What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

By Far THE BEST Rooting Gel, Dip, Powder I Have Ever Used!!

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Not to say what you’re doing is wrong, whatever works best for you is the goal but…the affects or actions of these hormones/auxins are pretty much immediate. You shouldn’t have to soak the cutting for 60 seconds. It would be interesting for a side by side, do a quick dip and a 60 second soak and see if there’s any difference.

Yep, did that...1 & 15 second dips, and then compared 30, 45, 60, 90 & 120 seconds--the best for cannabis was 60 seconds (able to transplant rooting cube in grow medium the soonest). The instructions that come with the liquid concentrate suggest soaking 1-5 minutes...I am thinking "woody" type cuttings will require the 5 minute soak--which I tried for some outdoor plants and no problem--it even helped some succulents I was dividing/transplanting.

https://hormex.com/products/liquid-concentrate/

I did observe this though, the fatter the stems were the ones that soaked longer (greater than 1 minute)--and produced greater root mass...but it did not do so good with the some "skinny minis".

Also, a nice additive for "maintenance" too. Root feeding at the rate of 2.5-5ml/gallon seems to kick things up a bit.

Betterhaff

Veteran
That’s interesting. I’ve always been told that absorption is immediate and not necessary to use in excess, kind of the less is more principle. Maybe the formulation of Hormex has some other things to it. Good you experimented, as I said before…whatever works the best for you.

By the way, that link didn’t work for me.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
Funny, that link worked for me...try "hormex.com" then.

Try a few side by sides, and the standard I used was time required to go from "root cube" to "cup". That is what I did and haven't looked back since.

Rondon

I know this was mentioned but I wanted to re-state it: more isn't better. Too much hormone inhibits rooting.

Yes it does. And adding root stimulator products (the expensive bottles - not intial stem dip IBA powders gels and liquids) before cuts actually strike and show initiation CAN inhibit and prolong the rooting process as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts