What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is a rooted clone considered a plant towards my plant count

Devoted1

Hi, I am pretty sure that it is a plant if it is rooted but I am asking so that I can show my friend cause he doesn't believe me.

Yes, if they count.

One time I got compliance checked I had 400 plants they asked how much I had I said under 99. They believed me.

FileCabinetGrow

Depending on where you, plant count doesn't mean crap, but total weight might.

Where I'm at, weight matters, not plant count. Look up your local laws if your wondering what really matters.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Ive heard people say that rooted plants count. It probably is a condition somewhere, everywhere is different. I cant buy rolling papers in my town.

Heusinomics

Iv heard it two ways here in co.

Was told an 8" rule once. For the size of the plant above ground. 8high or wide =plant in count.
Hav also read a 2" rule for roots. Any container/pot/rockwool 2" or bigger =1plant

Point is u gotta check your local regs as they are dif all over. Iv been meaning to double check for my local area. As that will determine what metric they use and what the limits are.

But mostly I agree w the above.. Fuck limits!
N b as safe as pos.

Big ups respect and happy growing.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
once there is any kind of roots its now a plant.....yeehaw..limits are for pussies..funny the one time the cops came here they too didn't count after seeing paperwork posted on door of grow...ha ha I was way over the limit....I don't put all my eggs in one basket or place anyhow...lol

StayFlyOrDie

Here in Michigan people always say that it has to be rooted to count but i can imagine with the ol' coppers are upset with ya they are gonna do what they want. The new mileglize ballot initiative says the plant has to be 12'' tall and 12'' wide to count. so there ya go

idntknwsht

..limits are for pussies..l

I feel like that should be a t shirt or something. Personally, I will stick to them here, Oregon to be specific. It used to be a whole lot better before legalization. limit shchmimit, but now there is much more focus on it.

So OP, I think as others have mentioned state specifics are important. Oregon recently changed what is considered a "flowering" plant, but here if its rooted it goes towards count.

Scrappy-doo

Hell where I'm at, if you snip off a branch and stick it in water, it's considered a plant and they count it that way. Left over root balls from harvested plants? Yep that counts too.

I got pinched about 5 yrs ago and had several garbage bags with root balls and dirt in my closet I hadn't thrown away, a bunch of snips in cups of water, and 40 or so living plants. Got charged with like 170 plants. My jaw dropped when they told me lol.

Hell where I'm at, if you snip off a branch and stick it in water, it's considered a plant and they count it that way. Left over root balls from harvested plants? Yep that counts too.

I got pinched about 5 yrs ago and had several garbage bags with root balls and dirt in my closet I hadn't thrown away, a bunch of snips in cups of water, and 40 or so living plants. Got charged with like 170 plants. My jaw dropped when they told me lol.

Yeah here in CO mmj plant counts include UNROOTED cuts. Be careful. Also if you have an odd number plant count, 50/50 veg/flower becomes (for example) 5 flower 6 veg on an 11 plant count.

But overall, stay under the radar.

Plant counts are dumb