What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
gelato does look to be a headstash plant.

Not really. It's a bag appeal plant. I don't smoke it. My 21 year old apprentice dosent either. But he has see lots of volume for his age. So he is a snob too.

We grow it really well. But not for our heads. It needs a 2-3months cure to really develop nose. Found out when I forgot about a few zips. Smelled amazing afterwards!

I have strains ready to sell 7-14 days post harvest. So Gelato is a pain around here. I can't sit on product for 2 months.

Rondon

Very interested to see how things go with your grow. See a lot of commercial ops that run this way but use pargro instead of the cutilene cubes and flora flex caps with octa bubbler feeders.

Them flora flex caps are frikin genius.

Junk

Ahh it's not for everyone. But it is pretty.

It's a funny one for me too. I don't dislike it, but I'm not sure what else to say about it. I never mind it when I use it, but I'm not in a rush to get back to it. But then when I use it, I don't hate....I dunno lol.

A lot of peeps love it. Different strokes.

It's as pretty as they come imo...

Rondon

I just went back to rockwool blocks and slabs from a few years in coco coir. Actually under a few test lamps I bounce between the 2 substrates often. Ive even done the Dutch style of combining the 2. Rw blocks placed on coco slabs. To be fair...the 2 mediums are practically identical for me in fertigation schedules/watering and dry down. Also in harvest yield and quality. They don't look or feel the same but damn if they arent in real world application and use. I lf I had to choose (right now anyways) the edge has to go to rockwool in my experience. Just for ease of use and the no brainer with transplanting. Coco is just a pain and messy/time consuming if you use pots and not coco slabs. Sourcing consistent quality seems to get more difficult. Honestly I think the suppliers are running low on the choice stuff. Them mountains of old coir in Sri Lanka have been gone. But give me a few rounds and I will probably come back to say coco coir for the win because of reuse ability and cheaper costs. Lol. I do like them Flora Flex caps for rockwool blocks though. Just a genius idea and many production growers big and small I see are using them.

Last edited:

Scrappy-doo

I'll bet Heady would be happy to know his gbg made it all the way to the west coast! Gonna be real interesting to see what you do with her. Only grows I've seen are in soil. I'd like to see her hulk out!

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
Not really. It's a bag appeal plant. I don't smoke it. My 21 year old apprentice dosent either. But he has see lots of volume for his age. So he is a snob too.

We grow it really well. But not for our heads. It needs a 2-3months cure to really develop nose. Found out when I forgot about a few zips. Smelled amazing afterwards!

I have strains ready to sell 7-14 days post harvest. So Gelato is a pain around here. I can't sit on product for 2 months.

no kidding! good info! i have to be able to have stuff ready in 3 weeks usually so thats important. i dont mind sitting on a few jars if they are just for me though. hope i like it. i know a lot of folks do. im not one for new stuff generally (im still happily puffing on green crack) so maybe it will be something new and exciting for me.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Insomia!

Insomia!

Glad to have plants to hang with when I cant sleep!

Thought I little scale was in order. Those OG's are huge. Couple tops hitting 6ft tall (8ft from floor) The side lighting from bare bulbs is keeping nodes tighter.

Defoliation on Friday. Well friday and Sat at least its a jungle!!

I hope to have achieved insane canopy density while still getting sufficient light in there. 4 plants per sqft. Even 1 zip per plant will be a staggering harvest. The (3) x 600's are killing it! That's a lot of biomass!!

So my future plan is a corridor 12 ft wide. Plants on both walls. And 3ft tables down the center. All bare bulbs on movers. No top lighting just bulbs hanging in the two isles.

Junk

Thought I little scale was in order. Those OG's are huge. Couple tops hitting 6ft tall (8ft from floor) The side lighting from bare bulbs is keeping nodes tighter.

I hope to have achieved insane canopy density while still getting sufficient light in there. 4 plants per sqft. Even 1 zip per plant will be a staggering harvest. The (3) x 600's are killing it! That's a lot of biomass!!

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1800900]View Image[/url]

So my future plan is a corridor 12 ft wide. Plants on both walls. And 3ft tables down the center. All bare bulbs on movers. No top lighting just bulbs hanging in the two isles.

The scale is helpful. I saw that pic earlier but had no idea they were that large.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1800900]View Image[/url]

I remember my first grow, lol ! But seriously shit is looking insane ! I just set up a section for my males. So now I'll be able to flip that Copper Chem male, collect pollen. Then make seeds in the flower room without needing a whole separate tent.

picture.php

mushroombrew

Veteran
That's great! The boys deserve some space too!

I think I got the clove smelling gift to pull through. And seeds are swelling all over!!

I just mist the boys daily. Keep the pollen heavy. Not ready to get into the seed biz yet lol!!

I am telling you; you are going to trip when you see how heavy he is!

Latest posts

Latest posts