What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DANGER! GLASS WEED

AYA

trick, what do you mean by brick? skunk bricks?
We dont really have skunk bricks in france, it only concerns Thai and African...

G

How do you insert an image, I cant seem to figure it out. My german friend has a good pic of a glass bud I want to share but I cant get it to work. What do I do?

AYA

hey Dank1 i too was lost a little bit, its not the same system as overgrow though its similar : click on your "photo gallery" icon which appears at the bottom right corner of your posts and then on the page look at the up right corner and you'll see a "Upload photos" link just below the "Log out" one.

Sadly though i found out that you can't post high resolution pictures, the server resizes them to +/- 800*600...which is pretty useless in this case since we want macro shots.

If anyone wants 15meg TIFFS of my pix pm me.

peace

Last edited:

Tokabowl

Salut AYA!
Thanks for the info. Thank you also for this link : http://www.chanvre-info.ch great info there :yes:
Its good to see that NouvelObs got hold of the story, imo the BBC should grab hold of this too and spread the word. People are being hospitalized ffs...
There is a good closeup of this glass weed as the background of the Circ's warning page here : http://circnordest.free.fr/alertetoxique/test.htm . That's what it looks like under a magnifying glass or microscope. Ive had a good look at it with my scope the couple of unlucky times I conned... Hasnt always been quite a covered as this, but texture is very similar...
This is the pic:
9931glassweed.jpg

Grow your own!

Peace

Edit - This pic is the "kief" if you can call it so, obtained from this adulterated weed, lots of good pics of the shitweed in the link in Aya's post (#68)

Last edited:

AYA

Hey Tokabowl! :wave:

indeed its interesting to see that they mentioned the story sadly apart from that there hasnt been much mainstream coverage of the issue.
I'm gonna carry on scouring see who else picked this up...
Thanks for the circ website! :D
I added a non resized crop of one of the pix i shot below ; just like you mine isnt exactly like that, the powder on the one i got friday is greener...
More circ hirez photos there :

http://circnordest.free.fr/alertetoxique/dossier.htm

This is so fucked up!!!! its like selling meth for fuck's sake!!! :O

AYA

Oh and how could i forget,

TOoL rocks and so does Alex Grey! :sasmokin:

Everyone should get 10 000 days, if only just for the unique album case...

D

deathtosoapbar

Well im glad im not the only 1 here in the uk thats noticed this dodgy laced skunk, the first few times a dealer gave me this i smoked it not realizing exactly wot was up with it but after a few joints i had a pain in the neck and head and have since NEVER been able to breathe the same again, a fukin joke of a situation, u see here in the uk i had got round to the mentality years ago tht " at least im not smoking soapbar" and now we have to worry about laced skunk, ive come across 3 types of laced skunk over the last year or so -sand or wot appears to be sand covered buds, glass shards, and a particularly disgusting tasting sugary type tht smells like burnt sweets when lit (anyone come across this?) what makes me laff in total disgust and anger at our governments attitude towards cannabis is tht they spend their time arresting small growers and increasing sentences , while soapbar dealers are treated better getting less punishment and these cunts who are lacing skunk now are just making small personal growers look worse, the biggest joke of all is the uk government saying "CANNABIS CAUSES MENTAL ILLNESS" and people believe the fukin government the official truth is the reason there is so much mental illness is because of years of soapbar smoking destroying peoples health and minds and when sumone ends up at a mental hospital, the doctor asks do u smoke cannabis? the person replies yes, the doctor shud actually say "do u smoke soapbar" and theyd soon find tht it isnt the skunk but the soap tht is doing it ,and now these fukers who make soap are prolly involved in lacing our green with shite, sorry im ranting but i cud go on all day about this stuff as it angers me so much, grow on and beat these fukers! i think i better go have a joint of afghani#1! (and calm down lol)

M

mossy

Ah Guys..I have just noticed the thread..
We have just got that coated bud in Spain..and it is supposed to come direct from 'Dam.
You could see straight away that it had been coated. It tasted like powdered sugar free mint.
I was given a sample from a concerned friend. There was no way that I was going to smoke it...so I sacrificed it. :chin:
The only reason I could think that the coating was Put there was to bulk the bud out and add weight.
I tipped boiling water over the coated bud and left it for the powder to dissolve..
strangely..the un-coated bud looked like quality gear..and the weight drop on removal of the coating was negligible..
I couldn't figure out the scam.. :confused:
But after seeing you thread..I will warn friend..
Cheers :D

ive had 3 or 4 batches of this stuff, dealer said it was dam import, it was soft,spongy looked a real golden colour and caked in "crystals". i thought nice one fired the stuff up, had to smoke at least 4 joints to get off to sleep, have had chest infection and a headache thats been with me 3 weeks constantly since!!
i have given up buying street weed, i wont smoke it untill i can find a clean reliable source.

i think this is an absolute piss take and i urge everyone to return the shit to the dealer get your money back and never use him again, its safer for you to NOT smoke it at all than risk it, and end up with future health problems.

warn your friends, its the only thing you can do to stay safe.
bhudamaster.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ADMIN. PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!!! (someplace ppl can read it) dank u

thanks for the feedback all :wave:

Seems like there was real call for this thread after all... UK, France, Spain, Holland, Sweden, Germany... I n I pressume that folk in Italy are infected with this shit also.

