What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A question on THC TINCTURES.

I've did some reading and most people think you need the highest proof alcohol you can get. (In my case that would be a 151 proof rum.) I myself prefer whisky and I don't really care for any over a 100 proof. Will this still work as long as I let it set for two months? Should I go longer since it's a lower proof?

Amber Trich

Tincture is ingested in the form of drops or droppers(30drops) so I dont think you should be as concerned with liking to drink the alcohol you chose.

I would definitely go with the strongest available alcohol.

Ive never made a cannabis tincture, but have made many regular herb tinctures.
From that I have seen that the longer you let a tincture set the more you are extracting, and at some point you start extracting undesirables too.

I would think it best to quickly and efficiently get as much of the good stuff as possible and get out before extracting to much chlorophyll and stuff.

I dont know the best way to preceed, but youve peaked my interest on the topic so thank you for posting.

I love herbal tinctures, now Im going to go read about cannabis tinctures!

Amber Trich

i saw someone in another thread say that they checked for glands under the microscope after extracted into 100 proof... I guess there were a lot left over.

G

grasspass

use the strongest alcohol. I use 195 proof clear springs. You aren't going to like the taste anyway. Don't wreck your whiskey. Have your sipping whiskey after to get rid of tincture taste.

Piel

Veteran
Tincture tastes bad BUT added to half a glass of OJ it starts to taste like grapefruit juice.

Love the stuff, great for my ostearthritic pain.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
yeah i didnt like the 151 tinctures taste either, but dont expect the rye to taste much better.
EverClear is what you need to ask at the liquor store for, highest % alcohol available here.
then just add a few drops to your drink or under the tongue, poof its done, now wait...

Amber Trich

how can you get everclear though? they dont sell it in my state. can you get it online or just get a permit? what states sell everclear?

G

grasspass

Oregon allows the sale of everclear. I buy clear springs , its a little less money. It's 190 proof , not 195 like I posted earlier.

Piel

Veteran
CS: My experience so far is that the buzz is mild when used in moderation -depending on the bud of course. I think that just a little too much might be pretty trippy though.

treefarm

So, after reading your post, what have you come up with?
I too am wanting to give this a go. thanks for the post. Michael

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I'll have to do some searching but so far I've only seen 151 rum here in florida.

Yes, Florida doesn't allow the sale of the 190 stuff... but if memory serves, everyone in the state of Florida has at least one family member who makes moonshine of some sort, and that stuff tends to be upwards of 190 proof. I'd start asking around for some.

Latest posts

Latest posts