What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gh waterfarm drip system info needed

M

MagusMan

hi icmag i was looking at a hydro system called a waterfarm

does anyone have info on how long drippers should be on for

ie 10mins every 1 hour or drip 24/7

using clay pebbles

any info would be excellent...

Thanks for looking

MagusMan...

Attachments

• 20160912 155838
    20160912 155838
    119.4 KB · Views: 38

MickFoster

I have grown in waterfarms before with great results. It's a recirculating deep water culture system and it stays on all the time. Not only does the nute solution come out of the drip ring, but it also aerates the reservoir at the same time. You can't shut it off.

It's a good idea to drill larger holes in the top section for the roots to get through. When I used waterfarms, the holes in the top chamber were quite small. Also you can remove the drip ring after the roots have reached the reservoir if you like and just run the air line from the air pump to an airstone in the bottom reservoir.

The only potential problem is keeping the temperature in the reservoir at 75 degrees or cooler. I used to put frozen water bottles in the res to keep the temps down.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

M

MagusMan

hey MickFoster thanks for the tips i have drilled more holes in the top res.
and i will be adding an airstone to the bottom res.

Thanks Oliver Pantsoff i will look into hygrozyme

Latest posts

Latest posts