What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3rd flowering week - yellow leaves - anything to worry about?

This plant is on it's third flowering week under 400W SPNA.
Its soilmix and im using biobizz three basic fertilizers (grow, bloom & topmax) on every other watering. Im watering this plant once every five days.

Here is two pictures about this plant. It seems like many yellow leaves here. Is it normal or something I should worry about?

I9LChf6.jpg

O5fvHVX.jpg

green-genes77

Veteran
I think it's likely that you're underfeeding and that this is compounded by a lack of root space, leading to a number of deficiencies. It's pretty early to have this level of chlorosis going on, but I wouldn't freak out.

I would skip a "plain water" day and feed twice in a row. It's almost certainly going to green her up a bit without throwing her diet out of whack and it might just get you back on track. However, getting some pH and PPM numbers via slurry test or at least runoff (a distant second best) would go a long way towards diagnosing and solving the problem.

I think it's likely that you're underfeeding and that this is compounded by a lack of root space, leading to a number of deficiencies. It's pretty early to have this level of chlorosis going on, but I wouldn't freak out.

I would skip a "plain water" day and feed twice in a row. It's almost certainly going to green her up a bit without throwing her diet out of whack and it might just get you back on track. However, getting some pH and PPM numbers via slurry test or at least runoff (a distant second best) would go a long way towards diagnosing and solving the problem.

Damn. I just watered today without nutrients. From now on I start using nutrients on every watering.
I also ordered PH drop tester today. However, I keep water standing atleast one day at watering can, but maybe it's not enough?

Are you saying my pot are too small? It is 11 litre fabric pot...

M

MagusMan

Damn. I just watered today without nutrients. From now on I start using nutrients on every watering.
I also ordered PH drop tester today. However, I keep water standing atleast one day at watering can, but maybe it's not enough?

your pot size is fine.you need to feed every watering hope you get it sorted.all the best with the rest of your grow...

green-genes77

Veteran

Nah, that's a fine size. The perspective made it seem a little smaller. You may find that you only need to feed 3 out of 4 waterings or something, it will all depend on the rhythm of the plant and how it responds to extra ions. I would feed twice in a row in the short-term though. As you realize, some non-feed waterings are important for maintaining a healthy soil and not congesting the root zone.

Letting your water stand before applying will mainly bring it to room temperature and allow gasses to sublimate. This includes oxygen, unfortunately. A $15 aquarium pump and aerator will solve that issue.

When you add nutrients, the pH can get really imbalanced, depending on whether you've got lots of anions or cations in the mix. That's where your pH testing is going to really make a difference. You may find that it isn't so much that you're underfeeding but that you're feeding at a pH that doesn't allow optimal uptake of ions by the plant.

Looks like you just need a couple of tweaks and you'll be killing it.

Nah, that's a fine size. The perspective made it seem a little smaller. You may find that you only need to feed 3 out of 4 waterings or something, it will all depend on the rhythm of the plant and how it responds to extra ions. I would feed twice in a row in the short-term though. As you realize, some non-feed waterings are important for maintaining a healthy soil and not congesting the root zone.

Letting your water stand before applying will mainly bring it to room temperature and allow gasses to sublimate. This includes oxygen, unfortunately. A $15 aquarium pump and aerator will solve that issue.

When you add nutrients, the pH can get really imbalanced, depending on whether you've got lots of anions or cations in the mix. That's where your pH testing is going to really make a difference. You may find that it isn't so much that you're underfeeding but that you're feeding at a pH that doesn't allow optimal uptake of ions by the plant.

Looks like you just need a couple of tweaks and you'll be killing it.

Thanks for good answer!

Last time I watered on thursday without nutrients, do do I wait now untill tuesday (5 days then from previous watering), or should I give water with nutrients sooner?

Okey, so when I got the pH tester, do I check the pH after adding nutrients to watering can? And second test from runoff?
Because a pH tester I ordered is an drop tester, so I cannot take pH value directly from soil.

Could be overwatering. Do you water too much?

Every 5 days now and like 2 liters per one 11 liters fabric pot.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
Do you visit your plants only every 5 days or why such a long interval? I would give them water more often but less in volume. Watering only when containers are light-weight!

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I grow in same potsizes.
At this stage I guess I water about 1½ liter every 3 day.
I give them nutrients wit every watering.

The most yellow leaves will probably die slowly., and can be removed when they turns more and more Brown.

Best luck bullebulle

Otherwise, a beautiful girl :woohoo:

P :smoke:

The most yellow leaves will probably die slowly., and can be removed when they turns more and more Brown.

Do the leaves recover after I give them nutrients with every watering now?

I mean if leaves are yellow, will they be yellow forever or start leaves turn green again?

Latest posts

Latest posts