This crap is quite clearly from the Netherlands (or from a source claiming Dutch origin)
either way 'shit stinks'.

STOP SMOKING THIS STUFF!!! IT IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!!!

peace out
dLeaf :joint:

sirstonealot

I have that stuff at the moment and have had it many times in the past, sorta gritty if you chew it.

I just throw away all the dust that falls throught the screen in my grinder and smoke the bud, I know it's not good for you but it's really dry here at the moment and has been for the past 6 months so you just take whatever you can.

PEACE S.S

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sirstonealot said:
I have that stuff at the moment and have had it many times in the past, sorta gritty if you chew it.

I just throw away all the dust that falls throught the screen in my grinder and smoke the bud, I know it's not good for you but it's really dry here at the moment and has been for the past 6 months so you just take whatever you can.

PEACE S.S

stop it now. plant some seed watch it grow... if/when babylom come, tell dem vampire dem dat mans is spreading phoney erb about town,,, case of growing ya own or catch a glass-fire pon ya lung!

peace out
dLeaf :joint:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
We secretly replaced Mr Ed's stash with sand, lets see if he notices.

081805SandMouth.jpg

AYA

LOOOL vérité :D

Doc, not everybody can grow the stuff...girlfriends, parents, neighbours etc

Well as far as i'm concerned i'll be spending a day in holland very soon since it is now more or less official, there is no more normal skunk available on the french market these days...
Morrocan hash has dramatically decreased quality and quantity-wise, there really is no point in smoking anymore unless you get your stuff in holland or grow yer own...

Its really a shame, the weed itself looks very good, very amsterdamey yet they fooking ruin it with their shit...

Bahhh i'll stop rambling now peace out!

Tokabowl

Just found this on erowid, alarming thing is the date : 11/17/2005, this has been going on a while :fsu:

Q: Is it true that some Dutch cannabis is cut with filler material in order to increase its weight and increase profits?

A: We recently heard about this for the first time. An Erowid crew member who was visiting the Netherlands had an interesting chat with a former coffee shop owner. He was told that the international demand for hydroponic "Buds from Holland" is enormous and that the shortage in the market is extreme. This seems to happen every year around this time but now the situation is more severe than ever.

He was told that in response to the shortage, vacuum sealed cannabis from the Netherlands is increasingly diluted with a still unidentified "greenish powder". According to the former coffee shop owner, the group of people who produce the adulterant have contacted most Dutch growshops already. The unknown powder is sold under the counter to growers.

The powder is supposed to be sprinkled on moist (not yet fully dried) cannabis. It absorbs moisture from the plant and then looks like THC crystals. After the buds and powder are fully dried they are vacuum-sealed, at which point it is difficult to detect that the filler material has been added. According to those who sell the material, it is possible to add 200 grams of the powder to a kilogram of cannabis.

The crew member was able to handle some of the mystery powder and view it under a microscope. It is described as looking like a bunch of tiny transparent soft crystals which swelled up and became perfectly round when water was added--as if it were a kind of powdered, water-absorbing gel. When the spheres were placed on a piece of tin foil and heated with a cigarette lighter they did not melt but burned.

We don't yet know what this material is, nor how widespread the problem is.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=3100

AYA

Hey Toka thanks a lot for that! :yoinks:

Its pretty clear now that Europe is oversmoking itself and can't grow enough under the actual legislation...well the good side is it proves that we're exponentially growing in numbers comrades! :dueling:

The description given by Erowid's friend seems to define the kind of lacing product i have scored a week ago ; very fine greenish powder.I tried to burn some it by putting it in tinfoil and heating and it ignited (ie became red hot) then became a dull grey ; it didnt burn nor really change the visible shape of the powder ; i really believe its non-organic and their diagnostic seems quite correct.
I'll try to see what happens when mixed with water and alcohol.

I can tell you from reading french forums that there's a *helluvalot* more holland-o-philes suddenly...Risk your health to lace or risk your freedom to cops, ladies and gentleman make your choice! :badday:

Last edited:
G

The situation is getting better in England but not by much, there are other tricks growers and dealers are using such as not actually drying the bud at all or spraying it to make it even wetter and heavier! needless to say i've had to throw quite a bit away that either has little white spores over it or has just gone rotten. I'm disgusted with the situation, the level some people stoop to for a bit of extra cash.

Latest posts

Latest posts