What's new

Would aerating a Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutrient solution be beneficial?

nc2buds

As the title says, I am curious as to whether aerating a Pure Blend Pro nutrient solution with 1.6lpm of aeration through stones placed at the bottom of a 50 gallon reservoir for 24-48 hours would create a beneficial tea?

The solution would contain:

Dyna-Grow Pro-tekt Pure Blend Pro Bloom Pure Blend Pro Grow Liquid Karma Hydroplex Sweet Cal-Mag Plus
And would plan on adding 2 cups of molasses and 2 cups fish hydrolysate to the mix as food for the microbes.

Just looking for a simple way to provide a more bountiful nutrient solution.

Heusinomics

U should always airate a nutrient mix......

Adding the sugar n fish will make for a bit stinky mess.
As for teas n nutes combined don't turn your res unto a brewer right off the bat. You will have to introduce beneficial bacteria slowly and add sugars as the pop grows.

If u want a tea use 5 gals w fish kelp n wc\compost and then dilute. To add into a cerculated res.

Good luck
Big ups and happy growing��

nc2buds

I should specify that this is for soil, not hydroponics.
Typically just mix the nute solution in the reservoir and feed.
Wondering if aerating the mix for 24-48 hours before feed time would be beneficial or not, as the PBP is organic based and thus should work as a tea base correct?
Granted its not the worlds best tea but it should be more beneficial then just mixing nutes and feeding right?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
PBP is Organic BASED, but not organic. It contains synthetic nutrients as well. Aerating all of those things together wouldn't do much for you as there isn't a microbe input like compost or Earth Worm castings. I wouldn't recommend doing it as it won't do anything for you and would be a wast of time IMHO.

nc2buds

Ok, so it would be much better to utilize a second 50 gallon reservoir and use it specifically for brewing a real compost tea and feeding that once every week or every other week in between nutrient mix feeds?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Ok, so it would be much better to utilize a second 50 gallon reservoir and use it specifically for brewing a real compost tea and feeding that once every week or every other week in between nutrient mix feeds?

Yes.

If you are going to those lengths then why not fully commit and make the leap to full organics? I think it would be better all around for you in the long run. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts