What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
my older brother turned me on to my first joint in 1963 Saugus California

he passed away three years ago this week

RIP Tony

IMG_4404.jpeg

1972. A friend's dad was in the military and his family had to move to Panama in 1970. Upon his return, two years later he brought a baggie back. Boones Farm wine now had a new friend!

Lebanizer

I know people that said flower gets them paranoid and hash doesn’t. Back in the 70’s I thought that hash was more of a body buzz and flowers were more mental. They came from 2 different import regions.
Hash usually contains CBD while flowers don't and CBD is said to be good against anxiety and paranoia, so this makes a lot of sense.

CharlesU Farley

From the about section of my website:

"I was born in the same state as Owsley Stanley, went to the same junior high and high school as Hunter S. Thompson, and I'm a Fugitive From Injustice. I first used cannabis in 1967 with some neighborhood kids while listening to a new album called Surrealistic Pillow. I felt a calm, warming sense of peace and happiness wash over me. I remember all my friends had the same smile on their face I did. I felt so happy. This was the beginning of my association with cannabis."

Not quite as good or succinct as "...growing up, I always wanted to be a gangster...," but I'm a blow hard Boomer and not Martin Scorsese and Nick Pileggi.:ROFLMAO: