What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo

Congo black description sounds very close to compressed and fermented tropical sativa, it happens in Paraguay too, they grow huge quantities of sativas (varying quality), some is pressed and fermented producing a darker more narcotic kind of finished product.

does that not make the pot go all moldy?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
This strain looks really nice, i've been looking for something 70-80% or more sativa that i can grow indoors. How well does she do indoors?

High all,

She does very well indoors, 10-12 flowering time, bushy strucuture with medium internodes. She matures indoors with shorter size than panama or tikal.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
does that not make the pot go all moldy?

Yes, sometimes the very compressed paraguayan compressed bricks goes moldy, not very desirable or healthy smoke but if you had good contacts you can find good paraguayan weed, no so much compressed, it still has the flower appearance, they call it 'camaron' in Paraguay.

Weed must be very very dried and correctly cured before compress it, sometimes this kind of products are elaborated in tropìcal places and it's hard to avoid moisture in the process, mainly when they are working with such huge harvests.

that sounds like what i've been smokin for a while, african brick (probably from around west africa, somewhere in the stretch between nigeria and senegal), very compressed, sometimes has a bit of mold. i found, generally, if there are nearly no seeds, the brick tends to be drier, less likely to have mold on it, i think more seeds keeps the humidity inside the brick, maybe it's also that the brick with less seeds, comes from farmers who take more care of their crop/harvest (either case it still needs to be broken up and dried a bit before smoking, after being unwrapped).
the better brick, has a nice spicy taste, leaves an indian food like smell in a room when smoking inside.
have plenty of seeds i have accumulated, i should save most of them in a cool dry place, there maybe some extreme highs to be had from growing out the seeds, however they're probably untamed ridiculously long flowering sativas.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High ganjabrother,

Compressed weed is commoun product in many places around the world, mainly in Mexico, south america and africa.

Biggest production zone in Paraguay is around Pedro Juan Caballero, they grow many kind of different genetics, mainly sativas, the old best ones were related to the red south americans, now a big part of genepool has been crossed with skunks and other 'dutch' genes, sad thing.

I think you can find very interesting things in senegal and nigeria, senegalese sativas are quite fast flowering (10-14 weeks) and relative easy to adapt to northern zones. Nigerians usually need 14 weeks or more. Hope you can find something interesting in your seeds.

S

Seismic

Hola Dubi!
Got a pic of the Congo's for you.
Here they are at day 19 of veg, in pure coco, under a 400w cmh.

picture.php

I'll be sure to keep you updated on their progress.

Take care man:joint:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola Dubi!
Got a pic of the Congo's for you.
Here they are at day 19 of veg, in pure coco, under a 400w cmh.

I'll be sure to keep you updated on their progress.

Take care man:joint:

Lovely Seismic :smile:

They look short, healthy and branchy, nice structure for indoor growing. Hope you enjoy them!

S

Seismic

Thanks a lot dubi, im really excited about growing these, and so far they seem pretty easy to grow! Hopefully Ill have some nice sweet smelling sativa in no time.

S

Seismic

A little update on the congo's after being topped and tied down a bit, during day 25 of veg, with 2 confirmed females so far. The ladies are in the back.

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A little update on the congo's after being topped and tied down a bit, during day 25 of veg, with 2 confirmed females so far. The ladies are in the back.

Thanks for the update Seismic,

Im glad to hear you have 2 females there, looks like they are ready to flower.
Best wishes!

S

Seismic

dubi- So would you recommend flowering them in their 1gal containers until they show flower sites, then transplant into 2-3 gallon containers?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High Seismic,

If you havent got height restrictions then i'd re pot them in early flowering to maximize their growing and final yield.

B

BeAn

^^My five Congo plants, 4/5 males beheaded for pollen harvest, the girl now in her final pot to continue bloom....:D

S

Seismic

Here's my 3 congo's in day 3 of flower, the other was culled, as it was a male.

Congo#1 -not sure on sex
picture.php

Congo#2 -female
picture.php

Congo#3 -female
picture.php

Take everyone:joint:

B

BeAn

thanks man. Planning 2 hit purple kush, nepjam, nep-h.land, congo and anything else that grows pistils in the cab, gna separate the pollen and #1 n #3 have bin cloned n kept based on structure, adapability and vigour. :smile:

S

Seismic

Thanks superconducter:joint:

Here is a small update of them at day 6 of flower, they seem to really love coco, as they are growing really quickly.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts