What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReeferDan's LED Garage

Sleezygeezy

That is one pretty setup with some damm pretty plants. Some1 on RUI told me about this thread. I just bought some Qb324's and wanted to see some1 growing with em. You are the only 1 I've come across so far. So for yours and my sake, I hope you kill it with those lights. From the looks of your plants, it looks like they're loving the spectrum. Good luck and I look forward to seeing more updates.

ReeferDan

That is one pretty setup with some damm pretty plants. Some1 on RUI told me about this thread. I just bought some Qb324's and wanted to see some1 growing with em. You are the only 1 I've come across so far. So for yours and my sake, I hope you kill it with those lights. From the looks of your plants, it looks like they're loving the spectrum. Good luck and I look forward to seeing more updates.

Right on sleezy! I’m due for a 3 week update... flowers are looking great.
Wish you best of luck with the 324’s you will have to pm me with a link if you get a diary going over there for me to follow and compare.
Pushed things a lil bit the last couple days and burn some of the upper fans. Upped the nutes and lowered the lights at same time so I’m not sure which did the damage but it’s not terrible I caught it and backed off both lol. Plants were pretty perfect and I tried to push it it happens lol!
Update with pics to flow probably tonight, todAy is day 23 looking great otherwise!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
How far above the canopy do you have your QBs?

With the HLG 550 (v1 & v2) I've found that around 22-24" above canopy is just amazing. I don't have a par meter but the growth is something to behold. I keep a 6" clip fan blowing directly over the top of the unit to move the heat and cool the driver. The heat control is almost too easy. The new Samsung 301B diodes are no joke.

-Funk

ReeferDan

How far above the canopy do you have your QBs?

With the HLG 550 (v1 & v2) I've found that around 22-24" above canopy is just amazing. I don't have a par meter but the growth is something to behold. I keep a 6" clip fan blowing directly over the top of the unit to move the heat and cool the driver. The heat control is almost too easy. The new Samsung 301B diodes are no joke.

-Funk

I was at about 29” during veg
Flower I agree 22-24” is the spot!

I lowered down too fast and had a clogged pump incident that light stressed/burnt some fan leaves right under the most intense spots.
I’m majorly due for an update that’s my bads I’ll get some pix up... 4.5weeks right now lookin good, for kush!

ReeferDan

OK folks, sorry for the long overdue update. Life has been a little more hectic than my norm the last 3-4 weeks and Im trying to stay on top of the important things.

We are currently at day 35-36 flower.
Around day 21 i messed up. Was stoned, reading PAR charts, had the lights about 24" above canopy all around, and was thinking what it would do at 18"... The plants looked great they were chugging along.
I didnt go and lower the lights slowly a couple inches a day, or anything that would have been smart to judge how they responded... just dropped the lights down 4-6" .
Couple that with a pump that clogged and a couple waterings missed, i went into the room and found the fans drooping a bit, checked the pump, lifted some plants they were light so i got things cleared, thought they were just low on water a bit.
Looked back in there before the lights turned off and saw that some of the leaves looked super burned, toasty.
Immediately raised the lights, and started my flush a bit early, since i wasnt exactly sure what happened, but i was trying to remedy it fast.

Here's what some of the leaves looked like, got a little worse after the first day i saw it but they are still fine, not getting any worse, little hiccup.

This was around day 28. I didnt feel like taking pix when it first happened because i was pissed at myself....
picture.php

picture.php

Here is some flower development around day 30. I can tell its light burn and not nute burn because the affected areas are those where light intensity is strongest. Some parts of the same plant are directly under light, or in a less intense spot (inbetween the two beds) and only under the intense part got that burn on the leaf.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ReeferDan

Currently were about day 35-36.
Just snapped some pics for the IC Fam.

Had another snafu on saturday. Went in the room first thing lights on, had a weird smell in there. Pump went to kick on to water and nothing came out. Looked at two plants front and center right in front of the oscilating fan and they were limp wilted. I thought i had lost them. Immediately top fed all plants until rockwook was saturated and within a few hours they were perking again.

I think the problem with this pump is the solids i get in the res when i run florolicious plus. Tried a test run with the resi last week and i didnt run FLP and although i had to stay on top of ph all week, there was no clogs and no solids floating around so i may nix it for the rest of the grow, keep the resi clean and stay away from clogs!

