What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red Frog Air Diffusers

MtnSkunk

Anyone try these yet? Looks pretty easy to make your own, I just bought some on ebay and they produce a lot of air and turbulence in the dwc buckets.

4635196.jpg

I had to upgrade my pump because the original buckets only had 1 air stone, so now have a hydro farm 70 LPM pump. Seems to be doing the trick, plants after 4 days look like they're growing a bit faster now.

gardener60

Red Frog Air Diffusers

Its called Air Injection Technology by http://modularhydro.com/ they won some award from High Times about their product and their innovations to growing. I see someone coined it a different Name. I know i can make them, and i will make some. I have come to the conclusion that is it really about the air stone or how much air you are sending through the stone you notice that they do not let you see the air pump that they are using. I seen a guy that uses commercial portable air pumps from his printing presses using the medium 3' air stones and it looks like a boiling pot. So that being said if you use a diffuser which puts out microns the bubbles almost look like foam, and those microns can get into those roots and change the whole game. I am only a Novice this is my 2 cents. I hope you like them because i want some.

Last edited:

gardener60

red frog air diffusers

red frog air diffusers

I take that back some of them let you see the air pumps. I stand corrected.

Heusinomics

What materal is that made outa?

Silicone w micro perf, or more like drip line for yards n trees?

Ran open T's fir years...
Even Hydro innovations micro pore dif's clog quick for me too. N they don't seam to "clean" easily as implied by the info.
But flexi diffusers may reduce the clog issue.
Bigger surface area diffusers always clog up fast for me.

Run them in nutrient solution n let us kno if they last a whole cycle.
Edit: w a reasonable size pump.. ;D

Thanx for the heads up.
Big ups respect and happy growing.

MtnSkunk

It's a rubber like material, the hose is real rough like it has rips in it. It smells like tires a little bit.

There are videos that show the diffuser pushing out serious air, I know my pump wont do that running 4 of them with 8 hoses. However, it was a HUGE upgrade from the aquarium airstones I was using on a smaller pump running 1 stone per bucket.

I clean my rez every week so will keep an eye on them. I am 7 weeks in so about the midway point. Wont be able to get any info on a full cycle yet. They weren't that cheap however, like $12 each.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
looks like soaker hose and some simple fittings...yeehaw..I have used similar rigs before..i have a bunch of soaker hose laying around...12$ aint bad ...now you can copy it when they clog and make lots more...

Latest posts

Latest posts