What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Konica Minolta DiMage Z6

G

Takes an alright pic

6216trichs-med.JPG

G

As is yours :wink: I think I could get some better ones if I actually went through the tutorial. I like the zoom, but the telephoto doesn't function when in super macro mode. This cam does accept certain lens adapters, but I don't know if it gets me any closer up. BTW...sensi star from paradise seeds.

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
I've got the Z10 also. :woohoo:

Takes great pictures and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

G

So what do you all think about the overall quality of the Konicas? I've never owned one before... just HP's. All my HP digi's took a crap on me after 2ooo or so pics. Two of them to the f***in usb connection. I guess a few hundred times of putting the cable in and pulling it out wears 'em out.

I don't mind the 'chunkyness' of the cam. Like you say it does make it easier to hold still. The zoom does work in the macro mode, just not the 'super' macro mode .4 inches away.

G

i dont know shit about cameras, and the dimage Z10 was my first choice lookin around due to the optical lens, as thats what i was told to get, as much optical zoom as i could afford.

i went with the canon(few bucks more) just cause of the name. the dimage Z10 pretty much has the saame functions, the canon has a 12X optical. I think this digi is much better with outdoor landscape shots then up close macros. still learnin the unit.

CBF

G

hello friend's :joint:
i too have the dimage Z10 its a wounderfull cam, but still am unable to get pics like doobie and cbs.....i just not took the lens cap off and noticed there are thread's inside the lens cavaty, i'm assuming i can attach a better lens in there right??......does any one no anything about those cords that you plug into your cam and on the other end there is a button you push to snap the shot, reason i'm asking is because even if i'm useing my tri-pod when i go to push the buttom it still moves the cam, and man i hate that......
thank's :wave:

G

jaws said:
hello friend's :joint:
i too have the dimage Z10 its a wounderfull cam, but still am unable to get pics like doobie and cbs.....i just not took the lens cap off and noticed there are thread's inside the lens cavaty, i'm assuming i can attach a better lens in there right??......does any one no anything about those cords that you plug into your cam and on the other end there is a button you push to snap the shot, reason i'm asking is because even if i'm useing my tri-pod when i go to push the buttom it still moves the cam, and man i hate that......
thank's :wave:

use your self timer bro, camera is still when it takes the shot

CBF

G

hello cbf :joint:
ohhh man i can not belive i did not think about useing that, thank you thank you thank you i will be giving that a try very soon.....

doobie? you have a z6 and i have a z10 do you know what the diffrences are in the two....are you useing an add on lens? if not how are you getting so close while staying so focused?........
thank's to you both :wave:

Last edited:
G

hey CBF :joint:
umm just wanted to say thank's again, iv'e been working with the tri-pod and the timer and things look very promissing......still doubt i will be getting the kind of close up's you and doobie are getting but i'm sure i'll be getting some real nice ones............
thank you :wave:

G

No tripod, no self timing used, but DAMN what a good idea. Tripod is next up as far as purchases go (after christmas)....

G

working with the tri-pod and timer...

working with the tri-pod and timer...

hello :joint:
ok just want to put up three pics today, just trying to find the sweet spot with this cam.....still have not really spent any time on real close macros but will when the time comes, for now just some close shots of some V-B-S's any one seeing purple yet...............

peace :wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts