Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2019, 03:58 AM #3611
Mick

Mick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant future
Hey Tang, yeah, they work great.
Got some 3 week aged Malawi cob that's pure bliss. Imo, cobbing produces a product that's almost in it's own drug category. It seems to get rid of the edginess and replace it with as much bliss as you can handle
Mick is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 10:59 AM #3612
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Hey Tang, yeah, they work great.
Got some 3 week aged Malawi cob that's pure bliss. Imo, cobbing produces a product that's almost in it's own drug category. It seems to get rid of the edginess and replace it with as much bliss as you can handle
My thoughts exactly brother from your description I can tell you hit the nail on the head with that cure.
That is exactly what your looking for and it is a different drug effect from buds as you say.

Its much more refined and intense when you use the right pot grown properly, harvested at the correct time and most importantly cured the right way.
Getting all those criteria right is the sign of a true cannabis connoisseur you are joining an elite group my friend.
It seems there are not many around your job is to now spread the word and turn on as many people as you can to the correct way.
Hats off to you my friend.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:41 PM #3613
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
I just opened up a cob that's been sealed for 3 or 4 weeks...the smell has strong hints of fresh hash, I like it a lot!

If your cobs do not develop a strong deep aroma that's closer to hash than bud, then try again!
Fermented is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-16-2019, 01:47 PM #3614
Fermented

Fermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really niceFermented is just really nice
It seems to get rid of the edginess and replace it with as much bliss as you can handle

Exactly! Cobs aren't stronger as such, they just have a better high..more substantia. When I smoke bud now I sometimes become a little scattered in my thoughts and my brain is a little more blurred than I prefer.

The high from cobs are way better, I get as high as phuck while still being an intelligent adult as opposed to getting high from bud when I become a teenager...the more I smoke cobs, the less I like to smoke bud.

the high from bud is like slamming beers, the high from cob is like drinking a really good wine.
Fermented is offline Quote

Old 03-16-2019, 10:47 PM #3615
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
It seems to get rid of the edginess and replace it with as much bliss as you can handle

Exactly! Cobs aren't stronger as such, they just have a better high..more substantia. When I smoke bud now I sometimes become a little scattered in my thoughts and my brain is a little more blurred than I prefer.

The high from cobs are way better, I get as high as phuck while still being an intelligent adult as opposed to getting high from bud when I become a teenager...the more I smoke cobs, the less I like to smoke bud.

the high from bud is like slamming beers, the high from cob is like drinking a really good wine.
I agree there is nothing wrong with well cured dried buds but for smooth smoking on the lungs and a deeper more refined experience an aged well cured piece of cob has that something special that jar cured can never have.
I think its like course moon shine compared to an aged bourbon

Old 03-17-2019, 07:15 AM #3616
Mick

Mick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant futureMick has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
I agree there is nothing wrong with well cured dried buds but for smooth smoking on the lungs and a deeper more refined experience an aged well cured piece of cob has that something special that jar cured can never have.
I think its like course moon shine compared to an aged bourbon
Hey guys, I think it's the difference between a giggle and rapture
Mick is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 05:21 AM #3617
Miasa Mura

Miasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really nice
Awesome thread! Canít wait to give this a try with the Swazi Gold Iím growing.

Has anyone ever gotten their cob tested for potency, mold or terpenes?

After looking into the fermentation of Pu-erh tea, aspergillus niger is the primary agent of fermentation. Iím curious if this is the same agent in the fermentation of cannabis. Any insights are greatly appreciated!
Miasa Mura is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 09:19 PM #3618
Tangwena

A few people have had there cobs tested none had mold the THC ect was only marginally increased the changes are in the maturity of the resins terps and oils it doesn't boost the amount of THC.

It does change the way it effects you if the cure is done correctly it takes a bit of practice, although some members have been getting it right from day one.

Most people in tune with their plants transition very quickly to this method. Its really quite simple and a lot of fun after the joy of growing the plant.

I grew Swazi from CBG and the effects were great curing it this way great weed for concentrating on work even the dullest chores became very interesting and fun to do.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM #3619
Miasa Mura

Miasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really niceMiasa Mura is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
A few people have had there cobs tested none had mold the THC ect was only marginally increased the changes are in the maturity of the resins terps and oils it doesn't boost the amount of THC.

It does change the way it effects you if the cure is done correctly it takes a bit of practice, although some members have been getting it right from day one.

Most people in tune with their plants transition very quickly to this method. Its really quite simple and a lot of fun after the joy of growing the plant.

I grew Swazi from CBG and the effects were great curing it this way great weed for concentrating on work even the dullest chores became very interesting and fun to do.
Hey Tangwena!

Thank you for the feedback! Iím really excited about this method. Canít wait to share it with all my grower friends and see if I can get people around here doing some cobbing

Iím a big fan on focused, trippy ganja! Glad to hear that the Malawi Cob method enhances these qualities.

Iíll post my cob cure once itís around that time for the Swazi Gold.

Thanks again!
Miasa Mura is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:14 AM #3620
hard rain

hard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to beholdhard rain is a splendid one to behold
I recently found a small cob of oldtimers purple haze that I must have lost a year ago. Ate a small piece this morning and am still really high about 5 hours later.

Also growing ace Ethiopian which I am keen to cob when they are ready.
hard rain is offline Quote