What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Thanks Ibchillin
I am in the sticks for sure. I had planned to cut the bottom of the beds for a taproot to go down on the Bangi's although it can only go about a foot on my rocky ridge.

If it interests you, read through my wider pots or more soil thread. It relates heavily to dissolved oxygen in water/at the rootzone, the best size/shape of pots/holes to use for different strains, and explains the differences between their root systems types (strengths/weaknesses). IME a foot deep is all you need, over 16 inches deep is just wasted soil for MOST strains.

I saw some solar powered air pumps for ponds on Home Despot and I want to try one so I can keep the tubs full and just top off in late season. I have used actinovate microbe and fungi blend to fight the PM. I think if I get it in the soil early and continue foliar it will help. I also have some Goji and skunk clones getting ready to go out those are the ones I worry about most getting mushrooms.
Great info on day length I went out too early one year and it sucked.
happy growing:tiphat:

Solar powered air pump sounds sweet, roots love oxygen. Ive seen alot of people mention using car batteries to power water pumps to pull water from nearby streams as well. "An oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is a quote i saw on here in someones signature, dont wait until there is a problem and stay proactive instead of reactive to prevent. Goji OG is the best weed ive ever had and the seeds are like extinct now that Bodhi retired the father plant from that cross, awesome choice.

Rodehazrd

If it interests you, read through my Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding: thread in my signature. It relates heavily to dissolved oxygen in water/at the rootzone, the best size/shape of pots/holes to use for different strains, and explains the differences between their root systems types (strengths/weaknesses). IME a foot deep is all you need, over 16 inches deep is just wasted soil for MOST strains.

Solar powered air pump sounds sweet, roots love oxygen. Ive seen alot of people mention using car batteries to power water pumps to pull water from nearby streams as well. "An oz of prevention is worth a pound of cure" is a quote i saw on here in someones signature, dont wait until there is a problem and stay proactive instead of reactive to prevent. Goji OG is the best weed ive ever had and the seeds are like extinct now that Bodhi retired the father plant from that cross, awesome choice.
Thanks for the reply, I already read that and have ordered the shorty 65s for a test run. I am a little bummed with the Goji. 12 seeds and I got one female only five even sprouted from the pack. My worst start ever,I cut four clones and hoping for a good pheno all the Bangi came up and one was a twin.I usually get full germination or at least 90%.
I picked up on the mexican sats from Bodhi and may pop the Oaxacan and use one of the males to hit the Bangi with this summer for some stash seeds.Those Oaxacan's might be good in the short beds I will be washing my roots for a while after harvest to compare methods

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
That sucks with the low germ rate on the Goji, on the bright side could always make more with the males you have, could use pollen from all 4 males at once on a clone of the female to maintain the different phenotypes. There is a shortage of Goji right now Id be stocking up making tons of them!

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
5/16/2018 day 18 outdoors:

The first feeding on 5/8/2018 was not nearly strong enough, seedlings are very hungry!
Plants are a pale green and bottom leaves starting to yellow, gave double strength feeding today, hopefully not too strong.
(today 5/17/2018 no tip burn 24hrs later, i think were Gucci!)

Gave plants second feeding today:

5 gallons water
10 tablespoon Alaska fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 (2 tablespoon per gallon water)
5 tablespoon espoma liquid grow 2-2-2
5 teaspoon blu moon mega roots

Gave each plant the same 2 cups (1/2 liter) of feed water.

Bagseeds

picture.php

Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk in back now

picture.php

Last edited:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good I wish I got started when you did. When do you plan to transplant those???? I love growing WW....ran Dutch Passion indoors and they were some of the best buds I ever smoked

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
5/18/2018 day 20 outdoors and in the 1/2 gallon pots.

Most plants have already drank the 1/2 liter of water i gave them 2 days ago and are still hungry, they are ready for transplant/flower now. Moved the bagseeds inside to flower and transplanted the Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk plants to 3 gallon fabric pots filled with 1.5 gallons of soil sometime ~7pm, it was dark before i finished lol had to use phone flashlight for root pics. I must have done something right with my soil, because there were worms all up in the root balls that werent there when i transplanted them into the 1/2 gallon pots 20 days ago. (worms love grass/hay/alfalfa!)

Bagseeds in the tent under 400w Metal halide for flower
(I read flowering under a metal halide reduces stretching, alot of landrace sativas in here figured i would try to see)

picture.php

This was the weakest rootball from the Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk 1/2 gallon pots

picture.php

Random Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk 1/2 gallon pot plant root ball #1 (they all looked about like this other than the one in the first pic)

picture.php

Random Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk 1/2 gallon pot plant root ball #2

picture.php

5/19/2018 thismorning pic of Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk in back after transplanting to 3 gallon fabric pots filled with 1.5 gallons soil.

picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
nice :)

about bagseed - many elite clones were bagseed finds so you never know.

