You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Golden Tiger

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Golden Tiger Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2019, 11:52 PM #1651
40degsouth

40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about
Hey F2F,
I was quite concerned about the soil l put together for the GT's this year also. It was a mix designed for heavy feeding indicas and I've described what went into it a few pages back.
Although l have no experience with these genetics yet, l don't believe the mix has had any detrimental effect on vegetative growth.
Hope this bit of info helps.
Cheers 40
40degsouth is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2019, 06:43 AM #1652
F2F

F2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the info there 40deg. That's reassuring. Last thing I want is to burn up plants I already got a month into.

Im also going to have some time for everything to cook in and settle down by the time I plant.

Cheers,
F2F
F2F is offline Quote

Old 03-10-2019, 05:20 PM #1653
40degsouth

40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about40degsouth has a spectacular aura about
Cool F2F,!
from my research I'd be careful of the "lime" that I'd include in your soil. Gypsum will add a little bit of calcium without PH imbalance.
The perfect soil, in my opinion, runs at 6.5 ph.
Cheers 40
40degsouth is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2019, 04:31 PM #1654
F2F

F2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura aboutF2F has a spectacular aura about
You e piqued my interest 40.

Honestly I never measured soil pH for my OD holes, just limed and went with it. If anything I would go a little heavy thinking its one of those things you can go over some and not be hurting things.

Ive always used the big box store "fast acting" variety for lawns, real fine granules. Sounds like you've had things go wonky on ya with some kinds?

Thx. F2F.
F2F is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 12:51 PM #1655
orfeas

orfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud of
running into 10th week my tigress has gone idle mode with the first brown pistils making their appearance here and there...subtle distinct mango aroma such a delight to the nostrils...but again only when close...
this waiting leg seems to be the hardest one for there isn't much of a development to see and hence the following question to the GT knowledgeable blokes out there: How long has the shortest flowering pheno gone?

orfeas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110003.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	488568

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:00 PM #1656
I wood

I wood has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfeas View Post
running into 10th week my tigress has gone idle mode with the first brown pistils making their appearance here and there...subtle distinct mango aroma such a delight to the nostrils...but again only when close...
this waiting leg seems to be the hardest one for there isn't much of a development to see and hence the following question to the GT knowledgeable blokes out there: How long has the shortest flowering pheno gone?

orfeas
I’m no golden tiger expert, having found a keeper with first seed that was female, original F1stock.
Eleven weeks is nice but I prefer the end product when picked at ten weeks, this is under 11/13 cyclewith 600w metal halide.
At nine weeks it has looked ready but I waited, next run will be sampled at nine weeks.
When in doubt whack a lower branch to sample, these early samples are usually my favorite smoke.

Still adrift in Hilbert space.
I wood is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:25 PM #1657
YukonKronic

YukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

orfeas
I've seen her go to sleep for most of a week then push more for another week or ten days... look for all the calyxes to swell up and Amber trichs.... Anytime after ten weeks is usually good but letting them ripen till the bitter end gives more weight to the yield and the effect in my opinion..

This was Malawi dominant and optimum cut was around 12 to 12.5 weeks... I believe this pic was at around week 11.. it stalled except a few hairs here and there for weeks 11 thru 12 but resins just kept pumping up so I just kept leaving her.. eventually a power outage froze her causing me to cut a few days early but that's another story...
In my experience GT takes a bit of time while hairs wither and calyxes and resins swell. Not like say Zam which can "flash" ripen in like four five days sometimes.

Edit: didn't even really answer you... there's a ten week pheno that I believe carries rotten garbage terpenes iirc. Aside from that usually twelve to 14 weeks is more common I think. You said subtle mango for smell which leads me towards Malawi and probably a 12 week rather than 14 week finish.. just a guess really though...
YukonKronic is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:39 PM #1658
orfeas

orfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud oforfeas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by I wood View Post
I’m no golden tiger expert, having found a keeper with first seed that was female, original F1stock.
Eleven weeks is nice but I prefer the end product when picked at ten weeks, this is under 11/13 cyclewith 600w metal halide.
At nine weeks it has looked ready but I waited, next run will be sampled at nine weeks.
When in doubt whack a lower branch to sample, these early samples are usually my favorite smoke.
Thanks I wood!
whacking one for a "lab test" is what I always do and most attempts are telltale... them sats can be pretty treacherous though since some unveil their quality much later after long curing...
By the way, she's illuminated by 600W HPS plus 315W CDM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonKronic View Post
I've seen her go to sleep for most of a week then push more for another week or ten days... look for all the calyxes to swell up and Amber trichs.... Anytime after ten weeks is usually good but letting them ripen till the bitter end gives more weight to the yield and the effect in my opinion..

