What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
A friend of mine..

A friend of mine..

Stopped by and gifted me a 1000mg brownie. I had to cut it into pieces.

I make (grow Bubba) for my own CanaCoconut oil with my Magical Butter machine.

My standard recipe is of 50-60mg Snickerdoodle cookies.

I always warn my friends about dosage. Through the years it’s been fun watching the uninitiated.

They are not selling recreational yet in the City of Los Angeles :party: watch out

P.S. -Yes it’s tough having money to burn

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stopped by and gifted me a 1000mg brownie. I had to cut it into pieces.

I make (grow Bubba) for my own CanaCoconut oil with my Magical Butter machine.

My standard recipe is of 50-60mg Snickerdoodle cookies.

I always warn my friends about dosage. Through the years it’s been fun watching the uninitiated.

They are not selling recreational yet in the City of Los Angeles :party: watch out

P.S. -Yes it’s tough having money to burn

How come they haven’t started selling rec yet 420? You would think that they would want that extra traffic they can expect ....there are 3 in our small area soon to be more

sutra1

I live in Santa Barbara, there are no rec sales here.......yet. For me it’s no matter, I have my own and can smoke it legally.......

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It’s local politics..

It’s local politics..

How come they haven’t started selling rec yet 420? You would think that they would want that extra traffic they can expect ....there are 3 in our small area soon to be more

They want more tax money, just greedy I’d guess. They indicated they will start handing them out next week.

Can you say VERY RESTRICTIVE

:party:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

hey MrsB :) a crane game for winning bud now that it's rec & med :)

ODXTny5.jpg

Green Squall

Rec in Massachusetts was supposed to be last month, but a handful of legislators went behind everyones back and delayed it 6 months. People were PISSED!

To make matters more complicated, Towns/Cities where the majority voted "YES" on rec weed need to hold a referendum before they can ban pot shops, and Cities where the Majority voted "NO", it only takes the governing body - Town Meeting or City Council for example.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
damn,
I read all about California and Colorado and Maine and Nevada, etc,etc...."Bud tenders" just sounds as funny to me today as it would have 48 1/2 years ago...

Oh well, I'll just keep on keeping on...out here in the "Dark Ages" of US history..

Based on averages over the past several decades, I'll be a "bud tender" again, oh, starting around the first few weeks of August...:biggrin:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Buddy's Cannabis here in San Jose was open for recreational sales on day 1. :) They were the first place I went to here without needing a medical card.

I don't understand the regulations on edibles for recreational use. 10 mg per edible is the limit. Someone who needs 1000 mg would have to eat 100 cookies, or whatever.

It's good that it's legal at all. Someone with a high tolerance can buy bud at a store and make their own edibles at home. That beats having to buy from a dealer for people who can't grow their own.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Buddy's Cannabis here in San Jose was open for recreational sales on day 1. :) They were the first place I went to here without needing a medical card.

I don't understand the regulations on edibles for recreational use. 10 mg per edible is the limit. Someone who needs 1000 mg would have to eat 100 cookies, or whatever.

It's good that it's legal at all. Someone with a high tolerance can buy bud at a store and make their own edibles at home. That beats having to buy from a dealer for people who can't grow their own.

the limit on rec is 100mg per item, with each serving size being no more than 10mg

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump. Mrs. Baba, anymore tales you can share with us?

We just opened a shop in Weed California, so there is legal weed in Weed now, it’s been a long time coming that they have finally opened up the 2 shops there, maybe someday it can be like Punxsutawney Pa. and instead of a gopher we have a toking bear that stumbles out of a van on 4/20 filled with smoke and decides its spring time right now!!
It’s medical only right now but the city is going to change that soon to be rec also, they wanted to make sure the sky wasn’t going to fall if they allowed the collectives.... had a lady stop by the other day that didn’t even smoke but wanted to buy legal weed in Weed :dance013:
Once a shop is rec it changes the whole thing, at least it did in Shasta, makes it very busy and lots of questions.
We are putting on a grow class soon and hopefully others down the road, from cloning to how to store your harvest we will see how the interest goes...
Sorry I haven’t posted too much I’ve been so busy my free time is very limited...thank you all :biggrin:
Peace and puffs
On a side note got some super awesome sauce today from a good friend!! Thanks bud enjoying every dab! :tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Weed, California?.....cool.

Is there a town called 'Hash' also Mrs B?.....lol

*Good to see you posting, even if it is rarely these days.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love Weed. :) I have a pipe and lighter that say that, from my trip through Weed a couple years ago. I haven't been back since recreational sales became legal this year.

Brother Nature

Weed, California, that takes me back. Grew up in Redding not so far away. Spent a lot of time at College of the Siskiyous in my high school years. I remember a gardening shop in Weed that sold more than gardening supplies back in the day, always found that funny. Was some good shit too from what I recall.

Thanks for this thread, it's been pretty entertaining, nice to have a connection to my home area and be able to keep up with the going ons around there. Don't really keep in touch with many in the area anymore so cool to see what's going on.

Hope you guys get rec soon. :biggrin:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weed, California?.....cool.

Is there a town called 'Hash' also Mrs B?.....lol

*Good to see you posting, even if it is rarely these days.

If there is a town called hash I’m havent heard of it! :biggrin:

We live near the 710 exit lol I keep telling babba I want that sign! :joint:

Aota1

Had a guy today that wanted to look at every distillate cartridge for the clearest. �� He said he knew that meant it was the cleanest and didn’t want to discuss an alternative to that idea. They’re all about the same color in our shop at any rate. Patiently helped him and took a breath

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a guy today that wanted to look at every distillate cartridge for the clearest. �� He said he knew that meant it was the cleanest and didn’t want to discuss an alternative to that idea. They’re all about the same color in our shop at any rate. Patiently helped him and took a breath

I hear ya Aota, you have to have a lot of patience in this job, so many know it alls and experts at everything lol

Had an older lady the other day asking if there was something specifically for a scratchy throat, she uses a CBD tincture for now and that helps but wanted something to take it away all together, I said I would do some research to see if I could find anything that might do that, pretty sure the tincture is the best she will find.

I’m excited for this 4/20 in Weed, should be a nice celebration, I’m hoping we can smoke it up and really make it fun. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.