What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gonzo #1 & Strawberry D.

exactlywatt

Hey yall! I've been posting some pics in Rez's forum for a bit and decided to actually start a Grow thread here.

On with the show...

Here are my Gonzo #1 and Strawberry Diesel ladies. These pics are from 14 days into flower and the calyxes are just starting to fly!!

The StrawberryD's

and the Gonzo's

They are under 600 watts and are growing in a 3/4 coir, 1/4 foxfarm soil(red bag) mix, that has alot of peralite added as well. I'm feeding with GN Flora Nova Bloom. The StD gets 2.5ml per gallon, The Gonzos are getting 5ml. I was also using some Kelp through veg, and occasionally I use a tiny bit of Floralicious Plus(i got a free bottle with my T5 fixture). I'm using the Flora Nova Bloom through veg and flower, it follows the Lucas formula perfectly!

I'm pretty sure I have 2 different phenos of the StD. The one not pictured is kinda a runt due to user error and dumb luck.
A cricket did this when she was only 2 weeks old:

So, now I know that you can top a seedling and it WILL survive!

And then a fan fell on her and broke off one side the day I took the flower pics! So obviously I cloned the broken stalk, and here it is:

This plant is as easy to clone as the Gonzo is. I simply stick the cut into a small container of water, put them under 15watts of light, and change the water every 3 days or so. They are ready to plant in 2 weeks. Easy as pie...

The Gonzo's are clones(my first batch), I ran the seeds last summer. This pheno grows very sativa like, which comes from the Sk1 genes she's got. I had to cut the original plant down 15 days too early due to a lease issue, I was only planning on a 60 day cycle and this lady wants several more. I can't wait to see what this plant will do with those last 10 days! Even when I cut that early she was very lemony! (Baffledmonkey finished his run a little while ago and I got a preview that had me drooling:smile:)

I'll have some new pics up in a day or 2; they are 22 days into flower and the bud sites are really starting to get going! And I think the Gonzo's are about done stretching. They are over 5 feet tall now! I vegged them for a LONG time(I was waiting for the Strawberry seedlings to catch up). These are certainly the biggest I've grown in a closet. Too bad I don't have another 1000 watts! :smile:

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
very nice...your thread should be a good hit.....most people will be interested in seeing your strawberry d's but i'm here to keep on eye on that gonzo...good luck...peace

exactlywatt

It's day 23 and things are starting to get interesting yall!

Here are the Gonzo bushes:

They are already starting to get that nice sativa fruity skunk smell! Does anybody else think they resemble the M39 mama just a bit? :smile:

And now for the Strawberry D's.

pheno 1:

She is already starting to get frosty!

pheno 2:

This one is much more sativa looking, and the leaves are a little bit lighter shade of green. She won't be a runt for too much longer, the buds are coming in nicely now, and it seems like she has recovered from all the trauma.

That's all the pics for now, I'll post some more in couple weeks when the colas start to fill in.

Last edited:

exactlywatt

Time2Unite- thanks for dropping by, if all goes well then the Gonoz's will be
looking real nice in a month or so!:smile:

exactlywatt

I got bored and took some pics of my seed packs, the proofs in the pudding as they say :smile:

I put some of the QuickMistDiesel and all of the OG Kush Bx1 F2's
(thanks JLP!) into water today. :smile:

Nice grow!!! Your ladies are looking nice and healthy!! I plan on starting my Gonzo run in January, I just popped those and some Princess Diesel beans, I can't wait!! Keep the up the good work!!

:lurk:

G

exactlywatt said:
I got bored and took some pics of my seed packs, the proofs in the pudding as they say :smile:

I put some of the QuickMistDiesel and all of the OG Kush Bx1 F2's
(thanks JLP!) into water today. :smile:

exactly watt .... how the hell did u get a 12 pack of strawberry diesel?? mine is only a 10 pack :joint:

exactlywatt

Hu$tle Tree$-thanks for the compliments! Best of luck to you on the beans, I think I'm gonna regret not picking up the Princess Diesel. So many choices though, And the Quickmists were a little cheaper...

parest400- Umphrey had it right. The original release was about a year ago, it took a whole day before they sold out; this last round was RIDICULOUS!

Last edited:

exactlywatt

It's day 34 of flower and things are looking good! They are starting to bulk up, I'm gonna have to get some stakes soon...

The Gonzo's:

They are smelling very fruity, just like Skunk #1.

Strawberry D:

look at all those trichs already!

G

looking good man, i oinly just recently tried coir, seems to be working well and pretty cheap too.
was starting to wonder if it was a good decision or not, when buying it i couldnt remrmber seeing any growers using it, though i rarely embark out of the hydro forum lol.
ill sleep a lil better now seeing some others having sucess with it.!

as i said looking great man!

keep em green!

exactlywatt

Eulogy- yeah, in my limited use of the coir is seems to work with no problem. With the
exception of these new Gonzo's I've always mixed it with some nice soil. But when I
was repotting the Gonzo's I couldn't find my perilite so I just used nearly straight coir.
I'm growing these using info from Lucas that is well known in your forum:smile:
Thanks for the compliments!

exactlywatt

Well it's day 50 and I'm starting to get antsy!

Here are the Gonzo #1's:

They are extremely fruity smelling and very sticky, my arms were so sticky after I took these pics!
I'm still feeding these as they should have around 20 days left.

Here is Strawberry Diesel pheno 1:

I am flushing this plant and hope to cut in 7 to 10 days. This pheno has a very interesting smell.
It definitly has a strawberry odor, but is also kinda smells like a rose bush. It's not very sweet smelling but very fragrant!

Strawberry Diesel pheno 2:

This one is starting to smell a little more like diesel than the other... It's also gonna take several more days to finish than pheno 1 is.

Last edited:
G

looking awesome!

was just wondering wehat PH range your using?

having a phew Def's starting with mine.

cheers i set mine to 6 ish.

keep em green!

exactlywatt

Eulogy- The Flora Nova seems to always balance out right around a 6 pH when I add it to my tap water.
My city water is around 9.5 pH, but the mineral content isn't too bad, so I'm not using a R.O. filter.

exactlywatt

Here is Strawberry Diesel pheno #1 at 8 weeks.

This plant smells like a strawberry rose bush! The buds are drying and I can't wait to write a smoke report!

The Gonzo's are being flushed and have another 10 days till harvest...

exactlywatt

Hey yall, goodmorning...

Last night I cut the Gonzo's down at 72 days. Sorry no pics, didn't have time after all the work.

As I posted somewhere before, I had a timer malfunction at 53 days in that lasted 3 days. When i found that out,
I cut the Stawberry as you see above, no problems there. She was ready, and I only found two tiny bananas on the whole plant.

But the Gonzo's had time to grow some more leaf structure, so I had a fair bit of trimming to do. I'll tell yall what, the buds got huge!
And I didn't find any PM or any bananas either! That's hallmark of Gonzo #1's lineage, this plant would be excellent for commercial use.
And after I finished cleaning the buds up they looked really nice!
I'll take some dried shots in a few weeks...

And they smelled absolutely wonderful! You could smell the heavy fruity aroma outside the front door of the house as I was trimming,
and I could also smell it on my hands as I slept last night. :smile:

And here's another benifit of all the trimming:
Cannon Balls!