What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk: Tom Hill

G

first off a great big thank you to Dutchgrown for the beans, and to Tom Hill for making this wonderful strain

1189cured_Deep_Chunk.jpeg

see grow log:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=6027

reference on some other strains I gave scores to
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=4525 (third post down)

been smoking up the first 3 Deep Chunk ladies pretty good the last couple wks....at first individualy, trying to notice any difference in the 3
and even though they look a bit diff. they all have very similar smoke/buzz characteristics to go ahead and write about all 3 as one

smell:
not much, really gotta stick my nose in the jars to get a good whiff
kinda a light lavender mixed with orange peels...though the burned bud/ exhale smell is a very strong spicy smell

taste:
also not much
very sugary with a hint of real good blond hash
deceptive...because of the smooth easy smoke that expands in the lungs.
it can take some getting used to, if you don't want to cough up a lung after every hit

buzz:
ohh boy, where to start:
stronge pain killing/muscle relaxing effects...but without making me overly tired, unlike so many other strong indica based strains I've tried....I wouldn't call it a couch lock.....though i do find myself getting very absorb into doing whatever it is I'm focused in on for hrs on end

also so far I have yet to hit the buzz ceiling (meaning its been taking me as high as I wish to go...and then some with enough hits...and I'm a very heavy smoker of high end organic home grown for many yrs)

1 or 2 hits gets you going for awhlie
4-5 hits gets you chilling out focusing in on whatever for hrs
6 hits + in less then an hr...gets a bit trippy

overall scores out of 10
taste: 6 (very smooth, but I perfer a bit more flavor/bite with my smoke)
buzz: 9 (not ready/willing to give out my first 10...yet)

ease of growth: 5 (can see people going overboard with fertz...since the strain had rapid leaf degeneration during mid flower and is a slow Vegger, that needs its space with those large, thick top leaf canopy thats gonna need some real hid wts to penetrate...also been a bit filckle and very slow with the clone cuttings taking root)

yield: not gonna win any prizes, I've averaged around an OZ per plant of "dry cured bud only weight" (very heavy, dense resionous buds) (largest one was around 1.5 oz...smallest a little under .75 oz (I normally averge around 2-3 oz per seed grown plant grown under the exact same conditions and time line)

overall
definitely one I'm gonna try to keep around in my stash jars and for future grows...and should be a fun one to make a couple personal crosses with...to see what pops up

...I really hope I start seeing more Tom Hill strains at the seedbanks soon....

1189Deep_Chunk.jpeg

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Great report!

I love readin' these things! Thanks for takin' the time to put together such a well thought smoke report. It makes seed shop that much easier :D

peace

Plant Whisperer
Veteran
Great report maddog :joint:

Now I can’t wait to start growing my DC's :canabis:

Thank you for sharing you experience with us :D

G

excellent report maddog...and those buds look oh so inviting....I have some Tom Hill genetics myself which I still haven't grown out....Pine Tar Kush, gotta get to those for sure!

G

wow... tastey Maddog... Thanks for sharing.

Those bud shots look like she is something special.

G

I had the chance to smoke some DC and your report is spot on. A unique stone that has no comparision. I apreciate you taking the mystery out of Deep Chunk.

b_is_me

Awesome looking buds, great job and report. I have some cal jax seeds waitng from tomhill and i think its a three way with pinetar cush deepchunkand haze, I cant wait..

Okie grown

Veteran
Great plants! I got a couple deep chunk clones awhile back.Im getting ready to flower some clones off em soon.Hope thay look as nice as youres.Great work! OG

G

Mad
Nice report, Dude that nug on the left the purpley kinda dark one.
Looks fierce as i would describe it.. the other looks awesome too. But the other one looks like some good puff. Also what was the dry weight.? yield i heard was kinda low.. peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Wildcatsean

Thanks for this report...I was gifted some Deep Chunk made by a friend from Tom Hill's beans and was told that it was super earthy tasting...and that the potency couldn't touch hybrids like sensi star and others, due to the inbreeding...so I had planned on using DC solely as a breeding strain, but you've really got me interested and I think I'll try them in my next grow.

G

Yup I would have to concure with maddog on his smoke report. But if smoked in the morning, it's a day ruiner.

rTenenbaum420

I really enjoyed reading your smoke report. I've been wanting to grow and smoke this strain for a long time, and this has convinced me to finally do it.

greenjoe

I picked up some....back to the cong....from richard williams seed co.....
I had 10 seeds....had 10 growing...then i had a incident that put me in the hospital for a few days...yada yada yada....i ended up with 1 male..which is more of a sativia leaner.....
I should mention that back to the congo is a cross of Congolese sativa x tom hills DC
And i have 2 DC leaners...been vegging for like 7 weeks now
I will attempt to make clones next week......i live in canada....soooo...
I am trying to put pics up...but to no success