydrocannabinol not Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (or something broadly similar) and this affects the results, for better or worse we don't yet know.

Everclear is what o use. For every 7 grams you use 6 oz of Loquid and when you boil it down it makes 2oz at 2.3mg per fl oz of thc. 5ml will get you flying oh so high for like 2-3 hours

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
water cure the weed till water runs clear then make whatever you want...yeehaw.. too late now tho...man up and just do it...been there done that...yeehaw... I water cure for butter and anything I will ingest..

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've switched to using 99% isopropanol for the initial extraction step in my tinctures. Extract hash oil with 99% isopropanol, evaporate, add Everclear 190 and evaporate again to purge, then redissolve in Everclear for the final tincture. I make each batch strong enough to measure the dose by counting the drops. This Mystic Gem tincture I'm having tonight gets me decently high with 5 drops. If I have 10 drops I'm pretty much going to sleep in the next hour.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
water cure buds before making the dragon.!!!!!!... bloody mary extra hot will cover the bad taste...yeehaw

panick503

Heh I remember a friend made some this stuff a few years ago. We would take shots of it. One guy who wasnt a smoker took one and spent the next 5 hours falling in his face til he finally passed out. Man up OP...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

Concentrated tinctures made from hash oil and Everclear 190 are the way to go. :) One of these little bottles could get me high for a week straight. They taste great too. I posted detailed instructions in a different thread, I forget exactly where.

Lyfespan

started making rso, got so far as soaked the nugs in 190 for months, strained off and jarred kept in refrigerator since. smells like yeagermeister mixed with nyquil.

Dragon has become my favorite...I make it with an infuser which is a hot pot with a blender..heats to 160f and spins the blender every 15 mins..4 cups everclear,2 z good trim..
4 hours later I filter it thru coffee filters... but it tastes BAD..I figure most of the bad is from the unfiltered weed in the alcohol..
I am thinking about getting a home brew filter and removing more of the green bits..anyone try this? Did it help? Thanks