If you gave me a choice to grow expensive f1 indica seeds from a top breeder or bagseed from some awesome sativa you smoked on holiday, Ill take the sativa bagseed every time.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Lol or go the route i went and grow cheap indica seeds and the sativa bagseeds haha! Cant do sativas outdoors they would go until December easiliy because i have a long growing season. Transistion doesnt even start until mid august if im lucky lol.

Spaventa

Veteran
There are fast sat dominant hybrids that should work - C99, Easy sativa and the one I'm thinking about right now... Durban Poison. Its meant to be hazy and done in 8.5 weeks indoor.
Im not sure who to get it from yet but Dutch Passion seems legit.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Ive been looking alot into african/mexican/honduran sativas and zamaldelica sounds really interesting. Im a big fan of landrace strains and figured id just keep them indoors, im getting started into making my own seeds and want to use the Pineapple kush to cross onto some of them to experiment with.

Dday391

I've been considering trying silverbacks 60 in 60 method to try and get me some nice sativas to finish outdoors for me at 42n. In the method you initiate smaller plants to flower right about the time of summer solstice so night hours are increasing and the plants don't revert back on you. the thread says to flower them until your seeing actual flowers and you can have indicas done in August/ September or sativas in October. Worth a shot id say. Yield wouldn't be huge unless you had a bunch but the sun would probably bring out some nice flavors you may be missing out on growing it indoors.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Im at 16hr days on the June solstice and fear them revegging if put out then. Im pretty sure i would have to wait until mid august (14.5hr days and declining fast) at my lattitude to do the force flowering.

Spaventa

Veteran
Here at 51 we get 16 hours in June. Im thinking about trying some autos - just a few this year to see whats best and then find a proper location for a big one next year.

I like the idea of them only being in the ground 10 weeks or so. Less time to get found by hostiles.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've been considering trying silverbacks 60 in 60 method to try and get me some nice sativas to finish outdoors for me at 42n. In the method you initiate smaller plants to flower right about the time of summer solstice so night hours are increasing and the plants don't revert back on you. the thread says to flower them until your seeing actual flowers and you can have indicas done in August/ September or sativas in October. Worth a shot id say. Yield wouldn't be huge unless you had a bunch but the sun would probably bring out some nice flavors you may be missing out on growing it indoors.

I used to chat with silverback a lot many yrs ago and he had a lot of great ideas. He was in the 38n in Appalachia were he grew.
I'd give it try man

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
5/19/2018

I didnt water the Pineapple Kush or White Widow x Skunk plants when i transplanted yesterday night (5/18) (soil had a nice amount of moisture to it when i filled the pots). The weather forecast said it was going to rain tonight (5/19) and tomorrow (5/20). Decided it would be a good idea to top dress the pots before the rain to help the pale green color and yellowing lowest bottom leaves.

Mixed together:
18 tablespoon neem seed meal npk 6-1-2 (for nitrogen and pests/disease prevention)
18 teaspoon kelp meal npk 1-0.1-2 (for potassium, micros and growth hormones)
9 tablespoon epsom salt (for magnesium mostly and sulfur)
9 tablespoon dolomite lime powder (For calcium and magnesium, as well as neutralize PH (7) just in case)

Fed each Pineapple Kush and White Widow x Skunk 1.5 gallon plant and worked into top of soil:
1 tablespoon of the fix mix^
1 teaspoon of Jobes Heirloom Tomatoe dry food npk 2-5-3 7% calcium
1 tablespoon of bottom of bottle watered down Blu Moon Mega Roots

5/20/2018

Thismorning plants are looking much happier, more of a lime green than the pale neon green they were before transplanting/topdressing. (I separated the undesirables from the Pineapple Kush, I took the 2 runts, the tallest plant and the plant with the furthest node spacing and put them into show sex/flower)

picture.php

Fed each of the 1/2 gallon indoor plants:
1 teaspoon of the fix mix
1/2 teaspoon Jobes Heirloom Tomato dry food npk 2-5-3
1 teaspoon of bottom of bottle watered down Blu Moon Mega Roots
1 cup of water

Bagseeds are looking good (picture taken before top dressing)

picture.php

Last edited:

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
5/21/2018

Got some awesome pictures thismorning of the plants putting the food i gave them to work! These are 3 different Pineapple Kush plants, and the 4th pic is lower growth on the 3rd plant (i dont know why that pic came out so dark? lol).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bagseed plants grew a bit overnight since feeding!
picture.php

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
LOL i just seen all the rep you gave me and tried to rep your comment just now and got the dreaded "You may not vote on any more threads today." because i repped PANIKZ earlier today a bunch haha.