What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Green Renaissance!

G

That sounds great CC, I need something that won't pull the current or give the heat of a big light, but will give me good vegetative lighting. Looks like you are using a 4' four tube light for your table. Are those 53W bulbs, and are you using a mix or all blue spectrum? Oh, and what size is your table... looks like 3' x 6' from the photo. While I have researched the T5 lights, it's always better to hear it from the horses mouth (so to speak)! :wink:

Abby :wave:

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Abby, I'm not positive what the wattage is, it's hard to find that info online.

However, from what I remember, there's 210 watts of electrical draw, and approximately 420 watts of output. And let me tell ya, 420 watts of output spread out the way it is, is a miracle for us indoor guys.

In the past, I'd have to rotate my plant under the veg lights to try to get them all uniformed up for the flowering room. Now, they should all be uniform without the extra work of rotating them constantly.

They'll be getting their first real feeding in a few minutes, we'll see what the lights can really do then :wink:

G

That T5 light looks terrific for vegin. I may add it to the 400 mh. Yea or nay? Good work CC, love to see it.

ograskal

Veteran
Very Nice CC! My Homie Vegges with a T5 also and his plants are Lovin it! They look real Nice and healthy! THe T5's definately kick ass! Peace.~ograskal

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
Nice set up

Nice set up

Good to be working again eh?
Great to see all is well for you.

A new set up is always nice.... it's the getting there that makes you CRAZY!
New Gentics to boot. On Ward and Up Ward CrazyC.

Sin :wave:

O

OHenry

I've got my T5 with the 400mh in veg and am prepared to kick some ass. That'd be a smart move Smokey.

I've had my T5 for the last grow and saw great success. :joint:

OH

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Thanks for the info on the T5 guys - got me thinkin now. Looks perfect for the second rev of my Bonzai Mothership :D :D

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
10-28 Update

10-28 Update

The timer was set for 12/12 today. The seed-grown plants will not be topped, I want to end up with a bunch of squat xmas trees.

Sour Bubble bx3
Looking nice. Those big fat leaves are starting to show themselves :smile:

Gonzo #1
Rezdog's cross of M39 and William's Wonder. You can see the William's Wonder leaf pheno showing through.

HOG
These were planted about a week after the Gonzos and the Sour Bubbles. Looking nice.

The next generation
These are Grapefruit F4 (on left) and LUIxBogglegum (right). They were planted directly into these 4" square pots.

Skunk Special - MASSIVE YIELDS
I saw this baby flowering in Hot Cargo's garden. It was so massive that I HAD to get a clone to try in my garden. The smell and taste are great, and he says the high is really good as well. It's being cloned in a cut flower tube filled with a solution of Earth Juice Rootstock rooting formula - organic. The aloe plant is there to keep her company during these tough times :smile:

G

:wave: WOW CC love those pics :woohoo: Your plants r always sooo green :sasmokin: Cant wait 2 c some fruit on those girls :yummy:

O

OHenry

Lookin killer man. Those Grapefruit's will be damn tasty I'm sure. I smoked the Skunk Special from Female Seeds with HC this past winter and boy was it good. See ya soon :) OH

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good

looking good

Great pics, love those big lush leaves on the SB and cant wait to flower out one of my clones........you will love the Grapefruit, got 3 myself and all are beautiful looking.........beware of the stretchy pheno, in the pic below the back tall plant and the front left plant are both Grapefruit and were the same size when they went into flower, i snapped the taller due to her being too tall and she has responded excellently.

Cant wait to see your girls budding.
Peace

well, well, looked what the cat done drug in. LOL huh huh!!

well, well, looked what the cat done drug in. LOL huh huh!!

Smokin2Live sent me some seeds that he purchased about a year ago. SAGE and HOG. He was asking me what strains I'd suggest trying that we haven't tried yet. I suggested SAGE and HOG right from the breeder, THSeeds. They were exceedingly expensive, so I really appreciate the gift bro.

