Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Advise Needed Leaf Issues After Re-pot!

Thread Title Search
Advise Needed Leaf Issues After Re-pot! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2019, 04:24 PM #11
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Yeh man but you wont really know whats going on in it unless you can test it..

I found this really useful tbh..

https://www.enviromonitors.co.uk/shop/soilstik-2105

I dont plant in a mix unless the pH is reading around 6.3-6.5

You want about a cup of buffer per cubic foot of none buffered material.. just less than one in imperial cups..

Id advise using more lime or oyster flour than dolomite in that cup of buffer/cuft example because you want significantly more calcium than mg in your mix or you can get problems..

Others add a 1/3 cup of gypsum also which upps that Ca:mg ratio further..

There are good recipes on IC..
Lost in a SOG is online now Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 06:28 PM #12
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvondon View Post
Thank you, I will do that as soon as they need a drink!
And yet, time is of the essence. They can take another early light feeding/watering before that.

The thing is that it mellows the soil out a little by raising P and K relative to N.

It will buy you some time until the new soil arrives, because it will also have to have a little time before it's mixed, hydrated and mellowed out.
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 05:48 PM #13
Bonvondon

Bonvondon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in a SOG View Post
Yeh man but you wont really know whats going on in it unless you can test it..

I found this really useful tbh..

https://www.enviromonitors.co.uk/shop/soilstik-2105

I dont plant in a mix unless the pH is reading around 6.3-6.5

You want about a cup of buffer per cubic foot of none buffered material.. just less than one in imperial cups..

Id advise using more lime or oyster flour than dolomite in that cup of buffer/cuft example because you want significantly more calcium than mg in your mix or you can get problems..

Others add a 1/3 cup of gypsum also which upps that Ca:mg ratio further..

There are good recipes on IC..
That soil pH meter looks really good. Its pricey but you get what you pay for! Thank you for link dude and for your time and help. I have the new soil now so going to repot all the plants as carefully as I can and lesson learnt!
Bonvondon is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 05:50 PM #14
Bonvondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
And yet, time is of the essence. They can take another early light feeding/watering before that.

The thing is that it mellows the soil out a little by raising P and K relative to N.

It will buy you some time until the new soil arrives, because it will also have to have a little time before it's mixed, hydrated and mellowed out.
Thank you for the sound advice, once I repot them in a few hours I will give them a light feed on an organic PK booster as you mentioned. I will only give them 1ml per litre and see what happens.

Thanks again for your time and advice dude. I will take some pics in a week and see whats what then.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:27 AM #15
Bonvondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post

Hi guys, ok so now its been over a week since i have repotted and the plants are not doing so well. I should be repotting them now but when i look there are hardly any roots going into the fresh new soil that i put them in over a week ago! It looks like the roots are stunted along with the plants and they are drinking a lot of water. I have never come across this type of issue before and now I am wondering if it was just the dolomite lime that did this as maybe I put too much rockdust and neem meal and kelp meal in on top of the DL. Im totally gutted tbh im now six weeks in and i dont know what to do lol, do i repot and keep vegging or repot and flower and see if things calm down with another repotting up into 12 litre pots? So today i took clones of all the plants and my hope now is that they root and i can restart the whole process with these as long as the issues do not carry through somehow. They were all pretty healthy clones.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you

Old 03-27-2019, 11:06 AM #16
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really niceCreeperpark is just really nice
My suggestion is always up-pot to the same soil as the starting soil! Those plants were doing well with that starting soil, until you changed it. "They're methods to change soils during a grow", but the fastest, easiest, transition is to stay in the same starting soil. That way the plant is already adjusted to the soil. Also, I never throw handfuls of anything in a professional soil mix!
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 03-27-2019, 11:52 AM #17
TanzanianMagic

TanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really niceTanzanianMagic is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonvondon View Post
Hi guys, ok so now its been over a week since i have repotted and the plants are not doing so well. I should be repotting them now but when i look there are hardly any roots going into the fresh new soil that i put them in over a week ago! It looks like the roots are stunted along with the plants and they are drinking a lot of water. I have never come across this type of issue before and now I am wondering if it was just the dolomite lime that did this as maybe I put too much rockdust and neem meal and kelp meal in on top of the DL. Im totally gutted tbh im now six weeks in and i dont know what to do lol, do i repot and keep vegging or repot and flower and see if things calm down with another repotting up into 12 litre pots? So today i took clones of all the plants and my hope now is that they root and i can restart the whole process with these as long as the issues do not carry through somehow. They were all pretty healthy clones.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thank you
One way to salvage the old plants is to take off all the new soil, and repot them in mainly perlite. And then give them some flowering food.

That way they'd have a chance to grow new roots.

Last edited by TanzanianMagic; 03-27-2019 at 01:43 PM..
TanzanianMagic is offline Quote