What's new

Does this cannabutter look done?

Marcellas

Veteran
Hey guys
I'll try to post the before and after pics... It's been almost 3.5 hours now, and I was going to throw the entire slow cooker in the freezer in 10minutes regardless.

I cooked about 3 ounces of mostly real great buds too about 11 sticks of butter total, lol. 😋
... 2 hours into this is when I cranked it to High-heat for just 20min and added the final 2 sticks and the last 15gs (of 85) of ground nugs. Always simmered though never saw a bubble.

It all started bright green and is now a dark golden brown, kinda see that oily look I'm looking for. I've done this before a few times a few years ago, but first time using a crockpot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14

Marcellas

Veteran
That was the before picture, here's within the last few minutes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 21

Marcellas

Veteran
If you think it's completely finished, I'll stir it once more, let it cool... And than the straining process into my Tupperware Tub, and into the fridge overnight to separate. And she'll be finished lol

Just wondering because I cooked the last 16gs and budder into just over an hour ago? And I heard most people go 6-8 hours total, when using a Slow-cooker/crockpot, on LOW?

i was thinking of letting it cool for a few in the freezer, than heating it back up to Low and adding another 7gs or so and a final stick of butter, than another hour or so and than finish it off.
Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Marcellas

Veteran
It's been 4 hours exactly now in the crock pot..
just threw in another half stick and a couple more grams, I'll leave it on low for another half hour, than let it cool and strain. Than into the fridge overnight until the water separates..

I've heard that doing a cool down session or 2 than heating it back up, extracts even more. And I did use almost 100grams of great weed now, for like 12 sticks of butter!!
:eek:
And I hear many people going 6-8 hours when using a slow cooker. But it does look pretty good to me now, and smells great! ��

gorilla ganja

I let mine cook over night 10-12 hrs, sometimes more low heat on crock pot.
I then cool it pour out the water, add boiling water again.
Repeat the above step till the water is clear when separated.
Sounds like a potent batch, I use an oz per pound of clarified butter.

Peace GG

Marcellas

Veteran
Ok I think I'll throw the entire crockpot in the freezer for an hour or so, heat it back up to low for another hour or so, than finish the process.

It's been 4.5 hours now so it will be at least 6 hours cooking time (not including the cool down). What do you guys think?
Thanks again!

Marcellas

Veteran
Man it's hard to tell, the water does lol pretty dark now... Heats been off for a half hour now. Maybe it's done!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 12

Grojak

I let mine go 24-48 hours 60g to lb of butter. Stronger the butter the better cooking you'll be able to do. If you can use 1/2 canna butter and 1/2 real butter and still get the high you desire you'll make good edibles. The extra fat in the regular butter (nonclarified) makes for much tastier and better textured treats.

Marcellas

Veteran
!

!

Hopefully it turned out good, it's finished and solidifying in the fridge now.. I went about 7-8 hours on Low setting , adding more weed and budder throughout.

I switched it to high a couple hours in for just 30min while stirring, than soon after that put the whole pot in the freezer. When I brought it out I reheated it again on High, than back to Low once melted.
Hit it with one more 30min on High before letting it cool down and straining it.

The water looked real dark so I was worried at first.
.... But now I'm worried it either never got warm enough (never saw it bubble once), and/or I didn't cook it long enough. I stirred at least every 30min throughout the process

The plant matter is still green colored after the entire process.. but the budder itself was very dark once separated, and looks like it will turn a good golden-green.
About 95G's for 13 sticks of butter!!! Let's hope it's gooood. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I let mine cook over night 10-12 hrs, sometimes more low heat on crock pot.
I then cool it pour out the water, add boiling water again.
Repeat the above step till the water is clear when separated.
Sounds like a potent batch, I use an oz per pound of clarified butter.

Peace GG

I like the way you clean it up. I'll have to try that next time I make budder.

@Marcellas,
I use 1oz trim per stick of butter to make my budder. Tasty & potent! It's typically a dark green color after separation.

Marcellas

Veteran
Finished!

Finished!

Thanks for input guys! I ended up using a bit over an ounce of good buds per pound of butter (hopefully not overkill or anything wasted - I wanted extra strong budder)
.. used about 96grams for 13 sticks!! Low simmer in the crockpot for about 8 hours. The finished product looks like a deep green, golden tinge too it.
:p
Here's the finished cannabutter. Tastes great! Going to make PB cookies (recipe calls for a lot of butter), maybe rice crispy treats and other stuff. Lotss of budder here haha

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15