HELL YEA BROTHER!! :yes: thats how we roll in "da dirty south" hu hu hu......
let me know how they turn out for ya. you know the story behind mine!!
FUCKIN BIACH!!
i had the DEV#1 ( LS, from you ) that was also fuckin yanked! snif snif.. it was LOOKIN fab. before death! so IM sure with LS genitics and your thumb, they'll be some tasty treats.......

that SC sounds interesting as hell!? i saw the one you had going last year or so first-hand ( a distinct honour, thanks again for the 5hrs!! haha ) and 7oz's sounds bout right. it was a HUGE fucker!!!

anyways, glad all is better in "happyland" there and the games afoot!! :woohoo:

best wishes! happy holidays!
S2L

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
TheSkunkyDemon said:
:wave: WOW CC love those pics :woohoo: Your plants r always sooo green :sasmokin: Cant wait 2 c some fruit on those girls :yummy:

Thanks dude. I can't wait either! hehehe

OHenry said:
Lookin killer man. Those Grapefruit's will be damn tasty I'm sure. I smoked the Skunk Special from Female Seeds with HC this past winter and boy was it good. See ya soon :) OH

I really hope we get some grapefruity grapefruits!
That Skunk Special has a special, tasty scent to it. I can tell it's going to be some delish smokes. It'll be fun to take on rides through the forest :wink:

truecannabliss said:
Great pics, love those big lush leaves on the SB and cant wait to flower out one of my clones........you will love the Grapefruit, got 3 myself and all are beautiful looking.........beware of the stretchy pheno, in the pic below the back tall plant and the front left plant are both Grapefruit and were the same size when they went into flower, i snapped the taller due to her being too tall and she has responded excellently.
Cant wait to see your girls budding.
Peace

I KNOW dude! I have some grapefruit seedlings that are so tall they fell over in the pots already! And they're under a T5 too! Plenty of light to stay squat, but they're stretchy, so what are ya gonna do, right? I'll just can the stretchy ones as I see them. No room for floppy sativas right now, but I have room for squatter sativas! :wink:

the_danimal said:
cool bro

cant wait to see your garden purped out ;)

Yeah man, I have never grown one of those truly pruple plants, the kind with the purple calyxes, not just purple leaves. I have a feeling I'll get my fix soon :wink:

smokin 2 live! What's up bro!

Thanks HighLander :wave:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
An update on the seedlings...

Here we have a three-leafed LUI x Bogglegum. It's silly and the other seedlings make fun of it. What are ya gonna do?

Hre's one of the Grapefruit F4's sent over by Plan B. This is one that's NOT stretched out like a limp fire hose. One of the GF seedlings is so long already that it's laying on top of the soil.

Here's a way to tell that your seedlings are in need of some fertilizer for the first time... See the purpling of the undersides of the first set of leaves?

These are two different varieties showing the same deficiency, so it's not a genetic coloring.

Another reason I'm sure it's the start of a deficiency is that these are in a totally soiless mix, and have never been fed anything at all.

The first is Grapefruit, the second is LUI x Bogglegum.

They're entirely healthy, and are now ready to be fed.

Last edited:
Interesting selection you've got going there CC :rasta:

i cant wait to see more shots of the TRC cuts and beans when they put alittle size on.

have a great day bro.

O H

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nov 2 Update

Nov 2 Update

Hey guys, thanks for popping in.

This is a little update on progress.

The hungry seedlings got their first fertilizer yesterday. Also, I'm a dipshit. Remember in an earlier post I was saying that one of the grapefruits was so lanky that it was laying on the surface of the soil? I found out why. The veg fan was off the whole time. I turned it off while the seeds germinated - because there was no need for airflow at that time... But I forgot to turn it back on til yesterday. The plants were weak from not getting any airflow.

After their first feeding, and after switching the fan on, they are looking hardier already.

Boy, when you are playing Mother Nature, it's so easy to screw one of the tiny details up! :smile:

This is the Sour Bubble - it's leaves are huge and getting bigger.

This is the Gonzo #1

Here's a garden shot. this was taken with the 1000 watter on, but I still managed to get it to look decent anyhow. Fast shutter speeds and filters :wink: - We have Killer Queen (cindy99 x G13 from Lonestar), Cindy99 (clone from Rez), the Alexis clone (Lonestar's newest love), DSD1 (a sativa version of DSD by Lonestar), Kyle Kushman's Strawberry Cough clone, THSeeds' HOG, BOG's Sour Bubble bx3, and Rezdog's Gonzo#1 (M39 x William's Wonder).

Here's a grapefruit F4 seedling. That pot is 4" across and yet the first set of leaves have grown over the edges. Very vigorous so far! I hope they don't stretch like crazy!

Last edited: