What's new

Pre 1990's Purple Urkle from seed

jefe noche

I can not believe my luck!!!

My father in law handed me these as I left his house in the woods of North West Sonoma County

"15 Original Purple Urkle from seeds from around the late eighties." "They are too small for use this year. Put them under 18 hours of light and sex them. I will want a few back."

OMG!!! Can a grower get any luckier??? Now they are transplanted and I will report as we go.

Details:
Medium: Botanicare Airation Coco
Nutrients: Cutting Edge Solutions (whole line)
Water: RO and declorinated
Temperature range: 64 degrees F. to 86 degrees F.

Grown in Northern California Sonoma County. I am welcoming any advice and help and history with this wonderful Indica. Watch as they come of age. How many males? So excited.

Last edited:

jefe noche

Hello Eastbaygrower!!

I will treat them with love! I was told it is a phenotype of Purple Afghani x Skunk . She was brought to the states (Northern California) back in the eighties. These seeds were stashed and secured for decades!!! Family is the best place for established genetics I feel. No need for liars there. Also I trust the heads that were there when I was just a preteen.

jefe noche

Tomorrow look back for the tagging and numbering of the babies. All is well with them. No transplant shock. Pics will come in the am!! Sleep well all. Purple Urkle for all and for all a good joint!

Selecta

happy man , make the best of it ;)

if possible i would choose two males for sexing !

good luck !

jefe noche

Transplants took super well! Thank you all again for your support. Everyone is tagged and numbered. And bets? Anyone want to lay claim and name one and see what materializes? Super fun. Kind of like a baby shower.

Let me know what you all think. About the babies... nutes... lights.... ect. I love community learning. Much love all!

CoCoSativas

Great find ! Take good care of these ,and for sure make some f2s and crosses:)

Yeah id be making seeds with those before bud... My persobal oppinion, those are cannabis history right there.

Post some f2s for sale online. Ill buy some and i dont even care for indicas, however i like haze dom hybrids and happen to have some quality haze x urkles... Could go for a backcross or even make my own urkle haze and see whats better.

I could see them making a nice nl5 cross too. Someone should mention that to dr atomic...

my money is on number 9 and 13 to be winners due to be fav numbers (what a suprise hey) like most common 2 fav numbers..

i always sugest silica products.. i use flairforms silikamagic..
if you can afford house and gardens roots excellarator its just amazing but $$.
i read somewhere iron is good for seed production but dont know the truth behind this..

and light depends on space of course.. if you can 1000w... MH globe for veg HPS for flower..

this is just my quick advice on the matter.. hope something here helps..

seedlings are looking very healthy... nice work..

hoss1111

Yeah id be making seeds with those before bud... My persobal oppinion, those are cannabis history right there.

Post some f2s for sale online. Ill buy some and i dont even care for indicas, however i like haze dom hybrids and happen to have some quality haze x urkles... Could go for a backcross or even make my own urkle haze and see whats better.

I could see them making a nice nl5 cross too. Someone should mention that to dr atomic...

Every grow I do, also has seeds,have yet to run a seedless grow yet. Too many good strains and genetics to preserve. I won't be letting any strains disappear on my watch :)

Latest posts

Latest posts