Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Florida Growers Thread: Reloaded-ed

Thread Title Search
Florida Growers Thread: Reloaded-ed Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2016, 01:29 AM #131
Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura about
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingGreen View Post
I got a couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help with:

1) My plants are currently showing light green at all the new growth. The lower older leaves are very nice and lush dark green, so that makes me think this is not a nitrogen deficiency since it's mobile and would start at the bottom, not the top. What normally causes this? I have not changed soil (Edit: Actually, there's a chance I might have used too much Dolomite Lime this round), nutes, etc. I did go from tapwater to RO water and I have not been adding any calmag when I do the plain waterings. I did go to a 1k light from a 600 and added AC and co2. Co2 is being kept at 1,000ppm.

2) Is it detrimental to the plants to be less than 18" under the hood of an air cooled 1k light with ambient canopy temperature of 67F? I'm not sure if you have to keep the plants away from the lights due to heat, or due to light bleaching or something? Please let me know. The leaves are a little canoed up, but not much at all. They are all praying happily as well pointing upwards.
1. From my experience, N is not as mobile as you would think, and from what I've personally seen, N def starts at the top, not the bottom... granted I haven't seen a N deficiency in years, rather too much, but I digress...
I have ALWAYS shied away from RO water... IMHO it's too much hassle to strip the water clean only to add stuff BACK to the water lol.. but that's just me.
First thing I would do though is check that ph, if your ph is sky high because of the Lime, you may risk knocking absorption of other nutes outta whack as well.

2. From personal experience, absolutely not. Only time my plants are ever further than 18" away from an HID is if I've lifted it up to harvest or some kinda maintenance or something lol. No seriously, I can't remember the last time I had my 1k's more than 18" away...it was usually 12-18 unless I was doing vert, then my 600's were like 8-12" away from colas.

67*F is rather cool to grow isn't it? I've always kept my rooms between 72-78*F... only lowered to 65-70"F the last week or so to induce purpling in certain strains...

Hope this helps... take my info with a grain of salt...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:31 AM #132
blue_tick

cheeba

nice score on the pines. looking good across the board on the flowers. i doubt highly anyone would not be happy with that

Old 08-27-2016, 01:31 AM #133
Asslover

Asslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of light
I myself had to unplug a light to bring the heat down. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Still looking respectable Morcheeba*

Old 08-27-2016, 01:31 AM #134
Mr. Miyagi

Mr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura aboutMr. Miyagi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcheeba* View Post
canopy shot a bit under developed due to a change in lights and 1/2 the watts, but my max temp is 79 f so im happy.

View Image

peace
lovely! what is WFA?

Old 08-27-2016, 01:36 AM #135
Asslover

Asslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of lightAsslover is a glorious beacon of light
N is definitely mobile and an N def would start at the bottom....
Canoeing leaves are indicative of heat stress. Without pics, and by your description, I'm gonna go with light bleaching...

Old 08-27-2016, 01:46 AM #136
P-NUT

P-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of lightP-NUT is a glorious beacon of light
Mr miyagi wfa is wifi alien from ograscal and the #6 is a cut passed around by a good friend of mine and is pure fire. Im happy to see alot of us have it in case I ever loose her. Very strong stuff some people get scared most just really high lol.
P-NUT is offline Quote

Old 08-27-2016, 01:49 AM #137
Morcheeba*

Morcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to beholdMorcheeba* is a splendid one to behold
thx for the kind words.

AL,

this heat def. sucks and before i went to led's my temps were close to 90. now my ac isnt running hard and im usually at 78f, sometimes lower w/ac on high. for the first time the p98 colored up a bit so im very happy.

Mr. Miyagi,

wi fi alien #6

im not sure who selected this cut but im glad i have it. she has some kick to her also.

flboy,

ill do an open pollenation and hope to go thru 100 or so seeds to make selections on keepers. ill do the same with Mountian Temple and Fruity Pebbles OG and i may have some Black Lime Reserve and BLR X Choc Trip seeds on the way.......if so, ill do the same with them.

peace
“In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.

[DEA Administrative Law Judge - 1988]”

Francis Young

Time to kill the spasms
Morcheeba* is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:37 AM #138
blue_tick

cheeba

you have me jealous over here man. the blr and the blr x chocolate trip have been on my hit list but i just was afraid to pull the trigger for obvious reasons. but being yours made it well need i say more LOL. i talk to the man about his more sativa lines he's working on and hoping to be in line for those

peace

Old 08-27-2016, 04:04 AM #139
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

bugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy View Post
cheeba

nice score on the pines. looking good across the board on the flowers. i doubt highly anyone would not be happy with that
i held off ording the pines & i missed them & a few others, but i have been looking to place a order soon.

Old 08-27-2016, 04:17 AM #140
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
5g#3 you said you dusted it...with what? what is 5g#3? lol, i retired for a couple years..and a lot has changed sine my return
it's what i call the cross bug made (gg4xgg4xtwog)
i dusted it with #4