What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of the great battle of powdery mildew

Ca++

High 70s to Low 60s at night. Depending how quick that happens, it could be quite a jump in RH. Plants don't really like swings like that, and indoors it's often not gradual. It wouldn't do much for plant health.

Many systemic sprays activate the plants own defenses, rather than provide one themselves.

Hearing problems through winter with -30 outside, It was surely in the house.

Mechanical air filtration can remove it from the air, if it is from outside the room. Doesn't even need to be hepa grade.

Photocatalytic filters can be used to really clean up inlet air. It's probably a waste of money though. Good plants don't get PM in a reasonable environment.

Ls2003

I’m having some issues with powdery mildew on my plants and I sprayed a young clone yesterday with a 1:3 mix of heavy cream and water but now the leaves are wilting. Does anyone know why this might be? I soaked the leaves until the mix was dripping off. Could over spraying be the cause or maybe using heavy cream instead of regular milk is the reason?

Ca++

Was it heavy cream, or a substitute. These days you get a lot of emulsifiers holding onto water, and preservatives in what looks like a dairy product.