What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bobblehead overtakes

D

DHF

EVERY room I ever built had walls and ceilings covered in "OSB/oriented strand board" on the insides AND outsides cuz the shit`s cheap like 5 bucks a sheet compared to plywood at twice the price.....but....

The shit don`t do well once it gets wet cuz it swells up and harbors sq ftg for nasties ta grow....just gotta cover yer bases and keep it from gettin wet....

I ran pondliner on the insides and reflectix on the outsides....nowhere for water to collect.......especially with major extraction pullin humidity up and away from the girls......so....

Once all aspects of production are known from A-Z , it`s just a matter of maintenance and monitoring..simple..babyshit....

GF wanted ta wade through cowshit and go fishin so we went and caught some catfish down at my pond......I cleaned em and she`s fryin em up with all da fixins including shrimp from tha beach we thawed out....Ya`ll come....

Good luck Bobbles........You know what ta do......

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Bobble Menards has a 4X8 sheet of OSB with foil on one side. You could use foil tape to seal it to the side walls or to your foil insulation.

AlexTrebek

My cab has 5 particle boards in a cube formation + a door, I tapped up the sides of the board with 1 pass of silver duct tape.
The boards are currently sitting in 3 inches of snow and are completely unaffected by it, they haven't separated or plumped up full of water so far, although 5-ply would've been a better choice for it's stronger solidity and it's ability to take nails or screws much better at funny angles.

Oh yeah and you rock BOBBLE! GROW ON!

bobblehead

Veteran
EVERY room I ever built had walls and ceilings covered in "OSB/oriented strand board" on the insides AND outsides cuz the shit`s cheap like 5 bucks a sheet compared to plywood at twice the price.....but....

The shit don`t do well once it gets wet cuz it swells up and harbors sq ftg for nasties ta grow....just gotta cover yer bases and keep it from gettin wet....

I ran pondliner on the insides and reflectix on the outsides....nowhere for water to collect.......especially with major extraction pullin humidity up and away from the girls......so....

Once all aspects of production are known from A-Z , it`s just a matter of maintenance and monitoring..simple..babyshit....

GF wanted ta wade through cowshit and go fishin so we went and caught some catfish down at my pond......I cleaned em and she`s fryin em up with all da fixins including shrimp from tha beach we thawed out....Ya`ll come....

Good luck Bobbles........You know what ta do......

Peace....Freds....:ying:.....
Bobble Menards has a 4X8 sheet of OSB with foil on one side. You could use foil tape to seal it to the side walls or to your foil insulation.
My cab has 5 particle boards in a cube formation + a door, I tapped up the sides of the board with 1 pass of silver duct tape.
The boards are currently sitting in 3 inches of snow and are completely unaffected by it, they haven't separated or plumped up full of water so far, although 5-ply would've been a better choice for it's stronger solidity and it's ability to take nails or screws much better at funny angles.

Oh yeah and you rock BOBBLE! GROW ON!

ok ok... it doesn't take much to convince me. This is why I'm asking quetions before I do any construction... Thanks guys. I've figured out how I'm going to proceed, and needless to say, I think y'all will be impressed. Stay tuned. I have a few scheduling conflicts this week, but I'm gonna getter done!

AlexTrebek

ok ok... it doesn't take much to convince me. This is why I'm asking quetions before I do any construction... Thanks guys. I've figured out how I'm going to proceed, and needless to say, I think y'all will be impressed. Stay tuned. I have a few scheduling conflicts this week, but I'm gonna getter done!

Scheduling conflicts during the month of December? UNHEARD OF?!?! (too much to do!)

Oh and one last benefit of particle boards, the cheapest ones usually have brite white stratified glue to them - no paint fumes or stained clothes! Oh yeah and their barely flammable - hard to ignite. Have fun with the DIY, if your a DIY junkie like me I know you will :)

Take care and grow on Bobble!

:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
Wassup brah?.....anything new happening in the rust belt?

I'm sooo tired... I had to shoot up north, and then come straight back down to meet up with some people today. I've bought most of the materials to start construction. Just got the RO pressure booster, so I'm pretty excited about that. My 330g tank wasn't even at 100 gallons after 4 days with a 150gpd filter... The tubing feeding and taking the waste out of the filter is yellow/orange. I have some really hard water, and low pressure.

I'm about to do some construction that will show my buddy Gingerale just how much I know about manipulating airflow... I've been taking notes on some larger operations, and thinking about what I could use from them. I'm going to build the most tricked out bobblepods yet. ;)

and hopefully, 1x a week sprays with forbid 4F is going to knock out my russet mite infestation... cause right now I want to vomit every time I look at one of my plants. I see some new pistils though, and the leaves are looking healthier, so I think they're recovering...

water+nutrients+light+plant= money, yeah right.... I would kill to have the problem of a few beans in my buds right now.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Sheetrock... just as cheap as particle board.

Sheetrock... for a little more $ you can get the green kind which resists moisture/mildew

Sheetrock... doesn't burn as easily as particle board does.

i'sjussayin

D

DHF

OSB`s not the same shit as particle board guys and it`s lil over 5 bucks a sheet round my parts , goes up well and tears down even easier usin sheetrock screws.....

Last I checked Anti sheetrock`s lil over 9 bucks a sheet and crumbles to shit when yas try ta remove it for a teardown to remove all evidence of a grow setup..... I`m just sayin........

Bobbles......Forgot ta tell yas bout lightproofin yer big rez`s to prevent algae growth in deep summer......spray them bitches black , black , and black again ....maybe you already knew this ?....anyways.....

Getchas lil powerhead ta keep everything stirred up constantly and you`ll be good ta go .....

Holler...Freds....:ying:.......

5th

Veteran
Particle boad isn't the same as OSB. Particle board is sawdust glued together. OSB is waferboard, they use chips of wood and glue them together.

Particle board n' waferboard are both shit...made with formaldahyde n' other nasty shit.

My:2cents:, hang strong netting.

D

DHF

LOL Ichabod......My point was that large rez`s can get stagnant if not stirred and aerated as well as light entering the opaque sides will most definitely form algae guaranteed.....

Black , black , and black again was me fuckin with Bobbles.....and also bout those caged tanks.........most of em I`ve ever seen down here were used for potable water , but not all are so ya`ll make sure when and if yas get one to make sure they`re "food grade" for safety`s sake....

5th.....not sure what you`re referring to usin strong netting on , but I was talkin bout buildin growrooms nice and strong outta the cheapest and easiest shit ta work with there is in the building industry....

Never had no nugs glow in the dark or formaldehyde offgassin and killin my plants in over 15 yrs inside so......

I`m just sayin.....anyways...Bobbles.....caught yer second wind yet ?........

Merry Xmas vertheads....Freds....:ying:...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sometimes Fred speaks a foreign language.....you gotta run it through a "deep south" translator program! ....lol