What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

vta

Veteran
Hey thanks Krunch! I've used Clonex for years...what a wast of money!!

11 days on my Sour OG's !! Usually at this point they are just poking out and not ready to transplant....

picture.php

Z

Ziggaro

Man I wish I could get this rooting powder to work. ..

I've used the stuff twice and wasn't happy either time. I have a bottle of it but I recently went out and spend $20 on a gel since those have always worked well for me in the past.

Thanks for posting anyway!

OLDproLg

Veteran
Hey Krunch!

Are you using domes on those clone trays?
Been using this shit all my life practically...only get 100% if it very cool,below 70 degrees..
shit lasts for ever too!

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no need to get your panties in a bunch...was only trying to help and add a lil....didnt see any harm but I see your point and posts...stay kewl
FOE20

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I avr 5-8days on roots to show on new cuts...any cut...
Havn't looked thru the whole thread but thought it was interesting to have it rated as this helpful...Its more based on getting clones to root more than what works cause all it really takes is a cut, water and some light...and not allot of direct light helps but IME anyone can root in a cup of water...Most of what Im sayin Im sure is been said already...
Clean hands and tools help allot...don;t smoke around or when ya clone..
Gels are best for any medium but I would avoid using a Gel in a Aero cloner and pref Liquid dips for Aero..
Best Ive ever got was 4 days and that used simple wool and Botanicare's PowerClone liquid..and Ive used the same bottle for 2yrs now with least 98-100% and that 98% was more cause I either cause the wool was over wet or I dried them out..
Main thng to me is that Air-to-Water content in wool and that its pH'd low to start as Wool is very Alkaline to start...
I use 3-5drops of PowerClone/cup of water(50/50 Tap/RO) for a Clone soak as clones are transed to wool or coco or whatever...
Cuts are only soaked for a few mins then transed soon after and whats more important is a moisture dome for the first few days as transpiration is their food till Roots dev anyway...
Heres a few images of my process which is the same ole same ole...

Few important notes on wool...loosen the wool a bit to help air transfer...It will make a big difference and I use a fork as shown..
The water content of the wool to me works best at 60/40%Air/Wet..
I use a cup for moisture dome or a full lid but unless your room is very humid you really want some type of dome for first 2-5 days..
Other than that the type of Roots should matter as well and heres what that means..
Water Roots - for Aero/DWC
Air Roots - NFT/D2W/Perlite/wool
Soil Roots - soil/coco/mixed media
FOE20

Heres some of the ways to manage different methods as well....hope it adds something and enjoy
FOE20

This is not a class on YOUR methods on cloning....

This is a thread about a rooting powder....

petemoss

wow that looks great! I'll have to try excellurator too. But I thought you had to wait until roots show before using it. I'll try some on unrooted cuttings.

I went to my local home depot and could only find rooting hormone powder of a different brand - still has the indole-3 butyric acid, so I'm going to give it a shot and see if I can match results.

I found this stuff called Bontone Rooting Powder. It contains .10% indole-3 butyric acid - how does this compare to the stuff OP put up?

EDIT:
Found the MSDS for the Green Light Rooting Hormone here - seems to be the same concentration as the stuff I got, so I'll look forward to comparable results!

whatthe215

Veteran
wow that looks great! I'll have to try excellurator too. But I thought you had to wait until roots show before using it. I'll try some on unrooted cuttings.

Yeah but I just throw it in there so as soon as some roots are established it can start using it... I've tried it with and without excelurator and it's effect was really noticeable on my hard to root Green Crack cut. Normally takes me 2 weeks to root but was done in about a week too with it...

I'm done wasting my time with Clonex. I'm gonna trust someone that produces clones as part of their job over some dude at a hydro shop paid to push products... although who knows maybe Krunchbubble is gettin a huge kick down from GreenLight.. :biggrin:

A

apep

Hey thanks for the tip krunch! Ran out of olivias so thought Id give this a shot. 100% success rate, 24 outa 24. 17 rooted in 6 days the other 7 rooted in 7 days.

Just as good as olivias wich I have been using for ten years, this is the first I have tried something new.
Cant beat 6 bucks!

My method- cut, dip in water, roll in powder, stick in coco, then mist. I use a dome too.
So thanks again for the heads up.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Glad this is working great for you guys!!

So far only had one tray that didnt want to root(out of 30 trays?), im not sure what the problem was, figured i would just throw that out there...