What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Systemic Miticide

BongToke

fuck I thought spinosad and serenade had the same bacteria guess not oh well we'll see if it affects my pm issue

I know this things been done for awhile but I have to comment on the first page. Soil drenching works best as a preventative, if you have an outbreak you need to spray top bottoms and everything. You really should do this every two weeks on veg and mothers and right before flower, or once you get it under control drench once they're in their final pots.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If you have a enclosed grow use no pest strips. Get a fan and set one on it in your grow over night. You will need to close your ventilation so it can build up. Let it set there as long as you can but ventilate before you reenter.

Do not do this unless you enjoy smoking poisons.
-SamS

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
seems like people just cant get enough of them poisons.. The whole world is a wash with unnatural man made chemicals and radiation thesedays..

The last time i had the little sods I used ivermectin as a systematic and it couldn't have been more effective..

medicalmj

Veteran
anyone else tried ivermectins? where did you find it.
If you don't have a commercial sized operation, as in a huge warehouse or large greenhouses then there really shouldn't be a need for anything harsher than permithrin, which you still might not ever need. Rosemary is expensive but for this cottage industry is one of your best defenses against spidermites. Sure a little neem and other stuff needs to be in the mix but rosemary is king.

If on the other hand you have a commercial op, you'd be wise to utilize Pylon in your IPM strategy. It's a translaminar so spraying a 10,000 sq ft area will be a breeze. Translaminar means it will migrate between the cells and be effective when only the top sides are sprayed, since spidermites like to suck from the underside.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
If you don't have a commercial sized operation, as in a huge warehouse or large greenhouses then there really shouldn't be a need for anything harsher than permithrin, which you still might not ever need. Rosemary is expensive but for this cottage industry is one of your best defenses against spidermites. Sure a little neem and other stuff needs to be in the mix but rosemary is king.

If on the other hand you have a commercial op, you'd be wise to utilize Pylon in your IPM strategy. It's a translaminar so spraying a 10,000 sq ft area will be a breeze. Translaminar means it will migrate between the cells and be effective when only the top sides are sprayed, since spidermites like to suck from the underside.

"Pylon is not ovicidal and so should be used in rotation with a registered ovicidal product specific for the pest when moderate to high populations of eggs are present. Applications should be made to the immature stages of insects and mites."
http://betterplants.basf.us/products/pylon-miticide-insecticide.html

medicalmj

Veteran
"Pylon is not ovicidal and so should be used in rotation with a registered ovicidal product specific for the pest when moderate to high populations of eggs are present. Applications should be made to the immature stages of insects and mites."
http://betterplants.basf.us/products/pylon-miticide-insecticide.html

YES, all commercial growers must institute IPM, integrated pest management, that will by its very nature, have taken that statement into account, almost subconsciously, since getting to know the life cycle of each pest and the mode of action of each pesticide to be used is, what IPM is. And of course they know all about how and when to apply etc...or they'd be out of biz.

Alas, I have Hexagon, which is an ovicide/miticide but it's not approved for food crops. Just what ovicide do you know of that's approved for food crops?

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
YES, all commercial growers must institute IPM, integrated pest management, that will by its very nature, have taken that statement into account, almost subconsciously, since getting to know the life cycle of each pest and the mode of action of each pesticide to be used is, what IPM is. And of course they know all about how and when to apply etc...or they'd be out of biz.

Alas, I have Hexagon, which is an ovicide/miticide but it's not approved for food crops. Just what ovicide do you know of that's approved for food crops?

Floramite is used on tomatoes. The best way is to get rid of mites is when the plants are real small, like 2 or 3 inches tall. Dunk them.

http://www.ohp.com/Labels_MSDS/PDF/floramite_label.pdf

" It has contact activity only, so thorough coverage of all plant parts is essential. It is active on all mite life stages, including eggs.

Floramite works quickly and may provide up to 28 days of residual activity. "

medicalmj

Veteran
Floramite is used on tomatoes. The best way is to get rid of mites is when the plants are real small, like 2 or 3 inches tall. Dunk them.

http://www.ohp.com/Labels_MSDS/PDF/floramite_label.pdf

" It has contact activity only, so thorough coverage of all plant parts is essential. It is active on all mite life stages, including eggs.

Floramite works quickly and may provide up to 28 days of residual activity. "
Floramite is not an ovicide per label, but a potent non-systemic and non-translaminar (direct contact needed) miticide.

farmerinthesky

Miticide

Miticide

So like the title says I need a systemic miticide that doesnt last longer than 30 days and will knock my mite problem back,waay back.

I'm at day 25 of flower on a 63 day strain so I need something relatively safe I dont want it to effect the herb at all, does something like this even exist?

I used azamax as a soil drench but it dam expense used a whole bottle for 50 gals and it doest seem to have done much at all.

The reason I want a systemic is because Ive got quite a few plants and spraying the undersides of the leafs would be a huge job.Anything that fits the bill come to mind?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Zeal aka Tetrasan is used in the hops industry until right before harvest. It is NOT organic.

Granger2

Veteran
Check the "Borg" sticky in Cannabis Infirmary. Floramite calls itself an "ornamental miticide." The only food crop it is approved for is *greenhouse* tomatoes. A Special Dispensation because mites are so hard to control in a greenhouse. That doesn't make it safe, especially with its long residual, for food/smoke crops. Good luck. -granger

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On point as per usual Granger.

Zeal aka Tetrasan is used in the hops industry until right before harvest. It is NOT organic.

Tetrasan (Etoxazole) is an IGR, and will barely effect adult mites, beyond rendering females infertile. It does have a very short half life, though I still wouldn't spray in flower.