in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > kind led

Thread Title Search
kind led Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2019, 01:22 AM #1
davidw44

davidw44 will become famous soon enoughdavidw44 will become famous soon enough
kind led

Has anyone used kind led. i seen a video of a commercial grow in co. Looks like its time to switch to led.
davidw44 is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM #2
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of light
Well, I have been using these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...2161/302456569. My results have been very good for me.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 05:14 PM #3
zachrockbadenof

zachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to allzachrockbadenof is a name known to all
how much heat do these lights produce??? we are working in a small tent (4x3.5) - with '2' 315 cmh... last year added a 8bulb 4ft fluor and cooked the plants - thanks
zachrockbadenof is offline Quote

Old 03-12-2019, 06:43 PM #4
Koondense

Koondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant futureKoondense has a brilliant future
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Definitely it's time to switch to leds.
But not to Kind leds, there are far better options around.

Cheers
Koondense is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:15 PM #5
SweetJ138

SweetJ138 will become famous soon enough
I'm running the KIND k5 x750 in a 4x4 tent, and my plants seem to love it.

Picked it up used on ebay locally for under 600, and its been smooth sailing with my 1st indoor grow. You can put your hand like an inch away from the LED's and hardly feel any heat at all.
SweetJ138 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2019, 08:23 PM #6
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of lightgladysvjubb is a glorious beacon of light
Not too much

the heat they throw is non issue. Gentle, warming not blasting heat like HPS. I doubled my growing space using 2 of these. The growth is fantastic. The plants really respond well. I am close to moving more 4-5 week old babies under them and watch the stretch begin within 2 days. Grow on folks!!!

Old 03-12-2019, 10:31 PM #7
Biologist

Biologist will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
Well, I have been using these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...2161/302456569. My results have been very good for me.

Interesting. How many do you use per area?
Biologist is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 11:10 AM #8
gladysvjubb

I use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biologist View Post
Interesting. How many do you use per area?
two right now.

Old 03-14-2019, 11:54 AM #9
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
^^Id imagine they arent top bin though and the lifespan will fall off sooner than top binned tech.. keep an eye on the par output after a few years of use..

Kind LED are so badly over priced they were just one of the first people selling pickaxes in the led gold rush..

Last edited by Lost in a SOG; 03-14-2019 at 12:09 PM..
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 PM #10
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
The binning is very important, controlling the output spectrum and overall efficiency. The newest tech LEDs are made with ceramic backing, which means they'll take over 10 years to lose 10% efficiency.

The bargain LED's are not ceramic backed and will lose upwards of 30% efficiency, in less than 10 years.

The best bang for your buck right now in LED is DIY. Basic construction, soldering, electrical safety and math skills. You can build a premium quality light for close to $1/watt. This means a 330w light will cost you around $350, plus your time.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.