What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

carb injections to increase yeilds and oils

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's not cannabis flavors/aromas. IF cannabis processes all of it into "cannabis," and does so without adding molasses or syrup flavor, this would be very interesting.

Definitely not something to do right before harvest. ;)

Thanks for posting.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I subbed! I wanna see what folks have to say on the subject. From what I gather plants can't process "raw sugars" e.g they need to be mixed in the soil to nurture a proper environment for plant uptake. Kind of reminds me of body builder pumping olive oil in their muscles to bulk up. <--- Not a good thing!

J

jaded1

What does it do to the smokability of the buds?Sounds like it would make the buds have excess sugars in and make buds very harsh.Esecially if adding molasses,i won't put that anywhere near my plants for at least 4 weeks before harvest.Would prob be good for making hash though if increases size and oil content.

clearheaded

ya def dont want sugar at harvest, harsh!!

but without giving to much away and getting kids injecting plants with god knows what and prob pure nutes mix. 4 ports around each plant half way up. keep roots only slightly moist. I see it being popular for a small time as "matrinjex bud". looks cool with tubes hooked to plants ;)

anyhoo here is one shows 30% increase in kernels that are 50% bigger!! serious stuff. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1439-037X.1997.tb00352.x

this opens up some potentially interesting doors. besides the serious boost in yeilds ;) just have to think of it like this. u have a sog plants but it thinkgs its a tree OD with giant leaves getting tonnes of sun.. ie higher photosynthetic rate>more sugars..there is a little secret tho to really get into plants "mind" so to speak..

switcher:plants use sugar to live, maple syrup is sap ie plant blood. sugars are not taken up through roots is what u have heard..

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
*SNIP
switcher:plants use sugar to live, maple syrup is sap ie plant blood. sugars are not taken up through roots is what u have heard..
I stated <<[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From what I gather plants can't process "raw sugars"[/FONT]>> hence they have to be broken down in the soil, creating a micro-organism environment so the plant can use the "molasses", "maple sugar" etc...

Is that info incorrect? If so please explain :) We were all here at some point in time. There is so much chaff mixed with the wheat, I simply want to make sure I have the correct info!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm thinking that if this were applicable to cannabis yields the 'professionals' would already know and be doing it: and> 'cat outta the bag' :bigeye:. Hoping it leads somewhere though..:tiphat:

clearheaded

I stated <<[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From what I gather plants can't process "raw sugars"[/FONT]>> hence they have to be broken down in the soil, creating a micro-organism environment so the plant can use the "molasses", "maple sugar" etc...

Is that info incorrect? If so please explain :) We were all here at some point in time. There is so much chaff mixed with the wheat, I simply want to make sure I have the correct info!

"injecting" bypasses roots my man... plants use sugars ie sap is sugar..

Douglas.Curtis

"injecting" bypasses roots my man... plants use sugars ie sap is sugar..
Plants "create" sap. They may use "some" of the sugars you inject, while the rest will remain within the plant.

Inject your plants all you like. My plants will only have cannabis created sugars in them.
:tiphat:

clearheaded

Plants "create" sap. They may use "some" of the sugars you inject, while the rest will remain within the plant.

Inject your plants all you like. My plants will only have cannabis created sugars in them.
:tiphat:

I dunno if u read the articles?? but both oak treas corn many soybeans all have been injected. the corn for example gained 50% more kernels then control and 30% larger kernels then control. indicating they use the sugar. like getting more light without adding more light.. also they used isotopes in oak to determine if infact the plant was using the injected sugars ;)

Drop That Sound

When I was 15 me and my buddy were always messing with our plants, back in highschool when cannabis was life lol. Anyways, we used one of his bro's insulin needles and injected pure "VF11 plant magic?" directly into the stock after topping a plant.

Then I hooked an almost dead 9 volt with alligator clips to the plant and left it for a few days. I remember joking and saying "its alive! it's aliiiive!" while mutilating the poor plant, and we agreed to name it frankenstein.

So a few days later, I shit you guys not.. instead of the stalk splitting into 2 branches, one side formed into a large round tumer. From that growth shot out over 30 new deformed looking branches, and it was the bushiest plant i've ever seen to this day, without massive amounts of training.

By the end of the season the tumor was the size of a softball and all of its branches ended up yeilding more than all 10 or so other plants did combined.

True story, beleive me or not!

So anyway, what if instead of say grafting, injecting, etc.. You performed some sort of sap transfusion with another plant?

clearheaded

ahh transfusion would likely cause more issues and not work aswell. idea is makig the plant think its got some mega sun and making some mega sugar to make mega buds and oils ;)

Douglas.Curtis

I dunno if u read the articles?? but both oak treas corn many soybeans all have been injected. the corn for example gained 50% more kernels then control and 30% larger kernels then control. indicating they use the sugar. like getting more light without adding more light.. also they used isotopes in oak to determine if infact the plant was using the injected sugars ;)
When you inject it in the plant it goes to all parts of the plant. Whatever is not used by the plant is not going to flush or fade out. Ever.

You want me to be excited about this? Find me a source of pure cannabis sugars and I'll be very interested. Anything else, as far as I'm concerned, is tainting the plant and not something I'm interested in.

I like my cannabis as pure as possible, because I use it 24/7/365 in large amounts. Even tiny contaminates are a bother at this level of use. :tiphat:

Drop That Sound

So you could technically tap into a large plant, and boil it down just like maple syrup, and pour it on your pan cakes? Hmmm :)

Drop That Sound

How about injections to cure root rot, vaccinate the plants against systemic infections, or recover from deficiencies quicker, etc?