Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Spring gamble

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Spring gamble Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2019, 10:23 PM #1
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Spring gamble

We had a nice looking weather forecast a few days ago so I soaked 20 seeds (10 of purple and 10 of diesel) and saw 19 tails this morning so I planted them with some snow peas in some containers on my roof. Depending on how the spring goes and how the seeds do, I might dep them if they're big enough after the peas are done producing, which is usually towards the end of May.
Stay tuned to this virtual space for possible photos of dirt or maybe even sprouts in the near future.
PDX Dopesmoker is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:18 PM #2
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivorMJPassion is a survivor
Best of luck.
Hope the gamble pays off.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 07:40 PM #3
redlaser

redlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivorredlaser is a survivor
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Should produce something unless a hard freeze is still possible. Bet they could handle 27-28 degrees, for sure with a little blankie overnight.

Should be flowering from the time of planting due to short days it seems. I’ve got a group of various heights going out 4/1 for sixty days to get free 12/12 lighting, might need to dep them for the last week or two to insure flower.
redlaser is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 09:27 AM #4
PDX Dopesmoker

PDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond reputePDX Dopesmoker has a reputation beyond repute
Heres what it looks like so far

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:43 AM #5
Ibechillin
Research Enthusiast

Ibechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant futureIbechillin has a brilliant future
I planted 42 freshly germinated seeds into quart pots of soil in my half assed non heated or sealed greenhouse last year on march 23rd and it snowed that night and the next day/night, was surprised I only lost 1 seed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
For almost 50 years I've smoked weed to enhance reality, not to escape from it...
Playing around outdoors again (current grow 2019 starts on post #75):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Science Of Lighting & Plant Reactions (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358147

Drying and Cure Process Explained In Depth (Sticky Thread):

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358186

Pot Size, Root system and maximizing growth thread:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Humic and Fulvic acid information:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352265

Ibechillin is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:38 PM #6
PDX Dopesmoker

I got one

Look at how strong my little sprout is lifting all that heavy dirt all by itself!

Its a diesel

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 08:39 AM #7
Iman_Iffigai

Iman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really niceIman_Iffigai is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
I got one
View Image

Look at how strong my little sprout is lifting all that heavy dirt all by itself!
View Image

Its a diesel
You got this PDX!
Sending some good dopesmokin vibes your way from BC
Iman_Iffigai is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 09:34 AM #8
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
I just put out some seed to see what happens. I made a bunch of seeds of a cross last year and have more than I’ll ever get around to planting so I decided to do an experiment. We’re still cold here, can get frosts till early May (snowed night before last).

Occasionally I get volunteers come up in my outdoor patches where I’ve done some pollinations. I cull them as I don’t know what they are and there may be a chance they’re from a hermie. I planted 20 of those seeds in a pot and put them on the patio to see if any, or how many come up. Still have a month and a half of cold but hopefully they sprout when the conditions are right.

Good luck with your venture pdx.
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 07:59 PM #9
'Boogieman'

'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of'Boogieman' has much to be proud of
I always wait until April, good luck.
'Boogieman' is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:40 PM #10
PDX Dopesmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boogieman' View Post
I always wait until April, good luck.
Last year I waited until May for the seeds I had survival concerns about. Spring in western Oregon seems to come pretty late most years, so hopefully some brutal outdoor conditions come along and weed out any weaklings in this batch, cause I got a bunch of sprouts now and enough seed of both kinds remaining that I'd be much obliged to the Thor, Zeus and the rest of the weather gods if they'd do me the favor of killing the sissies before they get a chance to reproduce.
8 of purple and 9 of diesel have come up so far.

4 members found this post helpful.