Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > kind led

Thread Title Search
kind led Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2019, 06:00 PM #11
Platinumtitty

Platinumtitty will become famous soon enoughPlatinumtitty will become famous soon enough
How these doing for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Definitely it's time to switch to leds.
But not to Kind leds, there are far better options around.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
Well, I have been using these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...2161/302456569. My results have been very good for me.
I'm interested in the actual output. It says 400 equivalent. What is the actual output of em?
Platinumtitty is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 07:32 PM #12
Douglas.Curtis
Autistic Diplomat in Training

Douglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond reputeDouglas.Curtis has a reputation beyond repute
Good point, since any UL or similar rated product will have a label somewhere stating this. Exact watts, amps and the base voltage it's wired for.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 PM #13
Platinumtitty

Platinumtitty will become famous soon enoughPlatinumtitty will become famous soon enough
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Good point, since any UL or similar rated product will have a label somewhere stating this. Exact watts, amps and the base voltage it's wired for.
Yeah man. 18 K lumens sounds pretty dope for 100 buck and its led. If you want something ive found super helpful amd for less money you can always get a Vero 29 ($28.00) a driver from Amazon @ 1500 m.a ($13.99) and either a passive heatsink from rapid led ($19.00) or get ya a arctic alpine 11 plus ($19.00). Personally I would go passive because ive had fans fail, and when they do, so do your leds.
Platinumtitty is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2019, 08:09 PM #14
Lost in a SOG
~~ex Atlantean~~

Lost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant futureLost in a SOG has a brilliant future
Grow proven LEDs also have better tailored spectral output vs any old white led..

Our eyes cant detect when the high quality blue and red light falls off because we are so sensitive to green light..

Seems like a rookie mistake to me but who knows..
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM #15
D3pthCharg3

D3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really nice
Have run and sold Kind LEDs in the past; have a grow, own a growshop. As a couple posters have stated, there are MUCH better options. 1.) Please, I beg you all, go full spectrum. Look to nature if you need to, does the sun glow pink, blue, etc.. 2.) Call KIND and ask them what their umol(PAR)/watt is? They probably won't tell you because it is only slightly better than an HPS...basicly this means...how much (usable) light per watt...if its not usable light its unusable light or heat. In KINDS case its both. Unfortunatly, you cannot duct the LED like an HPS...sooooo, a lot of heat and unusable light, which translates to shitty yields. Id love to meet a KIND grower that breaks 2 per 4x4, using only KIND leds. 3.) Look into quantum board LEDs; the future is now. Specifically Horticulture Lighting Group, or HLG. It's the ONLY lights I sell now, I've completely done away with bulbs...HPS, MH, CMH, DE, T5 etc...If you were thinking of using LEDs, do yourself a favor and forget about KIND (They are also difficult when warranty becomes an issue too).

You are where you have always been. -Bagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi

The problem is people are being hated when they are real, and being loved when they are fake. -Bob Marley

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain

I am loving awareness -Ram Dass
D3pthCharg3 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-15-2019, 04:10 PM #16
D3pthCharg3

D3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really niceD3pthCharg3 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetJ138 View Post
I'm running the KIND k5 x750 in a 4x4 tent, and my plants seem to love it.

Picked it up used on ebay locally for under 600, and its been smooth sailing with my 1st indoor grow. You can put your hand like an inch away from the LED's and hardly feel any heat at all.

Glad your grow is going well...For next time, perhaps, an HLG 300 would have cost similarly new. KIND is fairly outdated technology in LED world. Take a temperature of the top of the light...Thats where heat goes; up.

You are where you have always been. -Bagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi

The problem is people are being hated when they are real, and being loved when they are fake. -Bob Marley

Be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. -Mark Twain

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. -Mark Twain

I am loving awareness -Ram Dass
D3pthCharg3 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:02 AM #17
djibra

djibra will become famous soon enoughdjibra will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw44 View Post
Has anyone used kind led. i seen a video of a commercial grow in co. Looks like its time to switch to led.
they are not good..chinese quality
djibra is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.