What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bargain Hunting for Weed

rolandomota

Most is black market in illegal states dispensaries are a close second. Least is the border for mex brick and of course the legal states that allow growing . And growing your own is the cheapest price

Sailormoses

At a dispensary in MA I can be expected to pay $400 an oz . From a MMJ caregiver it's $300 per oz. For my own grow it's $200 for new soil,$200 for beans and $ 130 for electric So to grow my own it's around $500+ and I get over a lb. That means i only pay about $32 an oz to grow my own.

HqFarms

At a dispensary in MA I can be expected to pay $400 an oz . From a MMJ caregiver it's $300 per oz. For my own grow it's $200 for new soil,$200 for beans and $ 130 for electric So to grow my own it's around $500+ and I get over a lb. That means i only pay about $32 an oz to grow my own.

If you are growing indoors you forgot the cost of equipment plus the time you put into taking care of everything. The only real benefit to growing for yourself is you know what exactly has been used in your garden if you started from seeds but if you buy clones you have no idea if/what they sprayed them with.

paper thorn

Veteran
here in AZ a lot of dispensaries are in the 280 an oz, 50 an 1/8th, 15 to 20 a gram range.

BUT, several lately have sales 0f 20 dollar 1/8ths, 6 dollar g rams. PARC comes to mind.
25 28 dollar 1/8ths are fairly common at a few stores.

Nirvana and Oasis have bogo 30 dollar 1/8ths.

All good smoke.

i've seen $25 grams of shatter, 15 half grams

PDX Dopesmoker

Most is black market in illegal states dispensaries are a close second. Least is the border for mex brick and of course the legal states that allow growing . And growing your own is the cheapest price

I actually spend a lot more to grow a pound now than I ever did to purchase a pound of brick when I lived near the border in Tucson.
I'm not positive that Tucson was cheaper than growing your own if you priced it by unit weight of THC though.

X

xavier7995

Quite a few dispensaries around me have 100 ounce deals. It's not very good...but it's there. Not sure if that is med or rec pricing.

Shooters

$140 an oz or $5/gram is what I get in donations, but I refuse to gouge my fellow patients, I'm not greedy, not doing it for the money, and as soon as a provider starts making serious dollars the tax man shows up with his hand out.