What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help diagnose yellowing beauty

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The newer leaves are turning yellow, the veins in the middle are a light green.
Is it light bleaching from having my hood too close to the canopy or something else?
BTW I recently repotted her in black gold organic + perlite, Epsom salt, dolomite lime.

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Not an Indoor Grower ... just like plants ... looks to me you've shocked the shit out of this plant when you transplanted.

I 'm thinking you've put in lots too much Dolomite AND/OR Epsom Salts.

How much did you include along with Black Gold?

And ... what was the plant growing in previously?

troutman

Seed Whore
You may want to increase your feeding regiment ASAP.

BTW: Don't ever wait until that many leaves fade before asking for advice next time. :comfort:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not an Indoor Grower ... just like plants ... looks to me you've shocked the shit out of this plant when you transplanted.

I 'm thinking you've put in lots too much Dolomite AND/OR Epsom Salts.

How much did you include along with Black Gold?

And ... what was the plant growing in previously?

Same mix minus the epsom salt, I went very liberal with the lime/epsom @ a rate of 2 tbs of epsom per gallon of media as well as 1 tbs of lime per gallon.

I don't think I shocked her.

Cannabis is a great plant but at the same time people forget its just a weed and nit pick everything, I believe less is more, you can always correct a problem but you also can cause one.

You may want to increase your feeding regiment ASAP.

BTW: Don't ever wait until that many leaves fade before asking for advice next time. :comfort:

Will do, been busy dealing with life/problems lately so I haven't been showing as much love to my garden.

Thank you BTW, have a happy holidays my friend!

They look hungry..

Thank you, will hit her with more nutes.
Waiting for my pay check to grab an N heavy fert & some odds an ends

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you give N dont forgett to give Mg,S and Ca...

Should I pick up Calmag ? What do u recommend for ferts, i'm doing the KISS method with MaxiBloom but obviously it's not working as good or I'm not adding enough.

troutman

Seed Whore
Should I pick up Calmag ? What do u recommend for ferts, i'm doing the KISS method with MaxiBloom but obviously it's not working as good or I'm not adding enough.

No read my post above.

Just feed it regular fertilizer with nitrogen phosphorus and potassium.

MaxiBloom I bet doesn't have much nitrogen so use a little more than what you have been using. :tiphat:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That could also easily be heat/light stress.

What light and genetics?

No heat issues, my temps never go above 80. Usually my tent stays at 75 or lower.

But I did have my 600 watt HPS air cooled hood too close to the canopy I think so I had to raise it.

The genetics are Grape Fruit Kush from Next Generation. But they may have been mislabeled and there may be some sour diesel in the genes.

Pic of my tent

picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't really see any singular problem, but tell me again what you potted them in? It sounds like perfectly good organic medium, but looks like so much perlite your growing half in hydro. Then a whole load of Magnesium added for some reason, and the general taste of this thread is add more??

I don't mean to be rude, but I think you should trust that the compost you buy, doesn't need your personal touch. That just maybe they knew what they were doing. Organic is generally weak and grows lighter plants. Watering it down so much.. Then all that other stuff.. Your going to need a full range food like canna vega (I know nothing of your food, it could be fine) and it likely won't be your best ever grow. Think about more compost if you can.

Raising the light will give them less to do, and likely lead to better health. Do they get to sleep?

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't really see any singular problem, but tell me again what you potted them in? It sounds like perfectly good organic medium, but looks like so much perlite your growing half in hydro. Then a whole load of Magnesium added for some reason, and the general taste of this thread is add more??

I don't mean to be rude, but I think you should trust that the compost you buy, doesn't need your personal touch. That just maybe they knew what they were doing. Organic is generally weak and grows lighter plants. Watering it down so much.. Then all that other stuff.. Your going to need a full range food like canna vega (I know nothing of your food, it could be fine) and it likely won't be your best ever grow. Think about more compost if you can.

Raising the light will give them less to do, and likely lead to better health. Do they get to sleep?

That's a pretty big tote I put her in took about 3 bags of black gold, it has composted material & earth worm can castings in it. I added a 16 quart bag of perlite which is a very small bag. This mix showed me mag problems before that's why I amended with epsom, lime is just a preventative mesaure in case of cal problems.

I understand you're not trying to be rude but don't tell me it won't be my best ever grow - who are u to determine that? They can bounce back just as quick.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Dude its the light!

Way too close.. especially for this stage.. with a 600w you need a 24" hanging height minimum over smaller vegging plants.. they prefer nearly half the light intensity that full on flowering plants want.

Dont do anything to your mix just raise the light and dont stress em any more.. thats my opinion.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Dude its the light!

Way too close.. especially for this stage.. with a 600w you need a 24" hanging height minimum over smaller vegging plants.. they prefer nearly half the light intensity that full on flowering plants want.

Dont do anything to your mix just raise the light and dont stress em any more.. thats my opinion.

:yeahthats

troutman

Seed Whore
That light does seem way too bright for now. Like others said, do lift it up.

Another thing, fresh compost steals nitrogen before it's truly decomposed. So even though there's
some nitrogen being fed. It's being used by the bacteria,etc. in the final decomposition phase and
could in part be the reason your plants aren't fully green.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
It is definitely the light is causing the problem. I have done it many years ago. Every new grower wants to OD the plant with too much water and too much light.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
More peeps should get PAR meters imo, I got one earlier this year and it was one of the best investments ive ever made.. or at least lux meters and do some experimenting.. too many people are ironically stumbling around in the dark where light intensity it concerned.. :2cents:

T

Teddybrae

Oh yeah. Cannabis is a great plant. And yes I had forgotten it's just a weed and began nit-picking everything. Yes, less definitely is more in a crazy sorta Schizo way.
I admire your use of white space and bold text. It marks you as different to most posters here.
And congratulations! you are the first person ever on my blocked users list!

Cannabis is a great plant but at the same time people forget its just a weed and nit pick everything, I believe less is more, you can always correct a problem but you also can cause one.

Earache my eye

Just needs a good flush. Everything is out of whack with your media and feed after the repot. Flush with plain ph’d water, Miss a feed and then a nice even feed and they should pick up nicely. Maxibloom works fine by itself so once you level out the medium with a flush it should be ok.