What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Side by side grow. 630 CMH vs 1000HPS

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Thanks man.!

This is my first rodeo with cmh. But so far I would say get a 315 over a 600 HPS all day.. after seeing what these 630s do I would run a 315 for sure. I'm probably going to light up 3 315s along the walkway so i have some side lighting for the overhang..

I've been wondering the same thing. My mentor recently switched to non air cooled 315. His plants look so much healthier. But I have a small closet grow with an air-cooled 600. I wonder if the open 315 would run hotter than air-cooled 600.

Excellent experiment and thread!

DirtHater

I'd say about 23 inches at the moment.

Hopefully you don't, but you might see some light stress if you don't already. A rep from nanolux tells me the 630 cmh should have minimum 4 feet from fixture to canopy. Suck you can't switch out the hoods for the 120 degree angle hoods that come on the 1000w de and call for a 3' min.

I run all de on low ceilings, a couple being the 630 cmh, and I've definitely get some light stress on the GMO that always insist on stretching to the lights! Proper grow though man! Best of luck through the finishing days! :dance013:

issack

Veteran
Okay so we have 30 days flower.! Packing on the beef to say the least. Pineapple chunk always delivers the fire.! This is the best grow I've ever had in this room. And probably ever done really.

These cmh lights need to go up another foot at least. I can only go up another 9 or 10 inches until they are tight to the ceiling. But that won't be during this grow. I'm not into climbing over my canopy with a ladder and try and make a new hang system. It's too delicate in there for me to fall or fuck up.. I am getting slight light stress in the hot spot areas but it will be fine. I just wish I could get them up more for a better spread.

Hps side is monster. Beef cake plants that are packing it on.

30 days..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
damn you are going to have a room full of donkey dicks. Looking great brother.

The CMH side looks to be more unified in growth.

Americangrower

Veteran
Wow some serious colas in there brother. Looks like the 1000's are producing bigger buds but the cmh appear to be more solid by pics. At almost 1500w less the cmh seem to be performing very well. I wonder what running 4 cmh with 2 vertical 600 hps mixed in would do.

ReeferDan

I need a cut of this pineapple chunk!! Looks chunky! and if it has a pineapple nose or flavor id be in heaven!

Great grow issack keep it up!

conlarazon

Veteran
Hello friends of ICMag...

hello issack how are those flowers with 15 days ?, I hope you are still there ... I would like to see your harvest successfully ...

health over there

issack

Veteran
Okay sorry I've been lazy. Here is an update.
Had to bust out the thumb tack and twine to the ceiling trick . I got buds falling. Mostly on the hps side. Hps side is monster. Way more frost and trics on the cmh. The buds are gummy and sweet. More red hairs as well on the cmh side. I'm completely blown away and impressed with these 630s. I now know what I'm up against. And these puppies need to be high up there. Next grow I'm slamming them tight to the ceiling. It will he a better spread and I won't have the heat stress in the small areas directly under the lamps. They should be 3 to 4 feet from the canopy as mentioned before by another. I see this now. But still. Things are rocking house that's for sure. I'm interested to see come trim time and final weight.

Here they are. Pineapple chunk 50 days flower.! Beast mode. They are rocks. Some close to quart jar size on the GPS side. I'm blown away with this grow. Temps and humidity on lock is so crucial. It's been 78 with lights on. And lights off I have it at 72. Get some frost built up on them. Feeding every hour and a half with slight run off. I'm going to go 2 more weeks on this.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts