Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > 2000w 8x8 Perpetual Stadium Soil

Thread Title Search
2000w 8x8 Perpetual Stadium Soil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2019, 03:20 AM #11
smilley

smilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of light
smilley is offline Quote

Old 03-13-2019, 01:54 PM #12
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
Well then.....Let`s just see if we can keep yas from makin too many of those "lessons learned " errors up front so your run although perpetual will be as hiccup free as possible.....now....

5 x 8 would be perfect for 2-1k`s with the stadium shelves on the 8' lengths so the distance for proper light penetration sideways is cut down to only 30" instead of 48 and believe me proper watts per sq ft is paramount in importance to top shelf quality nuggage , ESPECIALLY if it`s all for personal consumption so you can get the best of the best for each and every usage you have for end result product.....so now 12/12 from seed perpetual.....

Quite an undertaking with a fairly large learning curve to find strains/varietals that will jump up and produce anything worth harveyin in a 10 week period from birth since the bloom room keeps on runnin with perpetual plantings of plants @ different ages , so my best advice would be to concentrate on Sativa/thin-leaf dominant "hybrids" that will finish in 10 weeks to keep the perpetual wheel rollin and make somethin worth havin once hung , dry , and ready for consumption or processing….. aight....nuff outta my old ass this day....just tryin ta help from all those yrs....

Peace....DHF.....

Old 03-14-2019, 02:10 PM #13
Imma Bri

Imma Bri will become famous soon enoughImma Bri will become famous soon enoughImma Bri will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunHav`nFun View Post
Well then.....Let`s just see if we can keep yas from makin too many of those "lessons learned " errors up front so your run although perpetual will be as hiccup free as possible.....now....

5 x 8 would be perfect for 2-1k`s with the stadium shelves on the 8' lengths so the distance for proper light penetration sideways is cut down to only 30" instead of 48 and believe me proper watts per sq ft is paramount in importance to top shelf quality nuggage , ESPECIALLY if it`s all for personal consumption so you can get the best of the best for each and every usage you have for end result product.....so now 12/12 from seed perpetual.....

Quite an undertaking with a fairly large learning curve to find strains/varietals that will jump up and produce anything worth harveyin in a 10 week period from birth since the bloom room keeps on runnin with perpetual plantings of plants @ different ages , so my best advice would be to concentrate on Sativa/thin-leaf dominant "hybrids" that will finish in 10 weeks to keep the perpetual wheel rollin and make somethin worth havin once hung , dry , and ready for consumption or processing….. aight....nuff outta my old ass this day....just tryin ta help from all those yrs....

Peace....DHF.....
That's a lot of good help.

I am pretty sure this time around we went with Sativa Dominant ladies, except 1, i think.

We will be reducing the space, and it would be great if we could figure out how to attach the 2 x 8's to the posts of the tent so the pots could hang. But I think that will be a work in progress, however, that is the ultimate plan. 3 rows of pots on the wall down to the floor, on 3 sides of the tent.

Great advice, totally good stuff.

We are still working on the cooling. I think it's best to have the A/C in place in case the weather wants to be warmer than normal for the area.

Will be posting new pics as soon as we make some changes!
Imma Bri is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 12:36 AM #14
DunHav`nFun

DunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud ofDunHav`nFun has much to be proud of
I wouldn`t trust those dinky ass metal pipes to hold 2 x 8`s or any other type built shelves......Spend a lil and go get those chrome open and adjustable kitchen pantry shelves with wheels for ease of access and ability to work the plants front and back till they have to go back against the walls....or do as best you can as budget provides upgrade then , but plants in containers fully soaked get heavy as fuck and we don`t want yo lil tent collapsing now do we.........

My rooms were framed and built with 4 shelves on 4 sides with 4 levels for a total of 4 plants per shelf and 64 # 5 smartpots top fed DTW in coco....8 x 8 outside dimensions with 1' shelves making 6 x 6 interiors and 3-600 eye hortilux`s stacked on top of each other for a total of 50 watts per sq ft...…

I used lung rooms to provide perfect environment "outside" the grow areas and used air exchange twice per minute to suck in and pull out constant consistent cooled air.....now....At some point you`ll be discovering pheno`s that produce well in your setup and they`ll need to be cloned for future use cuz seedplants doin what you want in a decent timeframe are few and far between but they`re out there.....for instance....

I was gifted some Deathstar bx`s and they`re 2 weeks outta the ground with 3 and 4 nodes but the damn things ain`t 2-3" tall , and I doubt seriously if flipped they`d do triple or quadruple their height and finish at a whopping 12-16" tall much less amount to any yield whatsoever.....lol....aight... .Getchas some roll around shelving ftw and you`ll be well on your way to getting cranked up with this new project....anyways....

Keep up the good work and.....

Peace....DHF....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:46 PM #15
Imma Bri

Imma Bri will become famous soon enoughImma Bri will become famous soon enoughImma Bri will become famous soon enough
Okay. Been busy putting the nose to the grindstone.

Sprained my right hand and that slowed things down some, but even if i am stopped, i can't be stopped. You know that works even after death, right?

Reducing the room grow space area to about 6 x 8,and Panda paper will be up one side to increase reflectivity.

Filled the party cups today with Light Warrior and wet the soil. Will let that sit over night and then add seeds in the day.

I have read so many posts on seed germination, and the only thing I can say is that it was not worth the read.

To germinate seeds, use the mother nature method:

Drop in soil, cover slightly, water, forget about them.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:14 AM #16
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud ofItsmychoice has much to be proud of
it will be worth some built shelves. Weights add up and you are going to be all up in there managing these plants. I agree, you will want one side on wheels to get in there and work. The more you can set the plants up through stretch the better you will do.

Last edited by Itsmychoice; 03-31-2019 at 05:20 AM..
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

Old 03-31-2019, 04:16 AM #17
smilley

smilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of lightsmilley is a glorious beacon of light
Looking like a "house of cards". Sorry Imma Bri, I'd take Itsmychoice's advice and build the shelving right. One wrong move and it's all coming down. Break it into several sections and make it properly free standing. Castors would be nice too but make it solid. Shit happens in the garden, I know from experience.
smilley is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 08:34 PM #18
Imma Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilley View Post
Looking like a "house of cards". Sorry Imma Bri, I'd take Itsmychoice's advice and build the shelving right. One wrong move and it's all coming down.
This is post is the reason i took a hiatus from this grow journal.

Positivity and thinking bring results. Reactions simple do not.

The math:

Each pot weights 8lbs.

Each plank holds 7-8 pots. This means 56-64lbs.

The Top House of Cards = 250lbs +
The Bottom Row House of Cars = 200lbs+

House of Cards total weight = 450-500lbs.

It just was not worth my time to explain to people who TELL and do not ASK.

I can fall over the boards and it does not move a single inch. I have fallen over without issue. We climb into the center every 1-2 days without issue. The "Card Structure" is stronk.

It also helps to add a few 3" hex wood screws for stability when we take plants off.

But no one offered that.

Casters, and shelves, etc..etc.. That is great and all. It really is. But so many times people come to the forums and do this routine and they don't get constructive help, they get negative dooms day help.

Thus far with my return to Journaling i am told: Your house will burn down. And the set up is a house of cards. Okay.

Well, let the photos speak for themselves.

Continuing from where I left off.

Introducing the Ladies of the Journal stepping out of their seed shells with style.

[img]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=80465&pictureid=195183 2&thumb=1[/img]

Old 06-05-2019, 08:37 PM #19
Imma Bri

The House of Cards continues:

We had to redo the room a bit because I didn't like the stacked tubes and i wanted a better light distribution. We also added an A/C unit to the window and opened a door on the tent and made it a sleeve/collar thing - and it works.

Had to put the ladies in the living room - just a few of them there.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:40 PM #20
Imma Bri

The seeds sprouted on the 1st of April or so, and we started flowering on May 3rd, but because of a few issues with the Analog timer turning on poltergeist style on different occasions, the official start of the cycle is May 5th - without interruption.

We pulled some out to trim before flowering:

Blue Cheese, hence the blue-like tag

Amherst Sour Diesel: HUMBOLDT SEED ORG, good job.

3 of the Diesels were a little more nute hungrier, we fixed them a tea and they were good by the 2nd watering.