Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > *PETITION* for DJ Short to Begin Release of ROSEBUD Seeds:

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are you someone who would buy Rosebud, with it having an extremely low yield?
Of Course 120 85.71%
No way/ Never 20 14.29%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

*PETITION* for DJ Short to Begin Release of ROSEBUD Seeds: Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 AM #171
TheSg

TheSg will become famous soon enoughTheSg will become famous soon enoughTheSg will become famous soon enough
RoseBud description from old spice of life catalog.
This plant is grown mainly for it’s wonderful aesthetic value. The floral scent is unmatched anywhere in nature. The tops actually form a rose bloom shape from leaves that turn bright red and then
fade to yellow. There is very little harvestable bud on these plants, the worst yielding I have ever grown! What there is to harvest is remarkable in it’s uniqueness. It has a bit of a rough bite, until
cured for several months… Then it is as smooth as good chocolate. I doubt this bud will ever see the commercial market. It would have to be crazy expensive. One large 7 foot plant yielded 60
grams last year. It has taken awhile to find the matching male, but it is done!

Yield Indoors: dismal
Yield Outdoors: dismal
Flowering Period Indoors: 50 days
Finishing Time Outdoors: mid Oct. 50°N

Spice of Life-Catalogue

description says, Leaves that turn red and fade to yellow, like the red afghan and yellow afghan used in the shishkaberry lineage.
Was Rosebud a kish cross ?
after all if Dj Made it Rosebud while working with the spice of life company where they also made shishkaberry then it is possible right ?
Some phenotypes of shishkaberry are to die for.
TheSg is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 02:01 PM #172
Limeygreen

Limeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to beholdLimeygreen is a splendid one to behold
Steve said that the mother of rosebud is a favorite of his, she was a selection of flo so if dj were to do a pure flo selection to mate females and males for a pure rose flo i think that is what we're all after, at least I am.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:49 PM #173
Ras Pablo

Ras Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud ofRas Pablo has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeygreen View Post
Steve said that the mother of rosebud is a favorite of his, she was a selection of flo so if dj were to do a pure flo selection to mate females and males for a pure rose flo i think that is what we're all after, at least I am.
What about the ancient Flodica?
Ras Pablo is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 11:53 PM #174
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ras Pablo View Post
What about the ancient Flodica?

Its a indica dominant rare flo line.

Now speaking of rose...
Rose scent, puny yields, and look at the growth structure... Ill be discussing and testing her with Dj. Making some seeds to see how the offspring turn out as well. Stay tuned, if Dj approved, who knows, maybe she will make a comeback.

Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 03:55 AM #175
therevverend

therevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant futuretherevverend has a brilliant future
Wow Miraculous Meds that's a scraggy leafy, runty thing. I understand the love affair those kind of special unique very inbred purple strains are my favorite cannabis in the world. They're hard to clone, sickly, low yielding, most commercial growers can't stand them. One of those strains stole my heart at 20, broke my heart when she got so scraggy and sickly I couldn't clone her anymore. I've never found another as good as my first one. All the seeds ended up being scrags or duds.

I love rose terpenes, I've found them in a few different strains. There's something about those type of plants, some of them I feel are sacred, really special.

As to whether I'd want this particular strain, that's a hard one. I'm a sucker for these types but they're heartbreakers. I'd like to have some real shishkaberry seeds, one of the strong big yielding kick ass lines. Barney's Farms has some seeds but no idea what to think of them. Maybe I shouldn't but it's tempting. It's crazy how that strain came along, kicked ass for a few years, then vanished. No idea how my buddy with the 8 foot tall, pounds a plant raspberry pheno lost it. Damnit.

But Shishk, as great as it is, doesn't have that sacred feel the rose purple has. It's almost worth to have just for breeding, see if you can nurse a bigger yielding, true breeding strain with all the good elements and some of the bad elements. But that's how she breaks your heart. It almost seems like the best parts are genetically linked with the scraggyness.
therevverend is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:57 AM #176
420empire

420empire has a spectacular aura about420empire has a spectacular aura about420empire has a spectacular aura about420empire has a spectacular aura about420empire has a spectacular aura about
Really nice MM.!! How is the Rose scent? Is it the Turkish rosewater or more like wild roses? As Rev says, maybe an outcross with a bigger yielder not so dominant could pass on the scent and bring down the small yield. Imagine dry sift from a heavy rose scented strain!
Other then that maybe a cross to RoseFLO or vitality coule buff up things.
Really hope you are getting this project op and going. PLZ make a grow thread dedicated to this..if u have the time
420empire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.