Anyways, here are day 35 update pics, canopy looks good, bud development coming along nicely for Kush, looks right on schedule to me, these should really get buff and do their final swelling last couple week so as long as they are still pushing white hairs im happy.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Do you notice the blower fan being warm.... Mine is a little different, but the metal on the intake gets hot to the touch, and I notice it actually adds heat to the room vs my oscilating fan.... Sucks because it can replenish my room with air easily, dont even have to aim it at the plants it would just cycle the room so evenly but.... I noticed a temp difference. I like the sound of the gust vs a oscilating\box fan too.

ReeferDan

Hey man just wanted you to see this thread over at RIU about the 324s screws and washer issues with these boards we have. You might have already used something better to assemble yours but figured you should know.

https://www.rollitup.org/t/qb324-warning.971751/

I think I was one of the first ones that brought this issue to their attention.
Had boards that would work with x ballast on y heatsink but then wouldn’t work on another, it drove me crazy my house looked like an electronics repair shop for a week lol.
Turns out the jig they used to drill the boards or the sink was off and the screws grounded out the boards.
Nylon washer inbetween the board and screw fixed the issue for me, HLG supplied them.
They said they were fixing the issue. Probably just with washers on everything already drilled, I hope they fixed alignment issues after that on any newer production.

ReeferDan

Do you notice the blower fan being warm.... Mine is a little different, but the metal on the intake gets hot to the touch, and I notice it actually adds heat to the room vs my oscilating fan.... Sucks because it can replenish my room with air easily, dont even have to aim it at the plants it would just cycle the room so evenly but.... I noticed a temp difference. I like the sound of the gust vs a oscilating\box fan too.

The blower above the AC?
No I wouldn’t say it’s any extra warm. Just really there to help circulate air between lights and canopy, and to help push the cool air from the ac across the room and mix up to keep the whole room a more even temp.

I even put one of my oscillating fans next to the discharge of the dehumidifier to push the hot dry air over to the other oscillating fan so it can mix that up as well... don’t want weird hot and cold pockets in the room so I try to get as much airflow moving around the room as possible without beating up the plants

ReeferDan

This plant was my “alternate” or extra that I didn’t kill, actually has some of the most “kushy” structure on the buds thus far... really love the buds 3-4 down from the top, they have always been my fav when growing kush sourd or chem4

picture.php

ReeferDan

Couple shots from day 43.
Plants falling over all over the place despite the double net... good problems. Hairs are starting to turn orange, but still pushing out new white ones as well.
Dropped the florolicious plus from the nute regime to try and avoid any further pump or clog issues.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I was looking at some 4' Agromax UVb t5s earlier... You might be interested in them too... Planning my lm561c LED build, the only thing they dont have is UV|IR, but IR isnt a big deal... UV is definitely important though especially for terps\Thcv.... They give off a good bit of blue too if you had 2700k LEDs and wanted a perfect filler light. I can't wait lol

Your shit is lookin DANK though, still my favorite setup\run I check in on. I can only imagine how crazy those are gonna look in 2 weeks. Id be trying my hardest not to mess around and sample some of those calyxs hahaha

ReeferDan

I was looking at some 4' Agromax UVb t5s earlier... You might be interested in them too... Planning my lm561c LED build, the only thing they dont have is UV|IR, but IR isnt a big deal... UV is definitely important though especially for terps\Thcv.... They give off a good bit of blue too if you had 2700k LEDs and wanted a perfect filler light. I can't wait lol

Your shit is lookin DANK though, still my favorite setup\run I check in on. I can only imagine how crazy those are gonna look in 2 weeks. Id be trying my hardest not to mess around and sample some of those calyxs hahaha

interesting! i havent done much reading into uv light. Dont you only run it a couple hours a day or there are adverse effects? These 324's are 2750K so that sounds about right.

Thanks, im happy with the progress (other than the light burn issue). I think this Kush is going to come out top notch. After the couple issues im looking at taking it 63-68days so another 3 weeks to go yet, we'll see tho, read the plant and see what she tells me. the next 2-3 week swell should be real. gonna back off the nutes a bit next week, add some kool bloom powder and go for at least a 10-14 day flush

Next grow should be even better too, learning from mistakes as we go, and having the setup even better dialed in, i already have some thoughts on how to improve next run :biggrin:

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I am on my first flower run with quantum boards. They have treated me real well in veg. Your set looks great and i bet it finished frosty. Good growing!

ReeferDan

Sorry folks, life got real busy after harvest.

Ended up getting 4.5 # out of the room. Will update some pics when I got a little time.
Haven’t re-started the room yet, fall/winter gets busy for me and I’m not able to focus on the room like I want, so I’m going to start back up and try to get 2 harvests in before next fall.