View Image
This was Malawi dominant and optimum cut was around 12 to 12.5 weeks... I believe this pic was at around week 11.. it stalled except a few hairs here and there for weeks 11 thru 12 but resins just kept pumping up so I just kept leaving her.. eventually a power outage froze her causing me to cut a few days early but that's another story...
In my experience GT takes a bit of time while hairs wither and calyxes and resins swell. Not like say Zam which can "flash" ripen in like four five days sometimes.

Edit: didn't even really answer you... there's a ten week pheno that I believe carries rotten garbage terpenes iirc. Aside from that usually twelve to 14 weeks is more common I think. You said subtle mango for smell which leads me towards Malawi and probably a 12 week rather than 14 week finish.. just a guess really though...
Oye Yukon, I hear you on the withering and swelling bit, mate! It's coming on alright yet so tantalisingly slow
By the looks of it, I reckon she'll take at least two good weeks...
you say Malawi leaning, them long pistils remind me of Thai phenos...but then it's just a guess since I haven't seen that many individuals...
Anyhow, here are some close ups so you guys can get a better picture of the dame.

orfeas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110008.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	488595 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110010.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	173.9 KB
ID:	488596 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1110011.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	488597

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:00 PM #1659
YukonKronic

YukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to beholdYukonKronic is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Thanks I wood!
whacking one for a "lab test" is what I always do and most attempts are telltale... them sats can be pretty treacherous though since some unveil their quality much later after long curing...
By the way, she's illuminated by 600W HPS plus 315W CDM...

Oye Yukon, I hear you on the withering and swelling bit, mate! It's coming on alright yet so tantalisingly slow
By the looks of it, I reckon she'll take at least two good weeks...
you say Malawi leaning, them long pistils remind me of Thai phenos...but then it's just a guess since I haven't seen that many individuals...
Anyhow, here are some close ups so you guys can get a better picture of the dame.

orfeas
Ooooo that looks freakin goood... I can't wait for a smoke report! Two weeks sounds about right... maybe more. Yours probably is more Thai than my last one was as I definitely think mine was more ripe at this stage. Post 1572 in this thread shows my Malawi dom at ten weeks. Judging by that yours could maybe go 14? I dunno... I like mine pretty Amber. I thought mango smell was a Malawi trait but I guess that don't mean much to flowering time!

I have 2 GT that I just flipped a few days ago I hope I get a little more Thai in my next selection... probably going to make seed w/2 I have regardless of sex... I can't help pollen chucking now!
YukonKronic is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:09 PM #1660
Ncali

Ncali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to beholdNcali is a splendid one to behold
Man you guys crush it! Nice plants.

The golden tigers and some, not all, of her offspring do the flowering pause and renegize and restart new calyx production thing. I have only ever bred with a gen 1 male tho. Ive grown a small population from three generations of golden tiger and that is a uniform trait. I have found that by letting some individuals go past what you think may be "ripe" you can discover she wants to continue bud formation and starts up with a new burst of calyx and pistil.

From my experience, this adds dimensions to the effects. You get part of the bud that is new new new with a thc profile closer to like an unripe plant and buds with older more mature complete thc profile. Its a very profound broad spectrum experience in golden tiger. That for me was something i found really cool, you can add like a layer or edge to the effect by harvesting right after a new spurt of growth, or while she is paused before a spurt of growth, and totally change the consumption experience. That is so fucking cool and unique. It can change from plant individual to individual. There is a lot to look at for me still, many beans and crosses to comb through. I have my favorites, and GT is one. For people searching for sativa/nld/tropical cannabis i can recomend gt always with only one caveat: it can ve very strong cannabis in one effect or another. Thats a little of my experience.

think orfeas your girl looks like a nice hybrid type. Not wispy like some of the thai girls, good resin like malawi girls. Iunno, dubi might have a different opinion.

Great plants all around, thank you all for sharing. I really wnjoy reading peoples experience with her. Everytime i share this plant with people its a unique experience for consumption. For me thats true for growing. Hard to make her perfectly happy, but its worth the effort to try. Shes a cool girl.

Much love

NC
Past Grows:
Ace-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post8157739

Ncali is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.